Rock vs Wheel

Abysmal, yet expected.

That’s Alloa safe I’d say - no chance we’re overcoming 7 points.  Few more weeks and I’d imagine Peterhead will also be safe and it’ll just be a case of 9th or 10th. 

That’s 3/10 of our “cup finals” lost.  Get him to f**k.

Surely pre match the back 4,5 how many rally round with a right lads let’s not us be to blame today and for first 15 take no chances .

3 minutes in and that goes out the window.

simply not good enough 

didn’t think keeper was great at second and then we fight to get back into game without a shot at goal in second half

simply not good enough 

Dumbarton are the poorest side in the league now no doubt. Absolutely nothing up front. 
We did enough. Scored 2 goals, defended well and Mutch had his quietest game of the season. 
Rennie said he was going to shut up shop now and play the %ages. Looks like he was true to his word. 

2nd bottom in the league and we play out a complete non event.  Toothless and accident prone are not a good combination.  

I'd accept that Faz was limited by suspension and Covid today, but to field a team with 7 defenders and therefore minimal attacking threat is ridiculous.  Falkirk are unsettled yet we didnt try and get in about them.

He's got to go and give someone else the chance to help these players turn it around, if he was capable of that we wouldn't be in this position.

Edited by sonsanorak

I realised a few years ago that nobody knows a football team better than their own support. But Dumbarton and Falkirk fans can't both be right tomorrow. Probably.
We did tell you Falkirk. Although, you'll no doubt go back to losing ways next week. It's a shame for you that you can't play us every week.

Yeah, there was absolutely no need to play with 7 defenders from the beginning. It doesn't matter how many defenders you have in the team when players are making the individual errors we are making each week! As the ball was holding up in the air you just knew what was going to happen. So predictable.

Why we brought Lynch back in rather than just play with Carlo at RB (his best position in my opinion) and start with either Wilson or McKee. In the first half we had plenty of dead balls to deliver into the box and 90% of the crosses were absolutely honking. When we had our most successful period earlier this season, lots of assists were coming from CW and JM!

As much as Wright looked an improvement on Ramsbottom when he first signed, I don't think the improvement is all too significant. His distribution is awful and every week I find myself questioning if he could have stopped something or done slightly better.

Not one of our players today looked like they believed we could achieve anything. We have no chance of staying up unless a big change is made, and even then it's a huge ask!

Not a comment on the match but I thought the young Falkirk fans in the Stag's Head were great. It was a shame they took it a bit far and got chucked out. In particular, there was one guy who crossed the line with the landlady but his pals quickly got him back in line. My advice would be to never put is this the way to Amarillo on the jukebox twice in quick succession.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Some offside call this, when will the SFA agenda against us ever end?

E93FFD30-B171-4E10-BACF-E86CAAD82FBB.png

I thought that was a weird call when it happened - didn’t realise quite how wrong it was.

Think we also got very lucky with the penalty shout Griffiths was raging at. Definitely looked like he got pushed and we got the free kick for it. 

Dumbarton were dire yesterday, doesn’t look good for them. The first goal whilst comical was also a bit unlucky combining the wind and an awful bounce. 

For how terrible Dumbarton were I thought the falkirk players deserve a bit of credit. It was an ugly performance, but what a difference having a bit of aggression and actually having a midfield for what seems like the first time all season. Hetherington has had an awful season but fair to play him, he did well I thought. Dumbarton didn’t create anything really but it’s also as well as we have defended as a team for months. 

Can we build on this? Probably not, let’s be honest. 

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

I don’t think the SFA is against you. I think we just have terrible refs and assistants. It’s rare to see a good one.

23 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Dumbarton were dire yesterday, doesn’t look good for them. The first goal whilst comical was also a bit unlucky combining the wind and an awful bounce. 

For how terrible Dumbarton were I thought the falkirk players deserve a bit of credit. It was an ugly performance, but what a difference having a bit of aggression and actually having a midfield for what seems like the first time all season. Hetherington has had an awful season but fair to play him, he did well I thought. Dumbarton didn’t create anything really but it’s also as well as we have defended as a team for months. 

Can we build on this? Probably not, let’s be honest. 

You’re right we were dire yesterday but I would give you a little credit for taking the two goals but that’s it. You lot looked awful as well. A semi decent team should have put 4/5 past us yesterday. We gifted you a goal and then you managed to score one on your own.

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Thought he looked well on even from the away end. Just one of a number of terrible decisions from the officials yesterday. Mills getting booked for a clean tackle was probably my favourite, closely followed by Hetherington getting a stern talking to despite it being Miller that had wiped out a Dumbarton player. Absolutely clueless