Rock vs Wheel

6 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

He has but apparently he's been told by the consultant that he can't play on grass or artificial surfaces.  Anything else is fine.

Excellent news. No chance of finding any grass on our sandpit, eh?

Spoiler

monkey-badum-tss.gif

As per last week, it’s Friday, and once again the crystal clear stream of hope has bubbled to the surface.

Doubtless there will be a dumper truck of salt waiting nearby tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

As per last week, it’s Friday, and once again the crystal clear stream of hope has bubbled to the surface.

Doubtless there will be a dumper truck of salt waiting nearby tomorrow.

Yup, at 1401 when the old Twitter notification pops up with the team and the PTSD kicks in again...

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yup, at 1401 when the old Twitter notification pops up with the team and the PTSD kicks in again...

Sadly true. Do you think he will go for the stability of last week, or give the starting XI tombola another spin?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly true. Do you think he will go for the stability of last week, or give the starting XI tombola another spin?

He did say on Monday that Mills would be back in defence tomorrow.

Much as Its annoying when other fans dismiss what we tell them about our team, so I shall not dismiss the Sons fans saying we will pump them with ease. This team is still capable of flat tracking a team with absolutely nothing about them.

That said, every manager of the last few years has capped a bad run with an absolute joke performance that sees him sacked. This could easily be Rennies although I would be amazed if he doesnt see out this nothing of a season. There would be no point in removing him.

So I guess if the joke performance comes tomorrow, wel have a good 4 or 5 more to look forward to as we sit and hope those below us don't put a run of points together.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Much as Its annoying when other fans dismiss what we tell them about our team, so I shall not dismiss the Sons fans saying we will pump them with ease. This team is still capable of flat tracking a team with absolutely nothing about them.

That said, every manager of the last few years has capped a bad run with an absolute joke performance that sees him sacked. This could easily be Rennies although I would be amazed if he doesnt see out this nothing of a season. There would be no point in removing him.

So I guess if the joke performance comes tomorrow, wel have a good 4 or 5 more to look forward to as we sit and hope those below us don't put a run of points together.

Can't see it.

We're absolutely mince. Wright isnt the huge upgrade on Ramsbottom that we needed. We don't have a right back and our first choice left back has made too many mistakes this year. Manager has no confidence in the young back-up and that means we've switched to a back 3. I think we've got the players to play that way, but I think too many of our team have chucked it to really get the improvements we need from a switch in formation. Carswell is missing tomorrow. No idea what combination we go with in midfield. Up front we're probably not going to see our January striker signing again as his injury doesnt seem to be clearing up despite regularly working with the physio on match day. He's been doing physio work before kick off for the past 2 games.

Falkirk score first and we'll just chuck it. Would expect a 2-0 or maybe 3-1. Won't be much more than a consolation goal.  That loss last week was a massive worry for me. Gives East Fife a bit of hope whilst adding further doubt to us. 

EF weren’t that far off us in the 3-1 late late show. To be confident of 3 points for MR, The Rock need to be weaker than EF…..much weaker.

Anyone thinking we are just inconsistent, and it depends upon which FFC turns up really aren’t up to speed on how things have unraveled these past few seasons.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Between the 6th of November and the 15th of January Falkirk’s record in competitive matches was as follows: P9 W2 D1 L6 - the two wins were 3-0 and 6-2 swordings of Dumbarton. I remember Falkirk fans feeling quite optimistic after the 3-0 game in particular and you didn’t win another game for almost 2 months until you played against us (the 6-2 pumping in Falkirk). No matter how bad you are doing we are here to gift you three points and give you some false hope. 

The only potential issue I envisage for Falkirk tomorrow is our pitch. It really is an absolute tattie field but given we can barely string two passes together on it I’d be surprised if it hampers you too much. It’s not outwith the realms of possibilty that we sneak a draw or something but Falkirk at evens seems like very easy money to me, especially given we don’t have anything resembling a proper striker available for selection. The last two games have been massively concerning for me, we look like a team who have completely chucked it and with the goals we consistently gift the opposition it really is a recipe for disaster.

42 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Can't see it.

We're absolutely mince. Wright isnt the huge upgrade on Ramsbottom that we needed. We don't have a right back and our first choice left back has made too many mistakes this year. Manager has no confidence in the young back-up and that means we've switched to a back 3. I think we've got the players to play that way, but I think too many of our team have chucked it to really get the improvements we need from a switch in formation. Carswell is missing tomorrow. No idea what combination we go with in midfield. Up front we're probably not going to see our January striker signing again as his injury doesnt seem to be clearing up despite regularly working with the physio on match day. He's been doing physio work before kick off for the past 2 games.

Falkirk score first and we'll just chuck it. Would expect a 2-0 or maybe 3-1. Won't be much more than a consolation goal.  That loss last week was a massive worry for me. Gives East Fife a bit of hope whilst adding further doubt to us. 

How many has Wright thrown in the net compared to Ramsbottom?

As for chucking it i just don't think that's the case. We might not be very good but we rarely chuck it.

I’m away tomorrow for the night with the wife and our pals for a wee hotel overnight stay. Going to try like f**k to avoid the Falkirk score, these useless twats have wasted far too many Saturday nights for me recently.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

There is absolutely  zero, none, f**k all, Nada, nought, he haw, chance of us getting anything tomorrow. You could field your u-11 girls team and I wouldn't fancy us to get anything. We are dugshit and destined for the drop.  Falkirk on the coupon tomorrow is the biggest certainty ever.

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

There is absolutely  zero, none, f**k all, Nada, nought, he haw, chance of us getting anything tomorrow. You could field your u-11 girls team and I wouldn't fancy us to get anything. We are dugshit and destined for the drop.  Falkirk on the coupon tomorrow is the biggest certainty ever.

Yeah, Falkirk fans should have learned from the last 2 matches that even when you are at your absolute worst there is little to no chance of not winning against this sons side.

35 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Its just a matter of when the cliff moment comes for us. The signs are there that it will be soon. We've seen the trend enough times over the last few years and it always goes the same way. There will come a point where it doesn't matter how shite the opposition is. Again though, no saying it will be this week.