Wales v Austria - Who are we supporting?

Donathan

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Patterson is first choice and will be playing regardless of how much he plays for Everton.

Wasn’t Clarke on record as saying Patterson was lucky to be in the squad this time round?

I still think he sees O’Donnell as first choice against tougher opposition. Case in point being the last double header against Moldova and Denmark.

Edit - I’m a fanny and just remembered Patterson was suspended for the Denmark game. But I still think Clarke might lean towards starting O’Donnell in a play-off.

Edited by eez-eh

I'm a lot more worried about Wales than I would've been about Austria, particularly playing in Cardiff.  And given Bale is unlikely to do much for the next few months other than wait for that game, doubt there's much chance of him getting an injury.

If we get there, it's going to be a tremendous occasion, the sort a  neutral would be delighted with.  I just fear the worst.

Is there any indication when a date's getting confirmed for the final? Some of us have hotels with free cancellations to worry about. 

Would guess they'll sort it out now that they know which other group of teams they have to disrupt (Wales' group).

10 hours ago, Elixir said:

Wales will pap us out if we play them. Absolutely nothing surer: a certainty.

First of all we would need to beat a team that are likely to be more motivated to win than any we have met or are likely to meet EVER. I would worry about Ukraine more than Wales. 

If we do get through to play Wales I would be glad it is in Wales and not Scotland. More likely to screw up a home game with full Hampden. 

Wales are a decent team which is why they are much further up the rankings than we are 20 v 40. But I would be confident we could give them a right good game and Clarke has proven he can get results home and away against higher ranked nations. 

I would have someone man marking Bale. Ryan Jack for example. 

Getting to the World Cup by beating a Gareth Bale led Wales in Cardiff, hopefully causing that arsehole's retirement in the process, would only be bettered by getting there at the expense of England.

Will have to scrape me off the ceiling if this comes to fruition. 

A lot of Welsh blue tickers on Twitter basically implying their looking at hotels in Qatar.  I'd love for us to retire Bale.  A scrappy last minute winner off Ryan Jack's anus or something.

Wales are going to have the benefit of playing the winner of Scotland v Ukraine which will almost certainly be a draining game considering it will be a full Hampden and as welldaft says the most motivated team in world football just now so both teams will be all in. Ukraine drew 6/8 games in qualifiers so this could easily go to penalties.

Wales get to let these two sides push each other to their limits then take on a more than likely knackered team in the final. 

Bale and Ramsey will just tick over until this match and be as fresh as can be. Their lack of game time doesn't affect their performances for Wales. Wales also have this belief that defies their overall actual ability which makes them super dangerous. Fair play to them for creating this and it has stuck since Euro 2016 even with different managers and players. 

It will take an almighty effort for Scotland to come through both of these games victorious.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A lot of Welsh blue tickers on Twitter basically implying their looking at hotels in Qatar.  I'd love for us to retire Bale.  A scrappy last minute winner off Ryan Jack's anus or something.

I’d be fully supportive of Charlie Adam getting a banter call up just to go through Bale in the first minute.

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

It would be O’Donnell and Robertson unless Patterson forced himself into the Everton team between now and the end of the season.

Either way we would get beat. Best step aside as a gesture to Ukraine, take the world's plaudits and let the Welsh be the shitbags for knocking them out. 

16 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Either way we would get beat. Best step aside as a gesture to Ukraine, take the world's plaudits and let the Welsh be the shitbags for knocking them out. 

You are an absolute roaster.