Airdrie v QP

If we had Messi and Ronaldo, we probably still wouldn’t get a result at Airdrie. The bogiest of bogey grounds. The bingo card includes a looping goal that seemingly takes forever to drop in, a defensive calamity, a penalty, and a red card. Our twelfth visit and we’ve failed to win. Last time we won at Airdrie was 1982, albeit we didn’t play each other for about twenty-five years after that.

I have no way of knowing where he is in terms of development, but if Heraghty is ready, I’d stick him in. Two fairly major errors costing points from Ferrie in recent weeks. Certainly looked ok on the previous visit.

I’ll allow celebrations at any equaliser this week, given that Airdrie are demonstrably better at association football than us and any point ever picked up there is a triumph.

20 minutes ago, an86 said:

If we had Messi and Ronaldo, we probably still wouldn’t get a result at Airdrie. The bogiest of bogey grounds. The bingo card includes a looping goal that seemingly takes forever to drop in, a defensive calamity, a penalty, and a red card. Our twelfth visit and we’ve failed to win. Last time we won at Airdrie was 1982, albeit we didn’t play each other for about twenty-five years after that.

I have no way of knowing where he is in terms of development, but if Heraghty is ready, I’d stick him in. Two fairly major errors costing points from Ferrie in recent weeks. Certainly looked ok on the previous visit.

I’ll allow celebrations at any equaliser this week, given that Airdrie are demonstrably better at association football than us and any point ever picked up there is a triumph.

Not much to add to that and I hope your League record

continues. However all the games this season have been really close, so although I have predicted a home win, it's still a nervy game for me. 

9 minutes ago, an86 said:

I had no idea Queen's Park record at Airdrie was that bad. When I think of Airdrie v Queen's Park games, the only thing that comes to mind is penalty shootouts from all the cup games in recent years. 

Much like the previous five games between the teams this season, I think this will be another tight game. I don't think any of the games so far have been classics and we'll probably get more of the same on Saturday but at this point, as long as we get three points I don't care how we play. Looking at the games so far, Queen's Park dominated possession in the first two games at Firhill with Airdrie having a couple of good chances, the cup game at Airdrie was fairly even and Airdrie dominated the 1-0 win, although struggled to create any clear chances and required a moment of magic from Kerr McInroy. The last game was rubbish, two poor performances on an awful pitch but even then, we were a Callum Smith sitter away from taking all three points. 

Queen's Park's results have picked up a bit this month after a poor spell and I'm sure they'll be delighted to play on a pitch that isn't Firhill or Dumbarton. They have some good players in midfield who can cause problems and Peter Grant's return seems to have helped defensively. After a slight drop in performances last month, Airdrie look to be getting closer to their best and after two great away wins, go into this game with a lot of confidence. I think Airdrie will win by a goal, hopefully Callum Smith continuing his great form. We've struggled to score an early goal against Queen's Park this season, if we can do that it should hopefully be a comfortable win but I'm expecting another tense game. 

6 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

I'm struggling to see a positive result for Queens for the first time this season. Airdrie have improved as the season progresses and we are at sixes and sevens. That generally would indicate a shock win for Queens. That will do me.

this is exactly my train of thought for this game also.

There's been hee haw between the teams in the games this season and I don't reckon this one will be any different.  As well as we've played for MOST of the season, I've always got the nagging doubt at the back of my mind we're going to revert to type and have a nightmare one day. 

we just need to win, any f*cking win.

(please win)

8 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

this is exactly my train of thought for this game also.

There's been hee haw between the teams in the games this season and I don't reckon this one will be any different.  As well as we've played for MOST of the season, I've always got the nagging doubt at the back of my mind we're going to revert to type and have a nightmare one day. 

we just need to win, any f*cking win.

(please win)

Must say I didn't think much of Airdrie early in the season but the consistency has been enviable and the league positions don't lie. Just unlucky you've got a very strong Cove this year. I'm actually more hopeful this week than last. We've struggled all season with breaking down teams that get crammed into their penalty area. Our new interim coach/Director of Football has seemingly spotted the problem but our immaturity in the middle of the park will be our ultimate shortfall this year. But against Airdrie at home, pushing for promotion, I'm hopeful we'll have more room to move between defenders.

So, a 1-1 draw it is then😄

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

With every passing week it's looking more and more likely we're going to make the playoffs. Saturday will give us an indication of whether or not we have a realistic shot at winning them.

Airdrie are on cracking form (unbeaten in their last 12 league games), and it was only a month ago they put four past a Montrose team that we would go on to lose to a couple of weeks later. Hammered Falkirk 4-1 last week as well, but for all our failings as a team, shipping goals isn't one of them - the last time we conceded more than a goal in a game was when Peterhead beat us 2-1 back in November - so I'd be amazed if it was anything like that on Saturday.

The game is inevitably going to be tight, but hopefully we can show a bit more steel and turn one of these draws into three points.

I haven’t been that impressed with QP this season considering their funding/personnel.

They certainly know how to grind out a draw but I think we’re miles ahead in terms of flare and creativity. Just need to watch our recent highlights to see what we can do.

Unlike the previous games this season, I can see Airdrie winning by a few and keeping the title race alive. 

The league points don’t lie, we’ve got the capacity to deal with these types of games. 

3-0 diamonds ♦️ 

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

I haven’t been that impressed with QP this season considering their funding/personnel.

They certainly know how to grind out a draw but I think we’re miles ahead in terms of flare and creativity. Just need to watch our recent highlights to see what we can do.

Unlike the previous games this season, I can see Airdrie winning by a few and keeping the title race alive. 

The league points don’t lie, we’ve got the capacity to deal with these types of games. 

3-0 diamonds ♦️ 

There’s always one post in a match thread makes you think “that’s the one that’ll come back to haunt them”……