Dees vs. Rangers, Sunday 20th March at midday

14 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Alan McGregor should remember he was bombed out for going on the piss on a Scotland trip before he calls fans arseholes.

I agree. McGregor is an arsehole. 

PS, I've watched the penalty given, Madden's one of the better officials but he got that badly wrong.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
Watched penalty award.

15 hours ago, bennett said:

Surely you should be in favour of VAR then, that would sort out those inconsistencies.  Like a few weeks when Sakala was pulled back by his shirt against Dundee United and the ref missed it, pretty sure that the ref may have been Madden. 

Just spotted this. The Sakala incident wasn't seen by anyone in the ground in real time, far less Madden. But yes, it may have been highlighted by VAR and a penalty given. 

In the same match, Morelos and Jack may have been sent off, had VAR been utilised.

15 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

🤣well Mcghee is wrong....like i asked do you think dundee would have got that decision up the other end of the park..

a simple yes or no.

Like they did when McLaughlan gave away a penalty at Dens recently?

Both were penalties but only one should have been a Red as the Dundee defender is making no attempt to play ball

You obviously didn’t see the decision Madden didn’t give Rangers at Tannadice recently!

Two penalties / Two sending offs and the cowardly b*****d only gave Rangers one decision out of the 4!

Corrupt to the core 

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It’s a genuine question, which continues to show the total inconsistency of referees. Is every jersey pull by a defender in the penalty box given as a penalty? No, so why not? It’s inconsistency where none should exist.

So you agree we need VAR?

It just proves that Madden is a dreadful referee! 

I think all right minded football supporters agree both this penalty and the Sakala penalty were pretty obvious yet Madden didn’t give the most obvious one at Tannadice and failed to send either defender off despite them making no attempt to play the ball 

Consistency in decision making is all   we are asking for 

6 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Consistency in decision making is all   we are asking for 

Agreed. 

However, you really need to be careful what you wish for, because if all the officials were to genuinely apply rules consistently, I'd estimate your new club would be down somewhere between 10 and 30 points every season.

Worse still for you, consistency in decision making would see your old club treated identically to Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna FC, so Rangers historical record would rightly end in 2012 when that club failed to exit administration. Not only would the current club playing out of Ibrox have amassed nowhere near 55 top flight titles, but the old club would have several titles and trophies stripped and expunged in respect of the cheating years, and justifiably so. 

So, consistency in decision making would have you supporting a club with just one top league title, just like many of us diddies. In those circumstances, your posting history suggests that you absolutely would do walking away, and the cry would be "I surrender."

Edited by Squonk

Just seen the penalty award. I would have no problem with that award if every time there is a jersey pull, no matter how slight like today’s, either a penalty or a free kick for the defending team was given. But it’s not. Also, because Madden gave the penalty for a jersey pull, why was the Dundee player not sent off? No attempt to play the ball.

He wasn't sent off because it wasn't a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, unless you think Morelos is 9 feet tall he was never getting that ball.

4 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Not me I’m afraid. I’m not on Rangers Media. Tbh I didn’t even know that place was still a thing. Absolutely hoaching with diddies and ‘Them’ 

The use of “Them” just kind of underlines you’re a bigoted moron and puts it on full display.

Cheers big yin.

6 hours ago, Squonk said:

Agreed. 

However, you really need to be careful what you wish for, because if all the officials were to genuinely apply rules consistently, I'd estimate your new club would be down somewhere between 10 and 30 points every season.

Worse still for you, consistency in decision making would see your old club treated identically to Third Lanark, Airdrieonians and Gretna FC, so Rangers historical record would rightly end in 2012 when that club failed to exit administration. Not only would the current club playing out of Ibrox have amassed nowhere near 55 top flight titles, but the old club would have several titles and trophies stripped and expunged in respect of the cheating years, and justifiably so. 

So, consistency in decision making would have you supporting a club with just one top league title, just like many of us diddies. In those circumstances, your posting history suggests that you absolutely would do walking away, and the cry would be "I surrender."

Why would I walk away? I Follow Followed all through the banter years. From Elgin to Stranraer from Peterhead to Berwick Upon Tweed.

Rangers have by a considerable distance the most loyal support in the country. That’s not even up for debate. 

9 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Rangers have by a considerable distance the most loyal support in the country. That’s not even up for debate. 

Absolutely amazing for a ten year old club, well impressive.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

9 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Just spotted this. The Sakala incident wasn't seen by anyone in the ground in real time, far less Madden. But yes, it may have been highlighted by VAR and a penalty given. 

In the same match, Morelos and Jack may have been sent off, had VAR been utilised.

WE DON’T HAVE F*CK*NG VAR.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He wasn't sent off because it wasn't a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, unless you think Morelos is 9 feet tall he was never getting that ball.

Yeah, I’ll hold my hands up and admit that I got that totally wrong. However, my point about jersey pulling stands. I fully expect Bobby Madden to now give every jersey tug he spots in the box, no matter how slight, to be a penalty. Every one. Just when Andy Considine is coming back as well.

Edited by kingjoey