Saints v Motherwell, Saturday 19th March

17 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

I honestly don't us winning this.

Absolutely no clue what the starting 11 will be. No one anyone does anymore. So I look forward to trying to figure what sort of formation Alexander is attempting this week. I would like to see us go with:

Kelly; SOD, Sol, Lamie, McGinley; Slattery, Tierney, Cornelius; Woolery, Van Veen, Roberts. But it won't be anywhere near that. We'll inevitably concede first like we always do, equalise just before or after halftime then concede a late goal for Saints to win 2-1.

Grimshaw in goals

Lucketti     Lasley      Burrows 

the midfield is made up of ballboys

Cowan up front  

GA will still blame the ref for the result

1 hour ago, Desp said:

The team I'd like for us to put out on Saturday;

Kelly

SOD  Sol  Lamie  McGinley

Cornelius  O'Hara  Slattery

Roberts  KvV  Woolery

The team I expect Alexander to pick on Saturday;

Kelly

Corrigan  Burrows  Krivokapic  McGinley

O'Hara  Donnelly  Aldo the Kitman

Alex Burns  KvV  Trevor Molloy

1-1.

Burrows with the equaliser?

48 minutes ago, Radford said:

Never go full Gary Rowett. There is no way back. 

In fairness it lasted 55 seconds or whatever so we've no idea how bad/good it might have been.

2 hours ago, BadgerShelf said:

Grimshaw in goals

Lucketti     Lasley      Burrows 

the midfield is made up of ballboys

Cowan up front  

GA will still blame the ref for the result

Think Burrows is out with COVID m8 

19 hours ago, capt_oats said:

My guess would be:

Kelly
Ojala Johansen Lamie
SOD Cornelius Donnelly McGinley
Tierney
KVV Efford

Efford's got 2 in his last 2 so that's something, Cornelius started (and scored) against Saints back in December. I'm 100% on the Tierney bus though (not that I think he'll start).

It seemed a bit out the blue that we went 523 on Sunday, it's not a shape we've tried before but IIRC it's a shape that Saints have used in the past. It wouldn't be a massive surprise if we try to match up with them.

5-2-3 I'm fine with. 

3 O'clock it all goes to ratchet.

11 hours ago, Desp said:

The team I expect Alexander to pick on Saturday;

Kelly

Corrigan  Burrows  Krivokapic  McGinley

O'Hara  Donnelly  Aldo the Kitman

Alex Burns  KvV  Trevor Molloy

1-1.

I played with Aldo about 15 years ago. He was a great player 15 years before that. Won the reserve league with Motherwell I am sure.

I'd absolutely throw Bryson straight in if he's fit. We have eight games to go, one of which is away to Celtic. We need points on the board. Get our best players out there on Saturday and try to get three now.
Clark
Cleary Gordon McCart
Rooney Davidson Bryson Gallacher
Hallberg
Hendry May/Bair/Middleton (there are arguments for all of them, I don't really mind)

Fitness dependant, that would be my side too. Hoping at least one of Davidson or Bryson makes it leaving only one space for Crawford, MacPherson or Butterfield.

Doubt many will agree but I'd probably go for May alongside Hendry as they've looked the most like a partnership this season. None of the options are really filling me with optimism though

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

299fe9df44361d50b8c57040a37c6e88.jpg

I’m really hoping we’re losing no players alongside him.

As I say whenever this happens, I wish him and anyone else affected a speedy recovery. f**k COVID-19 And its affects.

Poor Alan Burrows is apparently still feeling bad and he's testing negative now (been about 12 days since his first positive). No one should suffer for it.

Onto the game. I think it will be harder now as players will probably have a better mindset (focusing on doing well for the manager rather than trying to push far ahead of dundee). It will also help when we end up putting fox at centre back via the tombola selection.

4 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Hopefully it won't be needed, but any 'Well fans travelling to Perth might want to bookmark this to cite as precedent in a potential class action suit next week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60780404

image.png.19762e0661554545bb237435d664a2f7.png

A few of us booked cheap trains a while ago. Some day in store ruined by 60 mins of fitba nae doubt.

Potentially the last meeting between the sides at McDiarmid for a while? 

Still fondly remember the first meeting since our promotion 13 years ago tbh, mental to think we could start with 2 players who played in that game, mind you.

Screenshot_20220317-190832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b4f5f2a5faf6547058dc8cf36eb50bec.jpg