Sheepshaggers v Spoonburners - Sat 19th

52 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I know hibs fans defend him because he can be maligned in the media, but does porteous not drive them mad? 

To my mind he’s An above average premiership defender who is prone to moments of absolute madness. So avoidable as well. 

I just shrug. Think that lockdown football has completely sapped my investment in individual players. Watching Josh Doig progress then regress as a footballer on a computer screen did it for me.

If he didn't have the moments of absolute madness he would be playing in Glasgow or England right now, so I don't think we have a choice but to accept it.

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Bizarre thing to appeal tbh.  The law is it isn't a red card if you've made a genuine attempt to play the ball.  There was literally no way to play the ball there without fouling the attacker so it can't be classed as anything other than a red I'd imagine.

Then again, it'sthe SFA so who knows

I dont see it any other way than your assessment, however I think Hibs are a bit fucked off with Muirs reffing yesterday.

Aberdeens first penalty should never have been given (if i read the rules correctly) so why not appeal in this case - you never know as you say?

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Our first penalty wasn’t a penalty.

One back from the SFA, just another 8 to go and “these things will have evened themselves up over the course of the season”.

Bear in mind that Hibs are still heavily in arrears with the Boyle Debt that they’ve run up In recent years

I enjoyed that game, obviously.  Barron was excellent and Ferguson, Gallagher, Hayes and Besuijen all played well too.  Hibs were poor, they can't be going with Stevenson and Campbell as a solution in midfield surely?  I actually thought Porto played well and was running a pretty steady defence up until he Porto'd it, but I suppose you have to take stuff like that into account when you're assessing players.  

First penalty shouldn't have been given - I couldn't see as it was at the far end from where I sit (honest!) but my mate next to me called it as no foul and it seems like that from the highlights.  So aye we got a bit lucky TBF.   Lovely bit of skill by Watkins for the third goal and a beauty of a finish that I was expecting to go three yards over the bar.  

39 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Had a look at hibs.net (I know, I know) and the Hibs fans are furious with Besuijens diving.

They had the opportunity to watch Boyle for years. I thought they'd appreciate it.

They had the opportunity to watch that Jasper lad yesterday as well. His dive a metre in front of Ferguson on the edge of our box was the worst dive in the game, including besuijen's leap in front of the dugouts. To be fair the hibees on here weren't salty about it. 

48 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They had the opportunity to watch that Jasper lad yesterday as well. His dive a metre in front of Ferguson on the edge of our box was the worst dive in the game, including besuijen's leap in front of the dugouts. To be fair the hibees on here weren't salty about it. 

Besuijens in front of the dugout was so bad that Willie Garner called it way before the replay.

Comrades, are we really going to play the same tired game every time a Premiership team develops a pantomime villain? You're going to pretend to hate Porto for a while, until he earns a move to a different club, becomes a stalwart member of a resurgent Scotland side, and earns himself a place in the hearts of every football fan in the nation. 

He's the new Scott Brown / Barry Ferguson. No one... I repeat, no one... could have anything but love and respect for these bold and daring members of the Scottish footballing fraternity. 

Edited by The Other Foot

1 minute ago, The Other Foot said:

Comrades, are we really going to play the same tired game every time a Premiership team develops a pantomime villain? You're going to pretend to hate Porto for a while, until he earns a move to a different club, becomes a stalwart member of a resurgent Scotland side, and earns himself a place in the hearts of every football fan in the nation. 

He's the new Scott Brown / Barry Ferguson. 

Hate him? He just gave us three points. 

23 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I dont see it any other way than your assessment, however I think Hibs are a bit fucked off with Muirs reffing yesterday.

Aberdeens first penalty should never have been given (if i read the rules correctly) so why not appeal in this case - you never know as you say?

You may be right about the first penalty, but I’ve watched it at least twenty times and still can’t see the ball hit the guys knee before it hits his arm. I’m not saying that it didn’t, just I can’t make it out, so what chance does a referee have of seeing that, if it did happen. 

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Besuijens in front of the dugout was so bad that Willie Garner called it way before the replay.

At the time I was furious with him as I felt that he could have bombed on down the wing as he’d got the ball past the Hibs defender. No idea why he wasn’t booked for that.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You may be right about the first penalty, but I’ve watched it at least twenty times and still can’t see the ball hit the guys knee before it hits his arm. I’m not saying that it didn’t, just I can’t make it out, so what chance does a referee have of seeing that, if it did happen. 

If he doesnt see it properly, then how can he make an assessment that it was a penalty?

Mistakes happen - when players make mistakes they pay for it (pen / red cards) but refs seem bulletproof.

This c**t Muir has always been a fucking useless b*****d.

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Was the Porteous red card not just a straight red card for a terrible challenge notwithstanding that he may have made an effort to go for the ball?

Was a bit wild and reckless, as you say is that not worthy of a red regardless?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

If he doesnt see it properly, then how can he make an assessment that it was a penalty?

Because only a blind man didn't see the ball hit his arm. The contentious point here is, did it hit his knee first. If Muir didn't see the knee contact, if it happened, he has to give a penalty...which he did.