Thistle v Accies

16 hours ago, Barney Exactly said:

The fans leaving 6 or 7 minutes into the second half was a bit disappointing ….and surprising I have to say. 

Didn’t expect to see that at Firhill no matter the performance.

whilst it was shite….there were at least some contributing factors.

onwards to Dunfermline on Tuesday….

If none of players missing today are back and Mayo away on international duty we will only have 12 available outfield players. I think you need to have 13 for a game to go ahead. McCall was only hopeful that some of them would be ok for Tuesday.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

And we’re now in a playoff position.

Demonstrably, we aren’t going backwards under him. You’re allowed to have concerns about how far he can take us without hitting out with obvious bollocks. 

I beg to duffer. Since January we have being going backwards. Transfer dealings in that window have been dreadful( seems to be a theme about McCall). We haven't played a good 90 minutes since up at Caley. Yesterday's display was horrendous and Accies weren't all that great. They played the conditions very well, we didn't. 

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I see that you are waving your usual boy fan McCall flag. McCall said that when he came in he would sort the balance of the team. He hasn't. We have been dreadful since the draw up at Caley. Since then, not one of our strikers have scored. There is a clear decline from earlier in the season. Any Thistle fan who didn't see this kind of result coming are either blind or sticking their fingers in their ears and singing" la la la". This all sits with McCall. We are lucky that Raith Rovers have hit the skids or the play offs would be gone now.

But that’s the thing about a league, though, isn’t it. The better teams finish higher up the league. 
This kind of result has been coming because of the backlog of games we have had and Tiffoney missing for a number of weeks and yes our inability to get a better striker and winger in January.

Our attempts to get a left sided winger over the past few years have been cursed. 

Mitch Austin (sicknote) 

Erskine's final spell (injured after 10 minutes) 

Blair Lyons (disaster)

Jake Hastie (shite) 

Kyle McAllister (another sicknote) 

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Our attempts to get a left sided winger over the past few years have been cursed. 

Mitch Austin (sicknote) 

Blair Lyons (disaster)

Jake Hastie (shite) 

Zanatta and De Vita?

41 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Mitch Austin (sicknote) 

Blair Lyons (disaster)

Jake Hastie (shite) 

Scott Tiffoney? 

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Mitch Austin (sicknote) 

Blair Lyons (disaster)

Jake Hastie (shite) 

My only memory of Mitch Austin from his time with us was in (correct me if I'm wrong) the Ramsden's Cup Semi.  Snatched at a shot late on when there were several people to square to for a tap in, and then spent the rest of the game and post-game with Brian Graham's foot, head, and general fury right up his arse.