Thistle v Accies

Honestly, every single side in the division would have hammered us today. Plenty from the divisions below would have done likewise. I don’t even think Hamilton did anything particularly good today, they were just able to take the numerous chances they were gifted. Probably should have scored a few more tbh.

Absolutely embarrassing from everyone involved from Thistle today. I know we were missing half our squad, but it was still a completely unacceptable performance. I’m assuming the idea with Kevin Holt going up front was that he’d be a nuisance and win some headers, but it simply didn’t work. And even if it had, he’d have been winning headers to absolutely no one.

I’d be more than comfortable with Cammy Smith never playing for us again at this point. He wasn’t the main problem today - that honour goes to Sneddon, the defence and the management team - but it’s just another nothing performance from him.

Hopefully the guys who’ve dropped out aren’t out long, as the remaining lot will see us scraping fifth at best. 

Can’t argue with result today ,we deserved it and more .Sure,squad depleted and last minute changes before kickoff didn’t help but there was no fight in the team .Also disappointed by second half walk out by fans which didn’t help either .

Totally gutted after today.

We need to move on to Tuesday, at the start of the season we would have taken a playoff place.

Today's result has been coming, we need to regroup, Tuesday will be tough, Dunfermline looked good lat night.

As McCall said against Morton, we looked tired today or is there a problem in the dressing room ?

Injuries or Covid, we need players back, hopefully Tiff back next week.

Lets stick with the boys, we are Thistle 

The fans leaving 6 or 7 minutes into the second half was a bit disappointing ….and surprising I have to say. 

Didn’t expect to see that at Firhill no matter the performance.

whilst it was shite….there were at least some contributing factors.

onwards to Dunfermline on Tuesday….

We've played that poorly in spells before this season, but it's the first time this season I can remember a whole 90 minutes of such, sustained shite. 

We can now safely conclude that Alegria is not a footballer, and combined with packing four centre mids into the team and no full backs capable of going past the half way line, the 'nil' was blatantly obvious from very early in the game.

Our goalkeeper and defence may have been playing a 'concede the most ridiculous goal you possibly can' competition, but I hope that doesn't let Ross Docherty off the hook. His entire MO as a footballer is to perform the most basic midfield tasks to an at least passable level - he is demonstrably not managing even that and so we'd be aswell lumping in Darren Brady into our midfield with the captain's armband.

From what I remember of the first goal we were safe in possession after an attack of our own, until he needlessly takes the ball off the ground and plays a lazy ball back to the centre half who is immediately under pressure from the striker. He can't be blamed for Jamie Sneddon dropping the ball like an atlas stone afterwards, but he has some cheek berating anyone else on the field.

The arse is falling/has fallen out of our season and our best hope is now finishing the season in a less shan fashion than Raith Rovers. To have a good chance of doing that, we are completely dependent on Scott Tiffoney coming back - play him in a moon boot if need be.

1 hour ago, Barney Exactly said:

The fans leaving 6 or 7 minutes into the second half was a bit disappointing ….and surprising I have to say. 

Didn’t expect to see that at Firhill no matter the performance.

whilst it was shite….there were at least some contributing factors.

onwards to Dunfermline on Tuesday….

The only motivation for staying in the ground after the third goal was to give the team a deserved hounding for the rest of the match - there are about a million better things to be doing on a glorious, sunny day.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Oh dear McCall. Time to go?

Back to your usual tune now weve lost a couple games i see.

You said we wouldnt make the playoffs this season. We are currently 4th with a game in hand to potentially go 3rd.

If any Jag fan should be delighted with our showing this season it should be you since we're performing above your expectations. No?

Either that or youre a hypocrite. 

Which is it?

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Honestly, every single side in the division would have hammered us today. Plenty from the divisions below would have done likewise. I don’t even think Hamilton did anything particularly good today, they were just able to take the numerous chances they were gifted. Probably should have scored a few more tbh.

Absolutely embarrassing from everyone involved from Thistle today. I know we were missing half our squad, but it was still a completely unacceptable performance. I’m assuming the idea with Kevin Holt going up front was that he’d be a nuisance and win some headers, but it simply didn’t work. And even if it had, he’d have been winning headers to absolutely no one.

I’d be more than comfortable with Cammy Smith never playing for us again at this point. He wasn’t the main problem today - that honour goes to Sneddon, the defence and the management team - but it’s just another nothing performance from him.

Hopefully the guys who’ve dropped out aren’t out long, as the remaining lot will see us scraping fifth at best. 

That's it for me.  A really weird game where I don't really remember anything really happening, in like proper build-up or the like.  First goal just a below average passback that Sneddon decided to f**k up a good 300 times before it was squared. Second I'm not even sure there was a build-up, seems like Moyo just woke up with the ball at his feet like it was the Craggy Island tournament.  3rd was a snapshot from memory, from a corner maybe?  Then the fourth is another absolutely horrendous ball back.  And not meaning that to be disrespectful to Hamilton, they didn't need to be any good.  I could've probably scored today against them.  We all could.

Embarrassing is right.  Couldn't even muster the passion to get sent off correctly when there was the pathetic rammy late on.

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Back to your usual tune now weve lost a couple games i see.

You said we wouldnt make the playoffs this season. We are currently 4th with a game in hand to potentially go 3rd.

If any Jag fan should be delighted with our showing this season it should be you since we're performing above your expectations. No?

Either that or youre a hypocrite. 

Which is it?

I see that you are waving your usual boy fan McCall flag. McCall said that when he came in he would sort the balance of the team. He hasn't. We have been dreadful since the draw up at Caley. Since then, not one of our strikers have scored. There is a clear decline from earlier in the season. Any Thistle fan who didn't see this kind of result coming are either blind or sticking their fingers in their ears and singing" la la la". This all sits with McCall. We are lucky that Raith Rovers have hit the skids or the play offs would be gone now.

Im sort of bleaching the game out of my head, but it seemed like most of the time all of our players were either taking 4-5 touches and still struggling to control the ball or playing not just long balls, but low quality long balls, with allegria utterly ineffective with them. Accies players didnt seem to be quite as inept at trapping the damn ball and generally got it in fewer touches + when they knocked it forward did so into better areas with more players about to win the scraps.

Would swap you moyo for allegria in a heartbeat. Maybe we knew we were powderpuff up front sans graham (or rudden even, who might have done more with the shitty service/made better runs and given enough of an out ball - hard to replace but allegria is so far not cutting it) and couldnt play through accies at all which feeds into a disjointed mess.

End of the day from what i saw that team didnt even look like theyve ever had so much as a solitary training session together which is alarming at this stage...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

25 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I see that you are waving your usual boy fan McCall flag. McCall said that when he came in he would sort the balance of the team. He hasn't. We have been dreadful since the draw up at Caley. Since then, not one of our strikers have scored. There is a clear decline from earlier in the season. Any Thistle fan who didn't see this kind of result coming are either blind or sticking their fingers in their ears and singing" la la la". This all sits with McCall. We are lucky that Raith Rovers have hit the skids or the play offs would be gone now.

Who would you have as our manger?

If there is someone better let's get them in. But not someone who's temporarily fallen off the merry-go-round like Tommy Wright.

We've over achieved this year. McCall is due another crack at it I feel. 

23 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Who would you have as our manger?

If there is someone better let's get them in. But not someone who's temporarily fallen off the merry-go-round like Tommy Wright.

We've over achieved this year. McCall is due another crack at it I feel. 

My choice would be Stuart Petrie at Montrose, but I doubt he would take it. Could go out the box and try Brian Graham as player manager.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

You've not answer my point.

You said McCall wouldnt get this team into the playoffs. Yet we are currently in the playoff positions.

Which means McCall and the squad are exceeding your early season expectations.

Its fucking baffling to me that you seem to actively want McCall, and therefore Thistle, to fail just so you can prove your weird hatred right.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

You've not answer my point.

You said McCall wouldnt get this team into the playoffs. Yet we are currently in the playoff positions.

Which means McCall and the squad are exceeding your early season expectations.

Its fucking baffling to me that you seem to actively want McCall, and therefore Thistle, to fail just so you can prove your weird hatred right.

In the end I am not convinced we will make the play offs. Regards wanting them to fail. We'll that's just the thought of someone who can't see what's happening.  There is no hatred. I am just not a fan of McCall. I genuinely believe he is an average manager who hasn't got the capabilities to take Thistle further ghan the championship. As a previous poster has said, we have been here before with McCall. He can't finish anything. We are going backwards  under him.