Celtic v Ross County - Sat 19th Mar

Not hopeful of County getting anything from this one. Guess the longer it stays at 0-0 the more nervous Celtic will get. Would be fantastic to get a shock win, would make top 6 look very possible, doubt it though. 

A respectful 0-2 defeat I reckon, sadly not enough for top 6 with Hearts up next, then Aberdeen away after. 

I think we'll also just miss out on the top six, that's a tough run of final fixtures.

Celtic can start like a train, so the hope is to ride that as best we can. 

I'll hope for a backs to the wall 0-0 but don't see it. More likely 2 or 3 to nil.

Despite 3 wins on the bounce, the previous two games we've looked fairly blunt going forward. Defensively we've looked a whole lot tighter but we won't keep a clean sheet at Parkhead, which means we really really need Hungbo, RCC et al to be at their absolute best - even then there's a good chance it won't be enough.

Heart says draw, head says comfortable enough win for sellick.

Yeah we needed a goal 77 minutes into injury time up there just before Christmas to snatch a win with ten men after Carl Starfelt was sent off for being elbowed in the face, even the 3-0 at Celtic Park in September was not as comfortable as the scoreline suggests, it was 0-0 deep into the second half and two late strikes by Ajeti of all people gave the scoreline a flattering look. 

Will take any kind of win here given how we are in the home straight with little margin for error, a nervy 2-1 win to give us a wee cushion going into a huge match at Ibrox after the international break. 

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

I’m not as pessimistic as some. Celtic are better in attack than defence as are County. It’s probably more about desire on the day than anything else. I’m going for a County win, but not putting money on it.

County have conceded more goals than they've scored M8 plus Celtic have the best defence in the league.

19 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

County have conceded more goals than they've scored M8 plus Celtic have the best defence in the league.

True, we had a horrendous start to the season, first win against Dundee on 27 October, but since that time we’ve scored more than we’ve conceded. Of course we’re not favourites, but it took you a late, late goal to beat us last time. All I’m saying is that I’m not pessimistic and we have a chance.

15 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

True, we had a horrendous start to the season, first win against Dundee on 27 October, but since that time we’ve scored more than we’ve conceded. Of course we’re not favourites, but it took you a late, late goal to beat us last time. All I’m saying is that I’m not pessimistic and we have a chance.

There is always a chance M8,Celtic scored a late late goal with 10 men.
Malky has done a good job at County in a short period of time with all the changes from the start of the season.
Charles-Cook and Hungbo have been stand outs plus you have a decent player in the middle of the park in Paton.
County are always good for a goal but they still concede too many at least they don't park the bus should be a good game with plenty of goals.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

have a decent player in the middle of the park in Paton.

Still trying to solve the enigma of Harry Paton. He fits being an 8 more than a 6, but is utter pish in front of goal and is tactically too naive to be a deep lying playmaker. I think he's forever going to be one of those "decent but nobody can quite work out where he fits" players.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Still trying to solve the enigma of Harry Paton. He fits being an 8 more than a 6, but is utter pish in front of goal and is tactically too naive to be a deep lying playmaker. I think he's forever going to be one of those "decent but nobody can quite work out where he fits" players.

This is probably why you guys lose too many goals the balance isn't right,Paton is an 8 so you need a Gogic type to protect the back 4 or 3.
Callachan gets the goals from the midfield but it's hard to fit both in at the same time.
I wouldn't say naive  Paton and Callachan are forward thinkers helping the attacks leaving the back door exposed but makes for entertaining football.
Celtic have a similar problem with McGregor hate him in the number 6 roll with Turnbull back in the 8. 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is probably why you guys lose too many goals the balance isn't right,Paton is an 8 so you need a Gogic type to protect the back 4 or 3.
Callachan gets the goals from the midfield but it's hard to fit both in at the same time.
I wouldn't say naive  Paton and Callachan are forward thinkers helping the attacks leaving the back door exposed but makes for entertaining football.
Celtic have a similar problem with McGregor hate him in the number 6 roll with Turnbull back in the 8. 

The problem with Paton at #8 is that Spittal is better than him in that role, so Malky's tried to shoehorn him in there. Nobody better there yet, Tilson does the Gogic job and is alright at it.

No County commentary, Might have to mute this.