The Top Six Crunch

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Hopefully Ross County make Europe.

Oddly enough Ross County are the only Premiership team never to have played in Europe. After them you have to go to the likes of Ayr, Hamilton and the part-timer teams (plus Queen's Park).

Oddly enough Ross County are the only Premiership team never to have played in Europe. After them you have to go to the likes of Ayr, Hamilton and the part-timer teams (plus Queen's Park).

I quite like the idea of people on the other end of the continent getting excited about qualifying for Europe and the having to Google “Ross County” and then googling “Dingwall” and then assuming they’ve made a mistake

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I quite like the idea of people on the other end of the continent getting excited about qualifying for Europe and the having to Google “Ross County” and then googling “Dingwall” and then assuming they’ve made a mistake

The fans spilling out the Kazakhstan bus into the Wimpy.

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

“They’ll be dancing in the streets of Ross” vibe.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

We should be at home to Hibs, Livingston and Dundee, away to Aberdeen and the Saintees.

We're due everyone away, except St Johnstone. 

In fact, assuming I've got things right, the bottom 6 is interesting in that it's only Dundee and St Johnstone that have an imbalance as it stands* - Dundee need 2 home games and only have 1, while St Johnstone also need 2 home games but have 3.

My guess is they'll fix it using one of the teams that would be due to play Dundee at home and St Johnstone away - which is any of the other four except Livingston.

For example, if they send Aberdeen to Dens for a third time and St Johnstone to Pittodrie for a third time, it balances things out, while keeping things "right" for the other half of the bottom 6.

*Come to think of it, the way this whole system works suggests this is mirrored in the top 6.

We're due everyone away, except St Johnstone. 
In fact, assuming I've got things right, the bottom 6 is interesting in that it's only Dundee and St Johnstone that have an imbalance as it stands* - Dundee need 2 home games and only have 1, while St Johnstone also need 2 home games but have 3.
My guess is they'll fix it using one of the teams that would be due to play Dundee at home and St Johnstone away - which is any of the other four except Livingston.
For example, if they send Aberdeen to Dens for a third time and St Johnstone to Pittodrie for a third time, it balances things out, while keeping things "right" for the other half of the bottom 6.

*Come to think of it, the way this whole system works suggests this is mirrored in the top 6.

Have you figured out the imbalance that needs fixed for the top 6

I can see that Celtic, Motherwell and Ross County are due 3 home games but what would they need to change?

I suspect the answer is that Hearts vs Ross County is going to be switched to Dingwall

But I’m not certain

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Have you figured out the imbalance that needs fixed for the top 6

I can see that Celtic, Motherwell and Ross County are due 3 home games but what would they need to change?

I suspect the answer is that Hearts vs Ross County is going to be switched to Dingwall

But I’m not certain

Actually Motherwell are due 2 home games but are scheduled to have 3. Same with hearts.

Dundee United are due 3 home games but only have 1 scheduled. The rest are all fine (same games home and away scheduled and expected). So the simple Answer is that Motherwell and Hearts will both go to Tannadice for a 3rd time to reach that 19-19 home and away games.

Here is a nice visual representation that I found on twitter.

20220409_215050.thumb.jpg.e8df0c540a98b1041aa3ec40d5e98cdf.jpg

Actually Motherwell are due 2 home games but are scheduled to have 3. Same with hearts.
Dundee United are due 3 home games but only have 1 scheduled. The rest are all fine (same games home and away scheduled and expected). So the simple Answer is that Motherwell and Hearts will both go to Tannadice for a 3rd time to reach that 19-19 home and away games.

Thanks
I knew someone out there must have done the work already

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

So, outwith the arse cheeks we will have Hearts and Motherwell at Tannadice and will travel to Dingwall.  Can live with that.

Ii only took this off twitter and tried to fact check it so it could still be wrong. Also, I'm notbsure how the bottom 6 is impected but I woudl assume there will be 3 reams with 16-17 and 3 teams with 17-16 so there shouldn't be any issues in reaching the 19-19 for each side.

So, outwith the arse cheeks we will have Hearts and Motherwell at Tannadice and will travel to Dingwall.  Can live with that.

We’d get Rangers and Ross County at home

But given that we’re 16 points clear in both directions I don’t care if we play them on the moon

34 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We’d get Rangers and Ross County at home

But given that we’re 16 points clear in both directions I don’t care if we play them on the moon

Aye but there wouldn’t be any atmosphere.

Thinking back to the early part of the season where OF, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Utd were all in the Top 6 and there were was a heavy "FINALLY! Things are back to *Normal*!" energy in the media. 

I wonder if the Top 6 has ever been made up of the ageing hacks ideal line-up? (I'm guessing not)