The Top Six Crunch

After St Johnstones display today,and a referrees decision that was out of this world.Wait till you see the pen denied to Livi.All thats wrong with Scottish football.Qatar beckons.Wonder how many Scottish officials will be there.No need to pack your bags boys,if today is anything to go by.And there were two of them in Perth today.Shocking and unprofessional at best.

On 15/03/2022 at 09:55, The Other Foot said:

I think it will be: 

4 - Livingston

5 - Motherwell

6 - Hibs

Hibs' remaining fixtures are tricky, with Well and Livvy having slightly easier runs. I really feel for County - they've done so well to get to this position, but have a right scunner of a fixture list left to go. 

You laughed because I put Motherwell in the top 6. It appears you should have been laughing harder that I put Hibs there. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a possibility that both Hibs and Aberdeen will end up in the bottom six.  That would be funny.

Of course we could end up there.  Less funny imo.

At least we might get another win before the end of the season when we get in the bottom 6. Every cloud etc

Our hopeless set-piece defending at Dens means it's out of our hands, but still is a surprisingly better situation than most of us imagined it would be when the final whistle went after the sickener of losing the late equaliser, ahead of finding out results elsewhere.

Will Hearts be motivated enough not to let Hibs win at Tynecastle?

Can we stop drawing 1-1 with Ross County and actually win a game that matters?

Saturday will be interesting.  Curious to see the Embra/Dundee derbies have both been overlooked for live TV coverage in favour of a meaningless looking match between Smurn and Sevco.  Maybe it's worked out fairer that all the protagonists in the glob kick off simultaneously.

Edited by tarapoa

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

A draw between Aberdeen and County would be lovely thanks. It would mean Motherwell could potentially get top 6 even if they lose at Livi. Would need Hibs to lose at Hearts and St. Mirren to lose at home to Rangers as well but they're not beyond the realms of possibility.

Even if we were to lose 1-0 to Livi then St Mirren would still need to beat Rangers by 3 to get above us. At a push they may get a draw, but if they defend like they did v us then Rangers will win. Especially with the motivation after losing to Celtic. 

It certainly should be an exciting day on Saturday. Now that we are sitting 5th I would like us to finish there at least for the hope of European football. That means 3 points would be massive. The teams that finish in 4th, 5th and 6th are unlikely to pick up more than 4,5,6 points post split. So a win would go a long way to helping secure Euro football. 

My gut feel is it will be a scoring draw. Which means as long as Hibs don’t beat Hearts we should be top 6 regardless what happens in County / Aberdeen game. 

Could be shite, but someone said the permutations for us are - 

• If we win (stop giggling at the back) we're in the top 6.
  • If we draw we need Ross County v Aberdeen to be a draw.
  • If we lose by one or two, we need Ross County v Aberdeen to be a draw plus both of Livingston and St Mirren not to win.

All seems highly likely

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF

Might as well ask all of our fans not to step on any cracks in the pavement en route to tynecastle, throw a double 6 four times on the trot and wear the lucky socks.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

As long as we win, and the Bigot brothers lose, but not by enough for St Mirren to sneak into the Top 6, that will be fine with me

Mate , there's zero chance of us in the top six , we must be shorter odds to be in the top six in the Championship next season !

Just now, billyg said:

Mate , there's zero chance of us in the top six , we must be shorter odds to be in the top six in the Championship next season !

True, but the hilarity of you horsing Rangers 13-0 and still missing out by a goal or two would be totally worth it

For County:

If we draw we need Motherwell to beat Livi, Hearts to beat Hibs by four and St Mirren to lose.

If we win we need United to lose or Hibs to drop points or Motherwell to lose by the same margin we win by to remain above Livi.  If two of the outcomes above happen we will qualify with any win.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

True, but the hilarity of you horsing Rangers 13-0 and still missing out by a goal or two would be totally worth it

Need to start a “alcohol and posting” thread.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Loki said:

For County:

If we draw we need Motherwell to beat Livi, Hearts to beat Hibs by four and St Mirren to lose.

If we win we need United to lose or Hibs to drop points or Motherwell to lose by the same margin we win by to remain above Livi.  If two of the outcomes above happen we will qualify with any win.

Well we'll give it a bash

Time to bump this thread.

As a place to talk in general about who is in and out as the afternoon unfolds and who finishes top 6 come 16:55. And of course who misses out (as well as St Mirren 😛). 

I have a feeling we will miss out. Just a hunch. Hope I am wrong of course. 

So as things stand Dundee United, Livi and Hibs are in.

Motherwell have reverted to type. In other words - complete shite and conceding a goal with 1st shot on target even if Livi deserve to be winning.

As things stand.  If Hearts could win then Motherwell could still qualify assuming County and Aberdeen ends a draw.  I suspect someone will score in that game and if so need it to be Aberdeen so that an unlikely draw for Motherwell would also do it.

Big 45 minutes ahead for Graeme Alexander.