The Top Six Crunch

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

bc25b754f4af39240a2f87c79ff0f29e.jpg

Is that the odds for simply being in the top 6 at the split?

Surprised Hibs are the shortest odds of the lot, seeing as they’re in poor form and they’ve got two tough fixtures left.  Arguably the toughest fixtures of all the contenders.  Apart from County obviously who have to visit Fortress Pittodrie, where the Dons have never lost under Goodwin.

Is that the odds for simply being in the top 6 at the split?
Surprised Hibs are the shortest odds of the lot, seeing as they’re in poor form and they’ve got two tough fixtures left.  Arguably the toughest fixtures of all the contenders.  Apart from County obviously who have to visit Fortress Pittodrie, where the Dons have never lost under Goodwin.

Yes that’s odds on top 6 finish

They’ve shifted a little bit since then. Dundee United are basically unbackable

Latest prices will be at

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/scottish-premiership/top-6-finish

The weegia were speculating on this in the pullout of a downmarket tabloid I happened to glance at on Monday.

The perceived notion is that Aberdeen have been so bad, that it would be a travesty it we ended up in the top half.

This of course despite the huge game-changing refereeing calls being something like 8-2 against us in the 'these things even themselves out over a season' stakes - and us having been denied another 6-10 pts due to that.

This makes me really want to somehow squeeze in there - but it's really more for the reason that everyone except 6th is likely in Europe, and we have never yet had the indignity of these Betfred groups.

I think the Goodwin juggernaut is starting to pick up steam, and I'm relatively confident of 6 points from Dens and County at home...........but also feel we're due a weekend of other results being unkind to us, as other than late winners for Smurn at Dens and Yinitit at Paisley, we have somehow managed to hang in due to lots of other favourable results elsewhere in the last month or so.

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The weegia were speculating on this in the pullout of a downmarket tabloid I happened to glance at on Monday.

The perceived notion is that Aberdeen have been so bad, that it would be a travesty it we ended up in the top half.

This of course despite the huge game-changing refereeing calls being something like 8-2 against us in the 'these things even themselves out over a season' stakes - and us having been denied another 6-10 pts due to that.

This makes me really want to somehow squeeze in there - but it's really more for the reason that everyone except 6th is likely in Europe, and we have never yet had the indignity of these Betfred groups.

I think the Goodwin juggernaut is starting to pick up steam, and I'm relatively confident of 6 points from Dens and County at home...........but also feel we're due a weekend of other results being unkind to us, as other than late winners for Smurn at Dens and Yinitit at Paisley, we have somehow managed to hang in due to lots of other favourable results elsewhere in the last month or so.

Didn't realise I'd stumbled onto the Celtic thread.

My mistake.

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Didn't realise I'd stumbled onto the Celtic thread.

My mistake.

Just give us VAR - and ensure our 'Stockley Park' doesn't end up being Larkhall or the likes......

42 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Oh my.

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bgpzrefdl29xr8x8hgcf

8 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

So with 5 games to go you could be in either sixth or seventh place ? Big wow ! It really doesn't matter. This split garbage is nonsense now, will be nonsense tomorrow and is nonsense forever. 

You know that you can't qualify for Europe from the bottom half right? 

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

So with 5 games to go you could be in either sixth or seventh place ? Big wow ! It really doesn't matter. This split garbage is nonsense now, will be nonsense tomorrow and is nonsense forever. 

It means a lot in terms of money to be made in big games.  I don't think we will make top six and that means losing a derby (sell out) and a visit of the ****. 

5 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Which is still the case without a split....but without it  the dream is still open to all (within arithmetical reason). The Split - the 11plus of Scottish football !!!

Erm, yes, but there is a split. 

I've just realised that you were complaining about the league format rather than people being concerned about where they might finish. 

It's how the league works. I quite like it. Not going to get agitated about defending it though. 

The split, whilst not perfect, is great - ideally leagues should be all about minimising dead rubbers for as long as possible, whilst still ensuring fairness.

The suggestion on the other thread of using the extra Euro slot to allow 7th place some kind of play-off against 6th and 5th isn't the worst - I know the Dutch do this successfully.

Being on the wrong end of the split, but well clear of relegation, is pretty much season over and this could address that.

23 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The split, whilst not perfect, is great - ideally leagues should be all about minimising dead rubbers for as long as possible, whilst still ensuring fairness.

The suggestion on the other thread of using the extra Euro slot to allow 7th place some kind of play-off against 6th and 5th isn't the worst - I know the Dutch do this successfully.

Being on the wrong end of the split, but well clear of relegation, is pretty much season over and this could address that.

I concur. A playoff for the 5th Europe spot would be fantastic.

Well that’s it confirmed now. Anderson missing the final 8 games of the season. We were a bit toothless without him against Hearts  last weekend and it would seem to be stating the obvious that we will be less competitive for a top 6 spot now. Baws.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bruce-andersons-injury-likely-see-26539151.amp

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Well that’s it confirmed now. Anderson missing the final 8 games of the season. We were a bit toothless without him against Hearts  last weekend and it would seem to be stating the obvious that we will be less competitive for a top 6 spot now. Baws.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/bruce-andersons-injury-likely-see-26539151.amp

Soto's big chance  IMO

6 hours ago, crispy said:

Thats a huge blow to our top six aspirations. Not sure if the other forwards are good enough to carry us over the line.At least we have that cushion over those below us,which was the objective in the first place.But so frustrating.