Saints vs Dundee Utd. - Sat 19th...

Couldn't see what the red was for tbh.

On added time, the red card went from something like 88-91 mins, then they announced 4 mins added time. Commentators then pointed out more would be added when st mirren replacement goalie was fannying about for a goal kick and had to go further back to retake and had wasted about 30s over all.

(no surprise why saints were trying to be as slow as they could at that point obv)

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s fair but we all know goalkeepers aren’t treated by officials in the same way outfield players are. I can remember Boruc at the old Love Street fly kicking Craig Dargo in the upper midrift and Collum deciding it was only worth a yellow. There is numerous other examples. From the one replay I’ve seen so far it didn’t seem to be a dangerous or malicious challenge, but willing to stand corrected when I see it again. 

Colum’s yellow card on Boruc was beyond incompetence.  

Perhaps one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen at a football match.   

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Colum’s yellow card on Boruc was beyond incompetence.  

Perhaps one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen at a football match.   

Yes it’s one I regularly bring up when Celtic fans claim to be hard done to by refereeing decisions, which is often. Not only was it a chest high tackle, it occurred near the half way line with no covering defenders and an empty net behind him. Reckless, endangering an opponent and denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity the only red card offences committed, so no surprise Collum seen fit to deal with it by way of a yellow. 

Robinson has cost us our top 6 place. I hear he was arguing with fans in the stand. I wonder if he was trying to explain why subbing off Henderson and Brophy made sense.  Baffling. 

Certainly can’t argue with the result, Utd seemed to be the only team who understood this was a must win game. 

United were much better in the second half anyway but Robinson killed our chances of getting back into that with the double sub and change to a back 3/5. Henderson and Tait had been our best two players at that point IMO and he takes one off and shunts the other even more out of position. No idea what he was thinking there.