Saints vs Dundee Utd. - Sat 19th...

And there is the winner in the 96th minute. f**k sake St Mirren. 

One complaint would be how we got to the 96th minute when only 4 was added. Ho hum still deserved to lose.

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I missed that in real time and only seen the replay once, but did Alnwick actually do anything that merited a red card there? It looked like he sort of barged the United player after the ball was dead, but willing to stand corrected. 

Little bit harsh but, no, the ball wasn't dead or anywhere near dead.

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I missed that in real time and only seen the replay once, but did Alnwick actually do anything that merited a red card there? It looked like he sort of barged the United player after the ball was dead, but willing to stand corrected. 

Not a chance it was a red card. Its a terrible decision. 

Dundee Utd deserved the 3 points though. We didn't deal with the changes, thought our subs were awful. 

We deserved nothing from the game after that 2nd half performance. Baffling subs once again from Robinson. Subs from Dundee Utd fixed their first half problems and he had no response.

Feel sorry for Henderson. Scores a top goal in the first half, and bosses the right midfield. A great individual performance from the young lad.

Haven't seen Alnwicks red yet but I honestly don't think it was a turning point - we offered nothing.

On 15/03/2022 at 19:41, Granny Danger said:

When you look at the other fixtures this weekend a point might just bump us up a spot.  

And the other fixtures did go our way.  Plus the Fermers pulling away from the Fun!  Happy days.

From the back of the goal looks like Watt fouled a Saints player before the coming together with Alnwick.  

He then went to get back up before seeing the red and realising he’d better make a bit more of it.  

No chance that won’t be overturned unless there’s an angle showing something else.  

11 minutes ago, Lex said:

One complaint would be how we got to the 96th minute when only 4 was added. Ho hum still deserved to lose.

Did they say 4 minutes?

There was no commentary on the game for the last 10 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

From the back of the goal looks like Watt fouled a Saints player before the coming together with Alnwick.  

He then went to get back up before seeing the red and realising he’d better make a bit more of it.  

No chance that won’t be overturned unless there’s an angle showing something else.  

Yeah pretty clear shove just before it. Strange red card but not sure it had a massive impact on the result.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I mean if you are an outfield player challenging for the ball with your knee at chest height I'd expect a red every time. 

That’s fair but we all know goalkeepers aren’t treated by officials in the same way outfield players are. I can remember Boruc at the old Love Street fly kicking Craig Dargo in the upper midrift and Collum deciding it was only worth a yellow. There is numerous other examples. From the one replay I’ve seen so far it didn’t seem to be a dangerous or malicious challenge, but willing to stand corrected when I see it again.