Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

13 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Being physical is one thing - I’d have expected no less after last week and I’ve watched hearts players put in bad challenges and be physical over the years.   but I think yesterday was the first time I’ve watched a game and thought players are going out to deliberately hurt someone.  

Indeed.  Just watched the highlights and Hibs were so agricultural that the game should have been played at Ingliston rather than Hampden...

Hibs absolutely played on the edge and honestly were lucky to finish with 10 men. However your pearl clutching, holier than thou attitude about it is a bit much. Have watched Hibs for 40 years and have seen Hearts win a derby or ten with much worse play. 

“Acceptable in the ‘80s”

The kind of shit that John Coulquhoun or, for that matter, Mickey Weir dealt with would get the SPFL a tv deal with the horror channel today

That said “on the edge” is something of an understatement even if “disgrace to the game” is an exaggeration

It wasn’t long ago that Harry Cochrane tried to kick John McGinn into the water of Leith or John Souttar tried to take Brandon Barkers legs off in derbys gone by and these tackles were celebrated by Hearts fans everywhere, gifs being made, slowed down, replayed.

13C126D5-C654-4168-BBB4-2AF8A21BB265.png.85db4e5ded453de58b6b9a0069af0e86.png

1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

It wasn’t long ago that Harry Cochrane tried to kick John McGinn into the water of Leith or John Souttar tried to take Brandon Barkers legs off in derbys gone by and these tackles were celebrated by Hearts fans everywhere, gifs being made, slowed down, replayed.

13C126D5-C654-4168-BBB4-2AF8A21BB265.png.85db4e5ded453de58b6b9a0069af0e86.png

Souttar played the ball. Cochrane was a daft wee laddie and Mcginn seen it a mile off. 

There's a difference between being robust and getting stuck in and just being stupid and reckless. Maloney said he asked his players to play on the edge, they did and it cost you the game imo or certainly leaving Newell on the park did. 

47 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Souttar played the ball. Cochrane was a daft wee laddie and Mcginn seen it a mile off. 

There's a difference between being robust and getting stuck in and just being stupid and reckless. Maloney said he asked his players to play on the edge, they did and it cost you the game imo or certainly leaving Newell on the park did. 

The nature of the tackles isn’t the point, the fact your support were celebrating them hurting Hibs players like they were goals but are now going crying to everyone when you get a bit back.

It’s pleasing to see.

50 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The nature of the tackles isn’t the point, the fact your support were celebrating them hurting Hibs players like they were goals but are now going crying to everyone when you get a bit back.

It’s pleasing to see.

That's the spirit. ^_^

Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

It’s pleasing to see.

Beating hibs to put them into the bottom 6 was pleasing to see. Beating hibs in the semi final was pleasing to see. If a couple of posts on a daft message board help you get through the night then I'm pleased to see that too 

It’s pleasing to see.

To be honest I was just trying to set up a cheap gag about your manager wearing tiny shoes.

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

After all the overblown outrage and contrived defence of Maloney's "shameful"/"on the edge" choice of tactics a change in perspective shows what was really happening

That was a desperate last throw of the dice that didn't come off

Desperate tactics from a desperate man. Delighted on one hand and disappointed on the other.. will cost hibs a fair few Bob.  That’s 2 former managers on the payroll

On 18/04/2022 at 11:01, Les Cabbage said:

It’s pleasing to see.

Pleasing 😂

After the week you've had I'm pleased you found something to be pleased about 😂