Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

12 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

As a Motherwell fan hoping we can somehow sneak into Europe I wish Hearts all the best today 😅

Get in Jambos! Well done! Hope you beat whichever cheek of the OF arse you get. With that said, I now hope you'll have an eye on the final when you come to Fir Park on the 11th of May and play your reserves 😂

Honestly, all the best in the final and smash whatever ugly sister you have to play.

1 hour ago, DaveMackay56 said:

if that’s your measure your team would have been down to 6.  

You won man, stop greetin like a tit.  First ever time we have launched ourselves into doing a hearts, you win and still moan.

25 years of kicking the shit out us and no giving a pish about flair.  Why grumble?   Probably because you know Hibs are rotten and still were the better side even down to ten today.  Maloney hasn't a clue, Hearts 3rd and had to resort to time wasting and cheating against us, who are rank. 

Decent display though, we heard before you boys don't like that kind of stuff?  

Aye, I'm not getting my nat king tonight either.  Been that kind of day.

Happy Easter. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

So, do we need to beat them at Hampden again or are they going to pack it in now?

FFFFUUUUCCCKKKIIINNNGGG YYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!

I like you VG.  For decent c***s like you I hope you've had a decent afternoon. 

5 hours ago, DaveMackay56 said:

yep just watched it back and it just confirmed my initial thoughts. Hibernian should be ashamed of that today. Hammer throwers facilitated by an incompetent ref.. lucky to finish with 10 a should have finished with 8

I read how hibs were good, we weren’t at our best but we still created and missed the best chances.. we were flagged offside twice when clean through and were definitely not offside.. and the the one where sims was clean through and that hammer thrower Porteous pushed him and fell to the ground. 

Total joke 

Being criticised for physical play by a Hearts fan is like being told off for bigotry by a Rangers or Celtic fan.  Dearie me. 

14 hours ago, Mr. X said:

We sold out our initial allocation from the SFA. We had to ask for more tickets. Unlike Hibs season ticket holders, we were only entitled to 1 ticket each in the initial phase. That meant family groups for season ticket holders was impossible without having to attempt to re-sell purchased tickets, and/or taking taking tickets in far less desirable areas.   

Hibs failed miserably to sell out their initial allocation from the SFA.

Maybe Hibs' family groups don't get on with each other?

We were poor for a large part of the game but there's no doubt the changed we were forced into affected us.

Gordon made one great save, apart from that for all Hibs huffing and puffing they created nothing. I think if we hold on for 5 minutes after the 2nd goal we would have won comfortably,  but Sibbick has has a shocker and it was nervier than it should've been. Boyce missed an absolute sitter as well, woul normally bank on him tucking that away.

All in all, not at our best but I don't think Hibs created enough to feel hard done by. 

9 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

You won man, stop greetin like a tit.  First ever time we have launched ourselves into doing a hearts, you win and still moan.

25 years of kicking the shit out us and no giving a pish about flair.  Why grumble?   Probably because you know Hibs are rotten and still were the better side even down to ten today.  Maloney hasn't a clue, Hearts 3rd and had to resort to time wasting and cheating against us, who are rank. 

Decent display though, we heard before you boys don't like that kind of stuff?  

Aye, I'm not getting my nat king tonight either.  Been that kind of day.

Happy Easter. 

Being physical is one thing - I’d have expected no less after last week and I’ve watched hearts players put in bad challenges and be physical over the years.   but I think yesterday was the first time I’ve watched a game and thought players are going out to deliberately hurt someone.  

I think you think the same tbh..

Happy Easter 👍🏻

7 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Being criticised for physical play by a Hearts fan is like being told off for bigotry by a Rangers or Celtic fan.  Dearie me. 

Clearly your understanding of physical play is up their with your understanding. Leg breaking challenges is not being physical. 

29 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were poor for a large part of the game but there's no doubt the changed we were forced into affected us.

Gordon made one great save, apart from that for all Hibs huffing and puffing they created nothing. I think if we hold on for 5 minutes after the 2nd goal we would have won comfortably,  but Sibbick has has a shocker and it was nervier than it should've been. Boyce missed an absolute sitter as well, woul normally bank on him tucking that away.

All in all, not at our best but I don't think Hibs created enough to feel hard done by. 

Never felt that we got going at all. Two great goals from nowhere, but we never got into any kind of pattern of performance.

In fairness, there's a lot of the core missing with Souttar, Devlin, Beningime and even Smith all not starting while Halliday clearly wasn't fit and then we lost him and Halkett. So, it's perhaps not surprising that we seat-of-the-pantsed it. Looked completely disjointed.

But who fucking cares? It's a semi-final and you just win. Can't wait for the final.

Also, imagine if someone had told you back in 2006 that we'd play Hibs four times at Hampden in the next couple of decades and scud them every time? 😀

13-3. Not bad going.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Hibs had more of the ball but ultimately Gordon had very little to do. One cracking save from the Porteous header and the goal. Any other saves were relatively routine. Felt like Hibs could have played on for another week and not got a second goal. 

The team are really unbalanced, no runners getting beyond Scott and a lack of runners from midfield getting into the box for crosses. Cadden and Clarke were our best attacking outlets but as they’re playing as wingbacks it means they couldn’t push far enough forward. 

Maloney subbing off Stevenson for Campbell was madness. Bringing on 2 creative players on 90 minutes whilst a goal down was also another strange decision, far too late. Melkerson was on too late as well.

Would happily see Newell get binned for that sending off. Unforgivable. 

When you've seen us stick fours and fives past them through there, while that was still a top day out it was also somewhat partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Big, physical Hibs as ever go home with the moral victory. The way the match panned out means the Hibs Cathro will get the summer and next season to do maximum damage. Absolutely hilarious, glorious stuff.

Third-place in the Prem, a free hit in the Scottish Cup Final, and a proper European tour and the guaranteed millions all in the bag. Also glorious. Enjoy the bottom six, guys.

21 hours ago, Lex said:

Loads of empty seats in their end so it doesn’t look like it.
Good goal there right enough.

16 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Sold Out?

I took this in the 2nd half.....................

image.thumb.png.4d2cb6ac547d30a79ccd63ca86011e1e.png

16 hours ago, Aim Here said:

There were entire upper tier sections devoid of Jambos in the South, presumably you weren't in a position to get a picture of those.

16 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Not clinging to anything son, see mine above I think Hearts deserved to win.

You didnt sell out though, unless those pesky scamps from the SFA withheld a whole load of tickets................which is rather unlikely, wouldnt you say?

🥴🥴🥴

Hertz can't sell debenture tickets in the middle of the south upper if they're not given to us, lads. Nor the shan views down the bottom behind the goals, that for whatever reason have often been kept empty for years now, going back to previous cup finals and even the Scotland game against England.

13 hours ago, DC92 said:

Dear lord, what a sad little life.

"With all due respect, there's nothing Hearts should be celebrating because their second half performance was nothing short of really embarrassing"

Screenshot_20220417-101951.png