Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

Hibs were an utter disgrace today. Their only apparent tactic to injure as many players as possible. Should have finished the game with 8 men and I’m being generous.

bar some horrendous finishing and unbelievably bad offside calls this would have been very comfortable.

2 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Fixed.   A proper chance to scud us and second best all over the pitch and we are shite with ten men.

Gordons saved Robbies job, again. 

The only reason we didn't scud you was Toby Sibbick.

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hoose rice does, apparently they were dominant

Lol. They created nothing.  Industrial but zero talent. 

There were exactly 3 times we were clean away and flagged offside by lineman trying to keep it close.

hibs have 2/3 horrible dirty players in that side.  

4 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Lol. They created nothing.  Industrial but zero talent. 

There were exactly 3 times we were clean away and flagged offside by lineman trying to keep it close.

hibs have 2/3 horrible dirty players in that side.  

You must have missed our goal, the world class save Gordon made and the sitter at the end when even down to ten the better team, hearts resorted to time wasting and play acting against the wee team down to ten :lol: 

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hoose rice does, apparently they were dominant

Yes.  When brought back to 2-1 Hibernian were the better side even when down to ten men.  Ultimately it means little when the result doesn't go for us but to say otherwise is blinkered.  

Too great goals and a world class save won Hearts the tie.  I wouldn't say it was deserved though. 

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Sold Out?

I took this in the 2nd half.....................

image.thumb.png.4d2cb6ac547d30a79ccd63ca86011e1e.png

You cling to your wee picture.

It must almost feel like winning a derby at Hampden eh? ^_^

4 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes.  When brought back to 2-1 Hibernian were the better side even when down to ten men.  Ultimately it means little when the result doesn't go for us but to say otherwise is blinkered.  

Too great goals and a world class save won Hearts the tie.  I wouldn't say it was deserved though. 

If you put the ball in the net more times than your opponent then you deserve to win.

Fair play to the Hearts. It couldn't have been easy holding their own when being kicked around and battered senseless by ten giant, villanous thugs of the likes of Lewis Stevenson and Elias Melkerson, but despite their many casualties and broken and lost limbs, they managed to hang on to their one goal lead.

Congratulations to the surviving members of the Hearts team, and good luck in the final!

article-2419814-1BCB0733000005DC-203_964x492.jpg.fb86ee2c058a21bc4711dbb4cbae56f1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

When brought back to 2-1 Hibernian were the better side even when down to ten men.  Ultimately it means little when the result doesn't go for us but to say otherwise is blinkered.  

Cant disagree too much with that post, however ultimately - imo - the scarf twirlers did deserve to win.

They have more potent attacking players, and although we huffed and puffed and gave us a lot to sing about in the 2nd half we just couldnt make enough solid chances (the one good save from Gordon aside).

For me, we need a fair bit of change in the entire football dept - a bit like Hearts did when they emptied Levein?

People saying we just need to empty Maloney are missing that our recruitment has been dreadful (and you only need to look at Hearts strikers to see what a good Head of Recruitment finds) for a long time and we simply dont have strong enough players for this level.

Off to hit the drinks cabinet now.......the bowling club double rounds have well and truly worn off.

8 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

You cling to your wee picture.

Not clinging to anything son, see mine above I think Hearts deserved to win.

You didnt sell out though, unless those pesky scamps from the SFA withheld a whole load of tickets................which is rather unlikely, wouldnt you say?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Cant disagree too much with that post, however ultimately - imo - the scarf twirlers did deserve to win.

They have more potent attacking players, and although we huffed and puffed and gave us a lot to sing about in the 2nd half we just couldnt make enough solid chances (the one good save from Gordon aside).

For me, we need a fair bit of change in the entire football dept - a bit like Hearts did when they emptied Levein?

People saying we just need to empty Maloney are missing that our recruitment has been dreadful (and you only need to look at Hearts strikers to see what a good Head of Recruitment finds) for a long time and we simply dont have strong enough players for this level.

Off to hit the drinks cabinet now.......the bowling club double rounds have well and truly worn off.

I did think they were more dangerous when their players latched onto a hoof and I suppose they played the game out and are in the final.  We didn't do enough to win either.

I agree with the rest.  It's a complete jumble sale at the moment.  Making it up as they go along hoping a player will come good to probably sell in 2 years or a team will shape.

Take it easy mate.  

7 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Fair play to the Hearts. It couldn't have been easy holding their own when being kicked around and battered senseless by ten giant, villanous thugs of the likes of Lewis Stevenson and Elias Melkerson, but despite their many casualties and broken and lost limbs, they managed to hang on to their one goal lead.

Congratulations to the surviving members of the Hearts team, and good luck in the final!

article-2419814-1BCB0733000005DC-203_964x492.jpg.fb86ee2c058a21bc4711dbb4cbae56f1.jpg

Same old Hertz, losing the battle but winning the war.