Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

31 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Delighted to have clinched 3rd place last week, and to secure a cup final place today. 

Delighted.

That's you guaranteed European football until December 2022 and maybe a good £5m+ financial payout 

I’d be intrigued to know why it shouldn’t have been a red for Campbell.

There is absolutely no requirement for contact to be made with the studs for a challenge to be considered serious foul play.

The test is if the tackle endangers an opponent. Even if they don’t end up hurting them, that tackle definitely endangered an opponent.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I’d be intrigued to know why it shouldn’t have been a red for Campbell.

There is absolutely no requirement for contact to be made with the studs for a challenge to be considered serious foul play.

The test is if the tackle endangers an opponent. Even if they don’t end up hurting them, that tackle definitely endangered an opponent.

How can it be serious foul play when there was no foul on the player as he wasn't touched at all?  

Any explanation how brother beaton can give a foul for an off the ball push but it doesn't merit a yellow? 

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

How can it be serious foul play when there was no foul on the player as he wasn't touched at all?  

Any explanation how brother beaton can give a foul for an off the ball push but it doesn't merit a yellow? 

If a player swings a punch but misses is it not violent conduct because they never made contact?

That should’ve been a second yellow. No qualms with that, I called out Moore at the time.

Just now, AJF said:

If a player swings a punch but misses is it not violent conduct because they never made contact?

That should’ve been a second yellow. No qualms with that, I called out Moore at the time.

Yes that would be violent conduct though.  You can't give serious foul play against someone who makes no contact with the opposition.  It's why it's yellow.  Any contact at all even the slightest it's a red card.  Shouldn't the Hearts player be booked for rolling around cheating on the ground when he wasn't touched? :lol: 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes that would be violent conduct though.  You can't give serious foul play against someone who makes no contact with the opposition.  It's why it's yellow.  Any contact at all even the slightest it's a red card.  Shouldn't the Hearts player be booked for rolling around cheating on the ground when he wasn't touched? :lol: 

He is still endangering the opponent though with his tackle which is serious foul play. That’s the test on whether it’s a red or not. If I recall correctly he did make contact with him, just not with his studs. It’s still endangering an opponent though.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

He is still endangering the opponent though with his tackle which is serious foul play. That’s the test on whether it’s a red or not. If I recall correctly he did make contact with him, just not with his studs. It’s still endangering an opponent though.

Fair enough I'm no fucked anyway AJF.  We lost, no point arguing if someone else should have walked as it wouldn't have changed shite anyway. 

If I was in Sean Maloney’s shoes at half time I’d have told my players to go out there and kick f**k out of people as well

It was their best chance of getting something out of that game. it carries risks and obviously those risks came to bite them in the arse

I would condemn Maloney’s choice but if we win the final by sheer thuggish shithousery against superior opposition I’ll be fine with that so there’s no complaints from me

Although Shaun Maloney probably wears Children’s shoes so I’m unlikely to ever find myself in them

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If I was in Sean Maloney’s shoes at half time I’d have told my players to go out there and kick f**k out of people as well

It was their best chance of getting something out of that game. it carries risks and obviously those risks came to bite them in the arse

I would condemn Maloney’s choice but if we win the final by sheer thuggish shithousery against superior opposition I’ll be fine with that so there’s no complaints from me

Although Shaun Maloney probably wears Children’s shoes so I’m unlikely to ever find myself in them

For all that supposed thuggery Hearts should have also been down to ten and we completely controlled all of the second half.   You have a world class goalie and we have a fuckin' numptie.  That was the difference in the end. 

8 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

They like this style if football and the results it brings?

No accounting for taste but I suppose that's why they're Hibs fans.

Think some are saying he needs more time to build his own squad etc. 

Sorry not good enough. I won't be back this season at all.