Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - Scottish Cup SF

Lyle Lanley

On 28/03/2022 at 22:49, Otis Blue said:

Surely the SFA blazers could've used a bit of common sense and let Murrayfield be the venue for this. Quite apart from the "more tickets" angle, fans are under increasing cost constraints due to rising inflation etc. Seems nuts to me making fans trek through to Weegieland when there's patently no need.

OK, I get that the final needs to be in Scottish fitba's spiritual home and all that stuff, especially with an ugly sister involved. But an Edinburgh derby semi ... come on, eh?

I'm assuming the SFA don't fancy paying the SRU to host a game when they have a national stadium of their own.

55 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye. And I don't think Hearts have found a way to structure it so that a non-ST holder with 39 points might not get a ticket. There's just no way we have 22,500 fans who out-gun that in the Superfan Stakes.

If that was a possibility, they'd drop from 39 - 30, then 29 - 20, etc.

I've got 11 loyalty points and I'm in no doubt at all that I'll get a ticket for the game in the general sale.

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

How's the other end looking?

I assume it's going to at least be "busy" even if it's not quite "packed"

North and South stands nearly sold out. still a few tickets in the East Stand. 

7 hours ago, Darren said:

I'm assuming the SFA don't fancy paying the SRU to host a game when they have a national stadium of their own.

I'm sure you're 100% correct there Darren.

Would be too much for the SFA to put its customers first before its profits.

53 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm sure you're 100% correct there Darren.

Would be too much for the SFA to put its customers first before its profits.

They've put me first, I live not too far up the road from Hampden 😄

Hearts public sale started today.

Huge early rush, as expected. My mate said he was behind 3,000 in the queue just after 9am. Seems they're flying off the shelves.

Interesting to see if this continues al day or if it's just that everyone is terrified of missing out and we'll sell no more after lunchtime.

50 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hearts public sale started today.

Huge early rush, as expected. My mate said he was behind 3,000 in the queue just after 9am. Seems they're flying off the shelves.

Interesting to see if this continues al day or if it's just that everyone is terrified of missing out and we'll sell no more after lunchtime.

Not a huge amount left.  Should be a decent Hearts support.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think we will struggle to sell out our allocation in which for a derby semi final is a disgrace. 

I find it baffling that anybody who could go wouldn't go. What's the point of being into fitba if you're not going to a game like this?

Every Hearts supporter I know personally is going apart from one boy who's abroad for work. One of my mates is binning of a mate's wedding to be there.

Amazed that someone who could go wouldn't.

44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think we will struggle to sell out our allocation in which for a derby semi final is a disgrace. 

A lot of our support are complete shitebags that don’t think we’ve got a chance so won’t turn up. 

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I find it baffling that anybody who could go wouldn't go. What's the point of being into fitba if you're not going to a game like this?

Every Hearts supporter I know personally is going apart from one boy who's abroad for work. One of my mates is binning of a mate's wedding to be there.

Amazed that someone who could go wouldn't.

Heard from my Jambo mate you have sold over 19,000. 

Unless anyone who doesn’t have a legit reason not to be there then this should be selling out regardless. 

18 minutes ago, Zing. said:

A lot of our support are complete shitebags that don’t think we’ve got a chance so won’t turn up. 

Anyone who currently has a semi ticket should be guranteed a ticket for the final if we get there. 

The same shitebags will be the first ones to moan if they can’t get a final ticket. 

4 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Heard from my Jambo mate you have sold over 19,000.

I always take these things with a pinch of salt, but just going by what's available and what sections are done it looks good.

Think it's a shame Hibs' tickets seem to have been sold in a way that looks likely to leave a big gap behind the goal. Just seems amateurish.