Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Yesterday doesn’t define our season despite your best efforts. We all know what the big prize is this season and i also know you would much rather be 6 points ahead in the league than in the Scottish Cup final 😉

Aye, I’m sure if you’d won yesterday you’d be saying the game never mattered, Pinocchio.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, I’m sure if you’d won yesterday you’d be saying the game never mattered, Pinocchio.

I never said it didn’t matter, i said it doesn’t define our season or is what matters most and i’m sure you aren’t dim enough to not get that however judging by this mornings posts you do have me wondering. I’ve been pretty upfront from the start of the season about my expectations 😉

Is reaching the Scottish Cup final adequate consolation for potentially surrendering the league in such a meek fashion? Really is it? 😂

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I never said it didn’t matter, i said it doesn’t define our season or is what matters most and i’m sure you aren’t dim enough to not get that however judging by this mornings posts you do have me wondering. I’ve been pretty upfront from the start of the season about my expectations 😉

Is reaching the Scottish Cup final adequate consolation for potentially surrendering the league in such a meek fashion? Really is it? 😂

Of course it’s not adequate consolation, I’m still going to enjoy it but.

Edited by AJF

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

Which I totally get. I’d be the exact same.

I just don’t get the pretending by some that they aren’t bothered. 

Of course I’m bothered. This narrative that it was a canter for Rangers is absurd though. 

19 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Of course I’m bothered. This narrative that it was a canter for Rangers is absurd though. 

I never said it was a canter, I said we ran over Celtic which I stand by. Our fitness was much better, with Celtic struggling into extra time. We were the better team.

Just now, AJF said:

I never said it was a canter, I said we ran over Celtic which I stand by. Our fitness was much better, with Celtic struggling into extra time. We were the better team.

The term ran over implies it wasn’t even a contest which it quite obviously was considering it was won in extra time.

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

Anyone would think that the Scottish cup is the only competition we're still in, if they were reading Jinkys posts.

You have already conceded the league Benny so domestically it is according to you

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I feel like us losing our manager half way through the season obviously played a part...

Probably did yeah, although I think Gio's points per game is similar to Gerrard's this season. He came in and won his first 7 games up until the winter break. Then Rangers dropped off after the break but its harsh to put that on the manager given it happened under Gerrard. From what I've seen most Rangers fans think Gerrard wouldn't have stopped Celtic winning the league. Not sure myself, but I think Rangers fans who think Ange is a fraud and has fluked this season will be left disappointed in future and are maybe kidding themselves on. 

35 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Reminds me of that time they got carried away after we got ‘pumped’ in the 2016 semi - on penalties :lol:.

It would be rather amusing if Andy Halliday wins it for Hearts.

11 minutes ago, Buckets said:

Probably did yeah, although I think Gio's points per game is similar to Gerrard's this season. He came in and won his first 7 games up until the winter break. Then Rangers dropped off after the break but its harsh to put that on the manager given it happened under Gerrard. From what I've seen most Rangers fans think Gerrard wouldn't have stopped Celtic winning the league. Not sure myself, but I think Rangers fans who think Ange is a fraud and has fluked this season will be left disappointed in future and are maybe kidding themselves on. 

GVB's points per game is slightly better than Gerrard's. 2.35 to 2.31. He has made a lot of mistakes though as he adjusts to managing in this league and finding his best team. We also looked like we were going backwards in the OF games compared to what the situation was under Gerrard where every game was at least a contest. Yesterday shows that perhaps he's learning tactically.

I blame the board for the post break turnaround more than Gio. It was a poor window and we did everything far too late into the window as well. 

The feeling I got the last few weeks from Celtic fans and some pundits following their victory at Ibrox was they were almost expecting this Rangers squad to conveniently fall into the form and capitulation that became regular and inevitable under Pedro and Murty against Rodgers. 

Im not sure if that attitude sneaked into their sqaud yesterday and they thought that just turning up would see them through in to the final . 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

The feeling I got the last few weeks from Celtic fans and some pundits following their victory at Ibrox was they were almost expecting this Rangers squad to conveniently fall into the form and capitulation that became regular and inevitable under Pedro and Murty against Rodgers. 

Im not sure if that attitude sneaked into their sqaud yesterday and they thought that just turning up would see them through in to the final . 

Certianly think there is something in them thinking Rangers would be tired/less able to go full tilt.

Suppose it remains to be seen when it catches up to the players. Certainly a reasonable assumption that Rangers would maybe be less able to do a hard 120 mins, but it's not good for the opposition to show up with that mindset and find themselves second in the challenges. 

I know plenty of Rangers fans who thought that.

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

There was definitely an arrogance/complacency about our performance. I fully expected us to get after Rangers but we just didn’t press the way we normally do and that comes from the players as the manager only plays 1 way and that’s the disappointing aspect. We also recently changed our play to accommodate big GG with crosses into the box and less balls in behind, we didn’t seem to change that yesterday and threw a lot of high crosses in the neither Kyogo or Maeda are getting close to, it’s not their game

I fully expect to see a much different performance and some rotation on Sunday as a few players also look dead on their feet

Edited by Jinky67

22 hours ago, Comrie said:

Was impressed with Rangers' energy levels- they looked by far the fitter side at the end,

Indeed.  None more so that Oor Calvin:

6 hours ago, DMCs said:

Big Scouse John was a huge part of that. Two MOTM (for us) games in a row against them. This time the rest of the team delivered.

Great video montage.  Lundstram was the difference between the teams yesterday.

54 minutes ago, energyzone said:
2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

I know plenty of Rangers fans who thought that.

Indeed.  I'm one...