Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Are the **** still moaning about getting humped and wanting more games behind closed doors ffs?

Aye. The same must apply to the 15 draws they’ve had in the league too. 
 Few flukey results in Europe and they forget they’re shite. Strange bunch.

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

If we get through on Thursday we will be playing Celtic on the Sunday after what could be a draining European tie. 

My point about the high fiving bravado BS by Rangers supporters is it would be better to play them in May and not after a tough European game. 

Time and date TBC ;) 

FN13kRJWYAMd0aG.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Time and date TBC ;) 

FN13kRJWYAMd0aG.jpg

We are not through yet. If we qualify it will be the Sunday. Even those corrupt b*****ds wouldn’t be so blatant. 

Big question is do the SFA risk giving this game to Clancy or save him for the final? I think Don Robertson for the semi and Clancy for the final and Collum gets the other semi 

8 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Aye. Until you shite it again and try and rearrange the fixture list until it suits you!😃

Hate these games and not looking forward to the utter nonsense before , during and after. 

6 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Oh I will. What I didn’t  see never happened!

You can’t seriously be claiming the rearrangement didn’t suit you! Ffs you had players playing that joined AFTER the game was supposed to be played 😂

Anyway I’m away for the weekend the week before this game. It’s looking very much like two weekends away in a row. Lake District should be nice that time of year 

6 hours ago, AB1872 said:

What about the Japanese players? 

5 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Think they signed on the 1st or 2nd but pretty sure they arrived in Scotland after the OF though. 

It's a laughable claim that they didn't benefit from the delay though either way. 

4 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The Old Firm delay benefitted you for sure because you had injuries and a weakened squad at the time where as we were on form...

It also meant we were without Morelos and you were suddenly with the player that scored the decisive goals. 

3 hours ago, AB1872 said:

I think I said something similar in original post. The fixtures should have been played as originally scheduled. Absolutely no point in the delay as we had previously played a full season BCD. Rangers were disadvantaged but we will overcome and righteous will prevail 

Good always triumphs over evil 😎

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree

2 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Celtic benefited , rightly or wrongly, in having the fixtures changed. 

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The idea that we wanted to play the fixtures due to some imagined sporting advantage due to fans is another mistruth. 

Absolutely fucking raging 

the-big-house-must-stay-open-1.jpg

17 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

"Flukey results" 

Not even pretending to try and comprehend the points that were rightly raised and now "raging". 

Are there any... you know... normal  **** on this forum or are they all wired to the moon? 

Between the pair of you, you haven't actually raised a point. 

You said Celtic strengthened, well so did Rangers. You said Rangers suffered due to Morelos being on International duty, same applied to Celtic as we also had players out because of international duty. You cant blame Celtic for Rangers failure to maintain form after the break, thats on Rangers

The winter break wasn't brought forward to benefit Celtic, it was brought forward to ensure clubs didn't lose much needed revenue due to the lockdown put in place and that the majority of clubs wanted. Rangers didn't and again found themselves again very much in the minority. Do you ever stop to ask yourself why that always seems to be?

Edited by Jinky67

31 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

"Flukey results" 

Not even pretending to try and comprehend the points that were rightly raised and now "raging". 

Are there any... you know... normal  **** on this forum or are they all wired to the moon? 

f**k off Stormzy.

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Between the pair of you, you haven't actually raised a point. 

You said Celtic strengthened, well so did Rangers. You said Rangers suffered due to Morelos being on International duty, same applied to Celtic as we also had players out because of international duty. You cant blame Celtic for Rangers failure to maintain form after the break, thats on Rangers

The winter break wasn't brought forward to benefit Celtic, it was brought forward to ensure clubs didn't lose much needed revenue due to the lockdown put in place and that the majority of clubs wanted. Rangers didn't and again found themselves again very much in the minority. Do you ever stop to ask yourself why that always seems to be?

This seems to be what you and the other bloke were arguing about but I've never claimed such a thing. 

We were on form and it would have suited us to play you on the original date. Subsequently you got better and we got worse, of course we both had the opportunity to strengthen, I don't think Rangers did actually strengthen tbh but that's neither here nor there. I'm not blaming anyone but Rangers for our loss of form... The only point I've made is not some conspiracy or salty post but merely that what happened was more convenient for you guys than it was for us. Of course I blame the Rangers board for not reacting adequately but I think it's a bit insincere to act like there was no difference at all from our perspective. 

To your last point, I'd imagine the board didn't want to alienate the fans and support something that was extremely unpopular however I can't even be sure on that considering the Old Firm friendly debacle. 

Appreciate the normal response though even if we end up disagreeing.

Edited by Albus Bulbasaur

Rangers wanted the games played at the scheduled dates as they quite fancied going to Pittodrie and Celtic Park in front of empty stadiums, the fact they dropped five points when they were played in front of a hostile home crowd confirms this. 

It's as obvious as the hole in your arse.

All clubs bar the **** and Ross County wanted the winter break brought forward so games could be played with fans in as well as not losing out on matchday revenue, utterly cringeworthy and fucking hilarious Rangers and their thick supporters peddling this myth that it was all a conspiracy to benefit Celtic. 

Rangers fans in thick gullible fucking morons shocker, in other news, water is wet and shit stinks. 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic wish they could even manage "flukey" results in Europe 😂

At this stage of the rebuild I’ll take trophies in the cabinet ahead of flukey results in Europe and being honest not having to worry about playing in Europe with so many big games coming up is a benefit. I know that’s a bit of a take however I’ve said from the off this season I’d happily take the hit on Europe to get us back on track domestically.

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

This seems to be what you and the other bloke were arguing about but I've never claimed such a thing. 

We were on form and it would have suited us to play you on the original date. Subsequently you got better and we got worse, of course we both had the opportunity to strengthen, I don't think Rangers did actually strengthen tbh but that's neither here nor there. I'm not blaming anyone but Rangers for our loss of form... The only point I've made is not some conspiracy or salty post but merely that what happened was more convenient for you guys than it was for us. Of course I blame the Rangers board for not reacting adequately but I think it's a bit insincere to act like there was no difference at all from our perspective. 

To your last point, I'd imagine the board didn't want to alienate the fans and support something that was extremely unpopular however I can't even be sure on that considering the Old Firm friendly debacle. 

Appreciate the normal response though even if we end up disagreeing.

I don’t expect us to agree or us to be able to force our opinion on each other, at the end of the day it’s an opinion which is always subjective and influenced by bias but I do have difficulty accepting Covid or fixture call offs etc due to Covid convenient but that’s a personal viewpoint.

It would be churlish to suggest however our players didn’t need a rest as we were stretched but we were also stretched on the day of the game itself hence why Ben Doak and Maeda were on the bench. I think the view is also skewed by the fact Hatate was the difference maker and had the game went ahead on the 2nd he may not have played although he was already our player but Hatate aside we were superb that night.

The big question I would be asking if a Rangers fan is not if Celtic benefitted more than Rangers but why do Rangers frequently drop form post winter break? Last season aside this does seem to be a common thing.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

At this stage of the rebuild I’ll take trophies in the cabinet ahead of flukey results in Europe and being honest not having to worry about playing in Europe with so many big games coming up is a benefit. I know that’s a bit of a take however I’ve said from the off this season I’d happily take the hit on Europe to get us back on track domestically.

I don’t expect us to agree or us to be able to force our opinion on each other, at the end of the day it’s an opinion which is always subjective and influenced by bias but I do have difficulty accepting Covid or fixture call offs etc due to Covid convenient but that’s a personal viewpoint.

It would be churlish to suggest however our players didn’t need a rest as we were stretched but we were also stretched on the day of the game itself hence why Ben Doak and Maeda were on the bench. I think the view is also skewed by the fact Hatate was the difference maker and had the game went ahead on the 2nd he may not have played although he was already our player but Hatate aside we were superb that night.

The big question I would be asking if a Rangers fan is not if Celtic benefitted more than Rangers but why do Rangers frequently drop form post winter break? Last season aside this does seem to be a common thing.

Well I agree with most of this. I would also even add that I think our tactics against you guys were abysmal, Gio dropped the ball and if we had played you guys earlier we would have likely employed the same tactics and could've faced a similar result. 

With hindsight the fact Hatate scored the two goals does stick out but even at the time Rangers fans felt a certain way, it's not like this opinion suddenly came about after Hatate scored and we lost the game. For me the fact we didn't have Morelos is what irked me the most but I do appreciate you guys also missed out on certain players that could've made a difference. 

I dunno how much I read into the January thing tbh, I feel like it has to be one of those weird coincidences rather than some psychological flaw in the team. 

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It was just a wee joke.

13 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Aye. The same must apply to the 15 draws they’ve had in the league too. 
 Few flukey results in Europe and they forget they’re shite. Strange bunch.

You got a bite and a nibble for that!? 

Disappointed in my fellow Rangers supporters 

• 3 weeks later...