Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Think they signed on the 1st or 2nd but pretty sure they arrived in Scotland after the OF though. 

It's a laughable claim that they didn't benefit from the delay though either way. 

I think I said something similar in original post. The fixtures should have been played as originally scheduled. Absolutely no point in the delay as we had previously played a full season BCD. Rangers were disadvantaged but we will overcome and righteous will prevail 

Good always triumphs over evil 😎

6 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

I think I said something similar in original post. The fixtures should have been played as originally scheduled. Absolutely no point in the delay as we had previously played a full season BCD. Rangers were disadvantaged but we will overcome and righteous will prevail 

Good always triumphs over evil 😎

Of course there was a point in the delay or the vast majority of clubs wouldn't have voted to bring the break forward would they? 😂

Rangers were the ones trying to ice skate uphill as they saw a sporting advantage to be had by playing in front of a pretty much empty stadium. Majority of clubs saw through that nonsense and told you to rightly f**k off and stop trying (again) to take money from their pockets

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Of course there was a point in the delay or the vast majority of clubs wouldn't have voted to bring the break forward would they? 😂

Rangers were the ones trying to ice skate uphill as they saw a sporting advantage to be had by playing in front of a pretty much empty stadium. Majority of clubs saw through that nonsense and told you to rightly f**k off and stop trying (again) to take money from their pockets

We’ll have to agree to disagree

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Exactly. Karma murdered Rangers! 

I read that as Kamara. I did have my booster earlier 

Anyway we looked to be still going strong last Thursday. 

IF Rangers get the job done next Thursday then it should benefit Celtic domestically. The April schedule is just ridiculous and it could include 3 Old Firm games!

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The majority of the spfl clubs had the same stance as Rangers, that it was important to play the games.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We benefitted from not having empty stadiums you are absolutely right but then so did every club. 

Not every club. We played a home game on Boxing Day in front of 500 fans. 

Thank God for that as I was a little delicate. I just about managed to watch on TV before going back to bed and remember very little of the game

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

The majority of the spfl clubs had the same stance as Rangers, that it was important to play the games.

Rangers got their wish, the games have been played however unlike Rangers the majority of clubs DID vote to bring the winter break forward

Just now, Albus Bulbasaur said:

The idea that we wanted to play the fixtures due to some imagined sporting advantage due to fans is another mistruth. 

Could go round round in circles. All day. 

A lot of bullshit bravado on FF after this draw. IF we get through on Thursday this is the worst draw we could have got! 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Rangers got their wish, the games have been played however unlike Rangers the majority of clubs DID vote to bring the winter break forward

The majority of spfl clubs were more sensible than that Jinky.

2 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Could go round round in circles. All day. 

A lot of bullshit bravado on FF after this draw. IF we get through on Thursday this is the worst draw we could have got! 

Whether you get through on Thursday or not, this is the worst (read: "hardest") draw you could have got, objectively.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Whether you get through on Thursday or not, this is the worst (read: "hardest") draw you could have got, objectively.

One of the physical teams like Dundee United if they had won or Hearts would've been a bigger headache for us.

As long as we don't sit in again, against a team set up to push opponents back then we'll be fine. 

Only 12 clubs voted on whether to play the Premiership games, and 10 of them voted for it.

The fact that lower league clubs voted on a totally different set of circumstances, when many of their attendances were totally unaffected by the restrictions, is irrelevant.

32 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If we get through on Thursday we will be playing Celtic on the Sunday after what could be a draining European tie. 

My point about the high fiving bravado BS by Rangers supporters is it would be better to play them in May and not after a tough European game.