Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

And hopefully use it to improve Celtic’s miserable performance in recent European competition or be content that £40m gives you just enough to hammer the likes of St Johnstone and wander home happy that your team is doing well?

Maybe if St Johnstone stay in the league,the coefficient points Celtic have collected over the last 5 years are massive to the position we find ourselves in, it couldn't be done without Celtic cheers. 

9 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Thanks for the £40 million :bounce3

You do know we still have two possible routes to also land said 40 million HT

Both tough but doable 

one of them would even result in you having to bin your “road to Seville poster and duvet set ” 😉

The other would be the dreaded qualifiers but reaching the Europa semi has made sure we are seeded for these next season 

Edited by Forever_blueco

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

It was all Madden's fault again apparently. We hear that quite often eh.

The game was a coin flip M8 but brother Madden made sure the momentum stayed with sevco stopping the play for Celtic's goal was beautiful.
The mythical foul in the box,the advantage to sevco when Aribo fouls Juranovic and books McGregor and to top it off the bouncy bouncy ball on the edge of Celtic's box .
Madden spoiled the game and made sure Celtic didn't get any momentum, his man marking of McGregor was the best 12th man I've ever seen.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

The game was a coin flip M8 but brother Madden made sure the momentum stayed with sevco stopping the play for Celtic's goal was beautiful.
The mythical foul in the box,the advantage to sevco when Aribo fouls Juranovic and books McGregor and to top it off the bouncy bouncy ball on the edge of Celtic's box .
Madden spoiled the game and made sure Celtic didn't get any momentum, his man marking of McGregor was the best 12th man I've ever seen.

Wow man 😂

your my favourite type of Celtic fan

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I too could select numerous decisions from the match that went against Rangers. To suggest there was any bias at all is laughable. Comfort blanket mindset.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Taking Celtic to extra time when we played shite, sevco needed the help from brother Madden.

What about the blatant offside ignored that almost led to Hatate scoring? Or the fact that Celtic’s goal came from a foul that shouldn’t have been given?

Do you just ignore those incidents to perpetuate the Madden myth?

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I too could select numerous decisions from the match that went against Rangers. To suggest there was any bias at all is laughable. Comfort blanket mindset.

Can we post about brother Madden without the result of the game or is it mutually exclusive?
If we both think he had a poor performance we are in agreement, he is on the pitch making wrong decisions all over the place.
My questions are on his positioning his interpretation of advantage and the bookings he gave. 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Can we post about brother Madden without the result of the game or is it mutually exclusive?
If we both think he had a poor performance we are in agreement, he is on the pitch making wrong decisions all over the place.
My questions are on his positioning his interpretation of advantage and the bookings he gave. 

There is a difference between believing he had a poor performance compared to believing he was cheating.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

I know it was 17 years ago now, but im sure you still remember 2005 season finish? Lost 2 of your last 4 games after beating us in the split

That wouldn’t be enough on this occasion. If we beat you in the split we need to drop points in all of the remaining games.

if we beat County and avoid defeat against Rangers we only need to win 1 of our remaining 3 games.

So yes this is mathematically possible on the balance of probability Celtic just have to do what they have been doing in the league since October. There is absolutely nothing from Sundays performance to suggest the wheels are suddenly going to fall off

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm not interested in what you or I believe M8, I'm asking questions on his performance and the effect he had on the game.

So when you say that brother Madden made sure the momentum stayed with us, you weren't implying bias?

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That wouldn’t be enough on this occasion. If we beat you in the split we need to drop points in all of the remaining games.

if we beat County and avoid defeat against Rangers we only need to win 1 of our remaining 3 games.

So yes this is mathematically possible on the balance of probability Celtic just have to do what they have been doing in the league since October. There is absolutely nothing from Sundays performance to suggest the wheels are suddenly going to fall off

After beating us at Ibrox in 05 there was absolutely nothing from that performance that suggested celtic were going to lose 2 of their last 4 games either, but it happened, and with arguably a better and stronger team back then

Shit can happen in football, while in my head i cant see it happening as the teams facing celtic dont seem capable of doing it now, a result like yesterday can throw spanners in the works 

If county hadnt scored that last minute equaliser against us, i dont think the 3-0 trouncing at parkhead happens, celtic might still have won it, odds were they would have, but the manner of the result i think is different if we held out at county 

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

So when you say that brother Madden made sure the momentum stayed with us, you weren't implying bias?

Brother Madden's style of refereeing the game stopped Celtic gaining momentum through out the game.
Asking the question on Advantage being played eg, Madden stopped the play when Aribo was down in the box with Celtic attacking yet when Juranovic was down injured he let play continue ended in McGregor getting booked.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Brother Madden's style of refereeing the game stopped Celtic gaining momentum through out the game.
Asking the question on Advantage being played eg, Madden stopped the play when Aribo was down in the box with Celtic attacking yet when Juranovic was down injured he let play continue ended in McGregor getting booked.

Do you mean when Aribo went down after his header? Celtic weren't attacking, the ball was in Joe Hart's hands 😂

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Disgraceful stuff. He even allowed Arfield to push him around. 

download (9).jpeg