Celtic v Rangers Scottish Cup Semi Final

On 15/04/2022 at 08:31, Drew Brees said:

Doubt they’ll rest Roofe or Sakala, didn’t both of them miss Dortmund away due to being unvaccinated? Neither will get in to Germany unless that’s changed, cases there through the roof (😉). Fucked for Spain too I’d imagine. 

I believe the rules have changed for Germany now and there is an exception for professional football players. I could be wrong but I saw that somewhere recently.

I believe the rules have changed for Germany now and there is an exception for professional football players. I could be wrong but I saw that somewhere recently.
So they just have to convince the Germans that Sakala is a footballer and he's in?

2 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Yes. Rangers getting to a European semi is one of them.

If Celtic lose 2 league games and draw another then I’m taking up cricket.

Tomorrow: 2-0 Celtic.

I recommend Ferguslie Cricket Club. Nice social atmosphere 

I knew you’d see sense

On 15/04/2022 at 13:14, AB1872 said:

. I know the league is a very long shot but stranger things have happened.

Jack is a player I’d have starting every game if fit but he looked sluggish last night and I’d consider Lundstrum and Kamara as starters. Ramsey was excellent last night and I’d start him but doubt he ll finish the game. 

Was Barisic suffering from cramp? If he was I’d start the same back four

The extra 30 minutes wasn’t ideal but Rangers have nobody to blame but themselves as we should have taken our chances and yet again our failure to defend a set piece costs us! Was weird watching a goalkeeper coming for cross balls last night. 

I might miss this game as I’ll be travelling back from London but we ll try and stop somewhere near Manchester to watch it. 

Quietly confident. 2-1 Rangers. 

I'd have Roofe, Jack and Ramsey wrapped up In cotton wool personally,  the chance of a European cup is too great to miss. Probably rest or bench Aribo for this one too, he looked exhausted on Thursday. 

20 hours ago, DMCs said:

I believe the rules have changed for Germany now and there is an exception for professional football players. I could be wrong but I hope I saw that somewhere recently.

FTFY

51 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't think I've ever seen such a low key build up to an old firm game  a Glasgow Derby (sorry celtic) before.

Tsk, tsk. And you're usually so on the ball, too...

Don't know if Kyogo will start think Ange was at it a bit saying about players all being for last one then him not even making squad. Now he saying he’s not fit to play full match hinting he will be on bench but could be a bit of mind games again still. Would still be happy with a front 3 of Jota Maeda Abada though. Possibly would like to see Bitton in midfield too.

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

celtic to persistently foul  breaking up any attacks and the ref to give them a few bookings late on in the game.

We can only trust the match officials to do their jobs in an appropriate and fair manner. *

(*Loosely translated as 3 Celtic red cards, 4 penalties for Rangers and 2 Celtic goals chalked off for, ahem, "infringements" 😉.) 

35 minutes ago, bennett said:

celtic to persistently foul  breaking up any attacks and the ref to give them a few bookings late on in the game.

Ah yes, this Celtic team is renowned for playing anti-football.

Edited by gannonball

Happy enough with that team. McLaughlin should have been more involved the past few months. I think we will be too shattered for this game but let's see.

All down to how our build up play is. That was our downfall in the game at Ibrox.