Scotland v Poland

Taking it to the corner to waste time in a friendly is just one level above diving to win a penalty for a draw in a friendly in the minter table. 

We need to get used to seeing out games. It nearly cost us in the last set of play-offs.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

We need to get used to seeing out games. It nearly cost us in the last set of play-offs.

We've just won 6 games in a row, we're pretty decent at seeing games out. Hickey running into the corner flag is a) embarrassing as f**k b) not going to change our ability to see out games in the future in any way, shape or form. 

If we're going to look at anything in the lead up to the penalty, Tierney, who was otherwise outstanding, gives the guy a free header and Hanley lets Piatek run off him too easily. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I think this team have been pretty good generally at closing out games we're leading. Hickey was making his international debut and obviously wanted to impress, you know yourself a large part of his game is the attacking side so I've no qualms with him trying to fire in a cross in the dying moments of a game. If there's VAR active as there would be in proper competitive matches we win the game anyway, no way that penalty isn't overturned. 

Facts are if it was a real game there'd have been VAR, Piatek would be booked for his embarrassing dive and we'd have deservedly won. That there's even controversy about a friendly in aid of Ukraine reflects badly on the Pole for conning the ref.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think VAR would have overturned that. It wasn't a penalty but there wasn't an obvious angle to show there was definitely no contact.

There was definitely one angle that showed no contact. VAR would've binned it for sure.

I don't think VAR would have overturned that. It wasn't a penalty but there wasn't an obvious angle to show there was definitely no contact.
I really don't have blue tinted glasses but there was more than one camera angle showing that was a clear dive.