Scotland v Poland

31 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Don't think it's sold out. They've just opened another section in the East Stand. 

Aye. When I looked first thing it was saying sold out. However, a new section has been opened. 

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolute state of the Facebook page responses to the SFA and Polish FAs making blue and yellow versions of their crests to promote the friendly.

Aye, what's that all about? Seemed like a fairly inoffensive thing to me.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolute state of the Facebook page responses to the SFA and Polish FAs making blue and yellow versions of their crests to promote the friendly.

I know social media generally speaking, is awful. But FB in particular is filled with utter guff and the only people left who appear to use it often, are mostly imbeciles. 

2 hours ago, monthefife said:

I know social media generally speaking, is awful. But FB in particular is filled with utter guff and the only people left who appear to use it often, are mostly imbeciles. 

Absolute roasters.

Everything from full blown conspiracy theories to people seemingly genuinly confused about whether these are our new national colours.

Edited by Scumjob

On 22/03/2022 at 21:50, Savage Henry said:

Its embarrassing.

Folk seem genuinely raging we are showing solidarity with Ukraine because we have to play them soon. Theres no helping c***s if their priorities are that skewed.

I'll be there tomorrow and I'll be there if and when we play Ukraine. If theres some sort of display or minuted applause for Ukraine, lets have at it. Not just cause its maybe a nice thing to do, but it will seemingly piss the right people off.

12 hours ago, Donathan said:

I doubt he changes the system for a friendly so we are probably looking at:

Gordon

McTominay-Hanley-Tierney

Patterson-Gilmour-McGregor-Taylor

McGinn-Adams-Christie

I think Armstrong has a better chance  starting than Christie.

Gordon

Hendry Hanley Tierney

Patterson Gilmour Jack Hickey

McGinn Adams Armstrong

Would like to see Kelly start one of the games but reckon Gordon will play this one. I've been stuck between Hendry and McTominay as the former has been a solid enough defender but nowhere near as effective on the ball, and McTominay isn't a reliable defender but so much better on the ball. I'd probably prefer Hendry to play against Ukraine so gone with him here but tbh I can't make my mind up. 

We regularly look worse without McGregor so let's try it again! I'm concerned that we still have no backup if he gets injured so Jack is the last roll of the dice to see if he can so it. I fully expect McGregor to start though. Taylor too but with Robbo out I wouldn't mind giving him and Hickey a half each - winner gets in next squad. 

5 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Its embarrassing.

Folk seem genuinely raging we are showing solidarity with Ukraine because we have to play them soon. Theres no helping c***s if their priorities are that skewed.

I'll be there tomorrow and I'll be there if and when we play Ukraine. If theres some sort of display or minuted applause for Ukraine, lets have at it. Not just cause its maybe a nice thing to do, but it will seemingly piss the right people off.

I know everyone has their priorities in life and it is possible to retain your passion for football whilst at the same be aware/alert/concerned about Ukraine and its people and the emerging humanitarian crisis enveloping Europe on account of Russian military aggression. 

But some folks are still banging on about limited international fixture windows and the mess Ukraine's inability to make this play-off date will have - seemingly either completely unaware or couldn't give a flying feck about the magnitude of what Ukraine and it's people are facing.

What is important at the end of the day is the international fixture calendar and ensuring clubs and domestic leagues are not inconvenienced by having to accommodate some additional international dates further down the line on account of some piffling situation in Ukraine. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Patterson Gilmour Jack Hickey

Taylor too but with Robbo out I wouldn't mind giving him and Hickey a half each - winner gets in next squad. 

If Aaron Hickey gets a half it seems it might be the second half. 

I was always thinking with Aaron, I'd just let him settle into the squad and see how he goes. We've got two games, so it's not a case of rushing him in.

I was a bit undecided on that one anyway (starting him against Poland) but the fact that he's a bit under the weather probably makes my mind up. He's got plenty of time on his side. Aaron woke up feeling a bit unwell so we've left him out of training and will see how he is. It's not Covid. We tested him straight away and it was negative. He just felt under the weather when he got up. The Doc had a look at it and decided it would be better for him not to train.

We'll see how he is on Thursday morning and I'm pretty hopeful he'll at least be ready for a place on the bench. That would be nice. The important thing for Aaron - rather than minutes on the pitch - is to feel part of the scene and part of the group.

Steve Clarke

Various Newspaper Sources.

Edited by 2426255