Hearts V Livi

4 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

D'you know if Sibbald is actually available to play? I've seen him listed on the bench in some recent matches but I don't know if he's just there for morale purposes and is still not fully fit. If he is available, he'd be my pick to replace Shinnie in the line up and play right attack for us. I'm a big fan of him and think he's ideal for that position.

Edit: Oops, forgot he came on last match against Celtic. Well anyway, if I was picking the team he'd be in it tomorrow but Martindale likely has other plans.

Yep and had a decent pot shot at goal too, forcing Hart into making a good save. Something i'd like to see a lot more of from our players. St Mirren scored a cracker against Hearts in their cup game, always seem to score those type of goals against us too, always worth a try just taking on the odd wonder goal. Sibbs has a good eye for taking on even longer shots, almost scored from the halfway line against one of the erse cheeks a season or two back too, when their keeper was out of his box. 

On 17/03/2022 at 19:45, Kyle Reese said:

Nah, sorry mate. If some fucking throbber Livi fan starts giving it the wee **** pish, then I’m quite happy to point out they probably used to support Hibs or Celtic. I’m happy to point out their Da is probably a total fucking melt if they were brought up that way too. 

Everyone calls Hearts wee **** though not just Livi. 

Bailey in for Shinnie so prob a return to a 4-3-3. I like that change. McEneff in for Woodburn for Hearts but that doesn't change their set up at all.

48 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Bailey in for Shinnie so prob a return to a 4-3-3.

Nope, 4-2-3-1 with Bailey left, Pittman central, Nouble right and Forrest centre forward although those two swapping. Hearts flinging so many players forward caused that goal. Bailey beaten to it by Atkinson, the key part. Haring and Baningime both burst into the Livi box as Hearts use a full back, normally Halliday, to step into the centre mid position they vacate. They overwhelm you with the numbers they get forward.

Reasonably pleased with that first half performance. Hearts are just very good. Excellent individuals and excellent tactics.

The f**k up on the goal was expecting Bailey to be able to cover Atkinson, who spends more time at right wing than right back. Penrice should've been kept wide for Atkinson and used Holt to pick up McKay, who's playing very narrow as an inside right. That's what has been switched to now by us. We'd have got away with that chance had Penrice not sclaffed his clearance but Hearts were always going to score in that first half anyway.

We've come out after half time pressing brilliantly in some away games this season, at Easter Road most memorably. We'll need to try that again but Hearts might just play round us and score on the counter. 

Amazing finish from McKay. Atkinson again with the cross, haven't dealt with him at all today. Need to not let this scoreline get worse. Our goal difference is decent and it might come to matter. 

10 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Amazing finish from McKay. Atkinson again with the cross, haven't dealt with him at all today. Need to not let this scoreline get worse. Our goal difference is decent and it might come to matter. 

Aye, moment of brilliance from MacKay. Otherwise I’m happy enough with the second half. Nouble had a great chance and it maybe shows you the difference in quality. 

Anderson clearly a big loss for us up front.

Edited by crispy

11 minutes ago, crispy said:

Anderson clearly a big loss for us up front

Soto has looked sharp as usual and he's the like for like Anderson replacement. I think he'll start with Nouble and Forrest next match if Anderson is still out. Bailey wasn't bad today but probably needed to do more to retain his place. 

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Soto has looked sharp as usual and he's the like for like Anderson replacement. I think he'll start with Nouble and Forrest next match if Anderson is still out. Bailey wasn't bad today but probably needed to do more to retain his place. 

Thought Shinnie, again, linked play well when he came on. Looks a better option in the middle than Nouble who, as much as he's been out of sorts today, generally looks better out wide