Hearts V Livi

Following a bit of chat on our Livi thread, re: stadium upgrades, am I right in thinking there is a digital clock display in the pitch side advertising boards at Tynecastle? IIRC it’s the time elapsed? Couldn’t find a photie. Wish we had one at Almondvale!

Following a bit of chat on our Livi thread, re: stadium upgrades, am I right in thinking there is a digital clock display in the pitch side advertising boards at Tynecastle? IIRC it’s the time elapsed? Couldn’t find a photie. Wish we had one at Almondvale!

Yes but irritatingly it stops at 90:00 so you don’t get to see how far into time added on

I assume there’s some regulation against it

Something's telling me the clock display only works during televised games - am I off my head? 

I don’t think you’re right about televised games

But I’m pretty sure there have been games where it’s been missing. Maybe it’s not there for cup games

ETA I’ve checked you tube and the cup games theory looks sound

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don’t think you’re right about televised games

But I’m pretty sure there have been games where it’s been missing. Maybe it’s not there for cup games

ETA I’ve checked you tube and the cup games theory looks sound

Sure it's cup games. Wasn't showing against St Mirren and that was on TV.

Hopefully have quite a few players back tomorrow, though I assume Souttar and Devlin will miss out. McEneff in for Woodburn is about the only change I'd make to the starting 11, he deserves a chance from the start in an attacking posiiton.

It was there when we played in the cup, think it was the last time I was at Tynecastle before that as well (which may or may not have also been in a cup)

I’ve just checked our cup tie against you on YouTube and it was there but it wasn’t for the quarter final

So we can discard that theory

20 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Yeah, that's what I always thought. Now it's the first thing I'll be checking tomorrow.

See, I'm not keen on clocks in stadiums as my eye is always drawn to it, and I only recall that happening in big games - hanging on to a lead or running out of time to get goals back, etc. 

I mind being shree nil up on celtic at Tynecastle, and tensing up in case we missed the penalty, constantly checking how long was left in case the c***s mounted a comeback! :lol:

3 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

See, I'm not keen on clocks in stadiums as my eye is always drawn to it, and I only recall that happening in big games - hanging on to a lead or running out of time to get goals back, etc. 

I mind being shree nil up on celtic at Tynecastle, and tensing up in case we missed the penalty, constantly checking how long was left in case the c***s mounted a comeback! :lol:

The only Hearts game I have ever been to where 3-0 up did not feel like enough.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

It would save me checking my phone or watch if I could just glance to the side of the park. Its not that I’m lazy ;)

On the game, we are missing Mr. Anderson for the foreseeable so our goal threat is reduced. This will be a tough nut to crack and I’m not overly confident.

No, you're not being singled out. He goes off on every thread at every team's fans including, most often, his own. 
On the wee **** thing, though, seeing as its been brought up now. It's not some malicious fabrication from Hibs or Celtic fans. It comes from the small minority of Hearts supporters who share the British identity politics of Rangers fans. I personally know a couple of Hearts fans who, while Hearts is definitely their primary team, they are open about their affinity for Rangers based on that shared political identity. The important context to that, though, is that I know many Hearts fans, probably into the high tens, and yet it's only a mere two among them with those ideas. 
Good comment to be fair there is a fair amount of arseholes in our fanbase that are quick to wave a Union Jack about, I dont personally know any Hearts fans in that category though, I've always found the more west our fans come from the more staunch they are.

18 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

On the wee **** thing, though, seeing as its been brought up now. It's not some malicious fabrication from Hibs or Celtic fans. It comes from the small minority of Hearts supporters who share the British identity politics of Rangers fans. I personally know a couple of Hearts fans who, while Hearts is definitely their primary team, they are open about their affinity for Rangers based on that shared political identity. The important context to that, though, is that I know many Hearts fans, probably into the high tens, and yet it's only a mere two among them with those ideas. 

Again, just for balance - while there will be some Hertz fans who identify with der ***, I know a Hertz fan who is staunch as f**k, goes on daft marches and all that, but absolutely hates rangers.

From my own point of view, I have no affinity for rangers and definitely don't share that political identity - judging by the rangers fans that post on P & B, most of them seem to be tories and massive monarchists - the P & B equivalent of Giles & Mary off Gogglebox. 

Anyway, good for us that Anderson is out, and Livi are a nightmare to play against.

Gonnae gies:

Gordon

Atkinson, Halkett, Kingsley, Halliday

McEneff - Haring - Baningime - McKay

Simms - Boyce

Subs: Stewart, Sibbick, Moore, Cochrane, Woodburn, GMS, Ginnelly, and a couple of young lads on the bench for experience.

36 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

I'd be happy to shitfest our way to 0-0.  

I hope Martindale doesn't start with the same line up as he did against Celtic.  As others have said, no point in having Soto on the bench, surely he should play in place of Anderson, Shinnie is a dead loss. 

Yeah with the squad we have now, Shinnie is an expensive wage that is surplus to requirement, whatever position he plays, we've  players that can do a better job than him playing there. Not even sure what his role is now, plays deeper in midfield and seems to drift about the place not doing much. 

Hearts looked to have bowled St Mirren over a bit. St Mirren are very solid defensively so to have done that shows how good Hearts were. They commit so many players forward when they attack and its high tempo, mostly down the wings.

I want Livi to stay very narrow and compact in our defensive shape. McKay and Woodburn kept very wide starting positions and that stretched St Mirren out which created more space inside that Baningime and Haring exploited for their goals. Hearts full backs also bomb on when the play is down their side and Halliday especially likes to underlap. So I want us to defend in a narrow block so that space for Haring/Baningime is reduced and so their full backs have to overlap rather than make runs inside. We defend crosses well so I want to see us just allow Woodburn and McKay to receive the ball wide and focus on leaving no space for them to dribble infield. That will just force crosses instead from them or their full backs. Hopefully bog the game down first half, keeping match tempo low and stop Hearts clicking into gear.

Second half will be easier for us to play a bit. Will be able to open up more. Our attacking strategy will be mainly Forrest and Pittman combining with Nouble. Hopefully Omeonga and Holt can keep some possession and that'll allow Penrice and Devlin to attack. Good potential options from the bench too. Soto, Bailey, Montaño are all dangerous counter attackers.

Playing a back 5 with Boyes or McMillan coming in for Shinnie might happen. Then it'd be Nouble and Forrest up front.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not even sure what his role is now, plays deeper in midfield and seems to drift about the place not doing much. 

D'you know if Sibbald is actually available to play? I've seen him listed on the bench in some recent matches but I don't know if he's just there for morale purposes and is still not fully fit. If he is available, he'd be my pick to replace Shinnie in the line up and play right attack for us. I'm a big fan of him and think he's ideal for that position.

Edit: Oops, forgot he came on last match against Celtic. Well anyway, if I was picking the team he'd be in it tomorrow but Martindale likely has other plans.

Edited by FreedomFarter