Hearts V Livi

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

like vintage Brewster and Crawford

Great blast from the past reference 😄 Shame there'll be no Dunfermline fans reading this thread to appreciate it.

On 15/03/2022 at 11:14, spiggle said:

Here's the plan Hearts. You guys roll over to us on Saturday and Ross County after that. Then on week 33, you beat Hibs, preventing them from getting into the top 6 and then put them out of the cup. 

We're happy, you guys are happy and Hibs go back to being the useless jobbers we all know and can't stand. 

On 15/03/2022 at 11:39, Cptn Hooch said:

This is the way

See the source image

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Bruce Anderson is unavailable (injured) for Livi. That means Nouble will probably play centre forward. 

You're probably right but it would be good to see Nouble stay on the wing; though during the cup game he was very quickly moved from the wing into the middle of our 5-5-0. Shelling long balls up to him seems like it will be the go-to.

Would like to see Soto up front, or even Bailey/Forrest with the other one on the left wing.

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

You're probably right but it would be good to see Nouble stay on the wing; though during the cup game he was very quickly moved from the wing into the middle of our 5-5-0. Shelling long balls up to him seems like it will be the go-to.

Would like to see Soto up front, or even Bailey/Forrest with the other one on the left wing.

The cup game was a real stinker so any change from that would be welcome

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The cup game was a real stinker so any change from that would be welcome

Dunno, i'd take another 0-0, or us sneaking one in off the post this time.

Yeah Nouble has to stay on the wing, be as well playing Shinnie up front as Nouble, both are about as useful playing there. Forrest has shown he can play as a striker, but Sotto should be given a  go, or why have we signed him. 

28 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gives everyone a boost just by being so handsome.

True, but on the playing side i'd like to see him starting if Anderson is injured. Otherwise stick Forrest up front, with Nouble back on the left  and Bailey on the right, in a front 3.

*We all know Forrest will shoot whenever he gets sight of goals, so he at least gives us a goal threat as a No9. Shinnie and Nouble just aren't strikers/goal scorers/No9's, so for the love of of all things Livi Mr Martindale, gonny no play either of them there., 

**Oh and double edit. Obileye is scoring with a header in this game, has had 2 free headers in the last 2 games, one went over the bar, next hit the bar, this one is going in the back of the net, certainty.  Just don't let him take a penalty now.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did all your ancestors support Hearts, and all Hearts supporters always supported Hearts, because i know a few Hearts fans that didn't, So your point?

Now I seen everything L4E sticking up for JD - sheeeesh!

Hearts play an attacking 4-4-2 with inverted wingers then overlapping full backs. That means our wide attackers will be forced back when Hearts have possession. You don't want Nouble having to begin from such a low starting position each time we get the ball. He'll instead be needed as the high target to aim for when we get it. So I think he'll start centre forward rather than Soto and the wide attackers will be Forrest plus probably Shinnie again. It's a shame Montaño isn't more used to playing on the right as he would ideally balance wide attack with Forrest on the left. Martindale maybe feels Bailey is just a little too similar to Forrest to pair with him in a tough match like Hearts away. He might want a bit more defensive cover and positional stability from one of his wide attackers to allow the other (Forrest) to attack more freely.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did all your ancestors support Hearts, and all Hearts supporters always supported Hearts, because i know a few Hearts fans that didn't, So your point?

All of my ancestors on my Dad’s side supported Hearts from the time there were supporters, yes.

My point is that a Livi fan who takes sides in a debate about Edinburgh club rivalry or gives it the wee **** pish is probably a former Hibs/Celtic supporter, or spawned by one.

All of my ancestors on my Dad’s side supported Hearts from the time there were supporters, yes.
My point is that a Livi fan who takes sides in a debate about Edinburgh club rivalry or gives it the wee **** pish is probably a former Hibs/Celtic supporter, or spawned by one.

I thought that hibs being called “vanilla” by a Livingston fan was the slightly cheekier part.

23 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

No, you're not being singled out. He goes off on every thread at every team's fans including, most often, his own. 

On the wee **** thing, though, seeing as its been brought up now. It's not some malicious fabrication from Hibs or Celtic fans. It comes from the small minority of Hearts supporters who share the British identity politics of Rangers fans. I personally know a couple of Hearts fans who, while Hearts is definitely their primary team, they are open about their affinity for Rangers based on that shared political identity. The important context to that, though, is that I know many Hearts fans, probably into the high tens, and yet it's only a mere two among them with those ideas. 

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hearts fans can’t afford the fare to Govan to follow their big team so just bring all the sectarian pish to their little swamp in Gorgie.

Livingston fans follow their local club without being a tribute act to one half of the auld firm.