Cheltenham Festival 2022

just me 2

Put this ew treble on without noticing anything about enhanced odds or being being win only, Mrs Milner came 3rd which I'm pretty sure counted as a place. I would have to have been insane to knowingly double my stake if only one out of 3, the one with the lowest odds, would actually pay out on a place. Worth an appeal or am I just a fool?

image.thumb.png.368124a907826483177f80fdcdae8437.png

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Put this ew treble on without noticing anything about enhanced odds or being being win only, Mrs Milner came 3rd which I'm pretty sure counted as a place. I would have to have been insane to knowingly double my stake if only one out of 3, the one with the lowest odds, would actually pay out on a place. Worth an appeal or am I just a fool?

image.thumb.png.368124a907826483177f80fdcdae8437.png

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2/3 yesterday on what would have been a 20/1 treble. Constitution Hill and Honeysuckle being let down by telmesomethinggirl.
Sir Gerhard and Shiskin an obvious double but unlikely to get anyone rich. Stage Star as an each way shout in the first as well.
Edit; Could add Fecile Vega to the double to up the odds a bit but never usually like betting on the last race of the day…

Small profit yesterday due to Corach Rambler winning and an unexpected Skybet boost on Honeysuckle but still not sure how Gaelic Warrior blew his race which would have made it a much better day.

Will probably take the Sir Gerhard / Shiskin double and then a selections from the following shortlisted horses:

1.30 - Three Stripe Life / I Am Maximus

2.10 - L'Homme Presse /Ahoy Senor / Dusart

2.50 - Unexpected Party / The Shunter / Ashdale Bob / The Bosses Oscar

3.30 - Funambule Sivola (each way or without Shiskin)

4.10 - Prengarde / Shady Operator / Potters Corner (although if Tiger drifts then I could see me backing him instead)

4.50 - Sky Pirate / Embittered / Elixir de Nutz

5.30 - Redemption Day / Houlonbatordechais

Smaller amount of antepost ones to follow today with the best chance one being Shiskin / Facile Vega.

39 minutes ago, rydo1982 said:

Small profit yesterday due to Corach Rambler winning and an unexpected Skybet boost on Honeysuckle but still not sure how Gaelic Warrior blew his race which would have made it a much better day.

Will probably take the Sir Gerhard / Shiskin double and then a selections from the following shortlisted horses:

1.30 - Three Stripe Life / I Am Maximus

2.10 - L'Homme Presse /Ahoy Senor / Dusart

2.50 - Unexpected Party / The Shunter / Ashdale Bob / The Bosses Oscar

3.30 - Funambule Sivola (each way or without Shiskin)

4.10 - Prengarde / Shady Operator / Potters Corner (although if Tiger drifts then I could see me backing him instead)

4.50 - Sky Pirate / Embittered / Elixir de Nutz

5.30 - Redemption Day / Houlonbatordechais

Smaller amount of antepost ones to follow today with the best chance one being Shiskin / Facile Vega.

Cheers for that. I should really have posted this bet in the free money thread.. :lol: 50p ew Yankee.

image.png.06d60411bbfc9d8c5319300c50d066f6.png

Lucky 15 E/W  -

L'Homme Presse 2.10

Drop The Anchor 2.50

Before Midnight 4.50

Redemption Day 5.30

Whatdeawant to win without Three Stripes Life and Sir Gerhard @ 5/1

Tiger Roll @ 5/2 

Good luck.

Can someone please be so kind to explain to me what the deal is with this bet? 

I put it on each way at 40/1. It said I'd win £25 but the horse came second and it's paid out £5. 

Do you only get the full winnings if the horse wins? If that's the case how do I even know what the payout for each way is when I put on the bet? Seems a bit of a farce. 

Screenshot_20220316-154334_bet365.jpg

12 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I put it on each way at 40/1. It said I'd win £25 but the horse came second and it's paid out £5. 

Do you only get the full winnings if the horse wins? If that's the case how do I even know what the payout for each way is when I put on the bet? Seems a bit of a farce. 

You only get the full winnings if the horse wins. You can work out how much the each way payout is if you look at the place odds. 1/4 for the first 2 places.

A 1/4 of 40 is 10, so it was effectively 10/1 to finish in the places.

11 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You've £0.5 on it to win at 40/1 and £0.5 on it to place at 10/1. The place odds are the win odds divided by 4 in this case shown in your summary beneath the horses name.

£0.5 x10 + £0.5 gives you your £5.50. £25 would've been your returns had it won. 

5 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

You only get the full winnings if the horse wins. You can work out how much the each way payout is if you look at the place odds. 1/4 for the first 2 places.

A 1/4 of 40 is 10, so it was effectively 10/1 to finish in the places.

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

You've £0.5 on it to win at 40/1 and £0.5 on it to place at 10/1. The place odds are the win odds divided by 4 in this case shown in your summary beneath the horses name.

£0.5 x10 + £0.5 gives you your £5.50. £25 would've been your returns had it won. 

Cheers lads. I understand now but still feel like I've been robbed. I think they should make it a lot clearer by displaying the returns for if it places. I thought you got the same return if it won or placed.

Had I known this I wouldn't have put on half the bets I have because the payouts are actually shite.

Lesson learned! 

9 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Cheers lads. I understand now but still feel like I've been robbed. I think they should make it a lot clearer by displaying the returns for if it places. I thought you got the same return if it won or placed.

Had I known this I wouldn't have put on half the bets I have because the payouts are actually shite.

Lesson learned! 

Aye, it can be a bit confusing if you're not used to it, especially if you're trying to say, work out how much the eachway payout is on 17/2 with 1/5 the odds.

Online bookies do place markets too, so you can also check those for an idea of how much the each way part will pay, or just bet in that market instead.

Screenshot_20220316-161505_bet365.thumb.jpg.40e835acc20e8628688f332561e76203.jpg