Scottish cup semi final draw

tazz1903

2 hours ago, Lex said:

You never heard the Hearts songbook on Saturday night then?

Appalling I'm sure and doubtless Hearts have more than their fair share of morons but the Edinburgh fixture is not the festival of bigotry that the Old Firm game is. Old Firm fans, all adult ones anyway, at best tolerate the secterianism and bigotry associated with these clubs with a wry shake of the head. The "oh well, it's not pleasant but it's a safety valve, so no harm done" argument. At worst  they revel in it . I can't believe any of them truly detest it or why would they support either of these clubs ?

12 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Appalling I'm sure and doubtless Hearts have more than their fair share of morons but the Edinburgh fixture is not the festival of bigotry that the Old Firm game is. Old Firm fans, all adult ones anyway, at best tolerate the secterianism and bigotry associated with these clubs with a wry shake of the head. The "oh well, it's not pleasant but it's a safety valve, so no harm done" argument. At worst  they revel in it . I can't believe any of them truly detest it or why would they support either of these clubs ?

I don't care for it, but it hardly bothers me. I'm more annoyed that people from Paisley support these clubs instead of their local team. When Celtic last visited there were lots of local neds holding cash aloft in the hope of a ticket for the away end. I find it infuriating, but it was good fun standing amongst them at St. James Station, with a big cheesy grin on my coupon, after we held them to a goalless draw. They were seething. :) 

I find it difficult to 'hate' supporters of fellow diddy clubs, to be honest - even followers of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs (who aren't really that diddy). But the latter to have a sectarian element, like it or not.