Kilmarnock v QOTS

The only thing that I saw today that was in your words  “batshit crazy” was the idiotic decision to dramatically reduce the width of the pitch on both sides. Presumably this was done while you were in the Premier League to drag better teams down to the same level as you? 

The problem is that you have comfortably the biggest budget in this league, should have the best squad and surely it would make sense to make the pitch as big as possible to take advantage of having better players. Strange indeed - don’t not know who thought that was a good idea.

The pitch has been the same width since we put it down.

2 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I would say at the end of the game Queens were unlucky not to hold on for a draw. However, we were incredibly lucky that it was only 1-0 when we equalised.

Kilmarnock were the better team but the saves Rae made were fairly routine and at no point did it look like Killie had it in them to take the game away.

Until we did you mean?

Far from a sterling performance but couldn’t give two monkeys nuts at this stage. All that matters is chalking up the win. Should have been up 3-0 by half time, obvious that Queens could only improve from where they were and scored from a really nice counter attack. Wee Burkey comes on and normal service resumed. Pleased for Shaw to score as he’s missed some amount of chances but was there when it mattered and didn’t let it affect him. 

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

You didnt though

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure when the ref blew the final whistle our 2 goals beat your 1 goal and ensured 3pts to the home team? At that point I would conclude “we took the game away from you”. But I’d be interested to hear the counter argument 🤔

2 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure when the ref blew the final whistle our 2 goals beat your 1 goal and ensured 3pts to the home team? At that point I would conclude “we took the game away from you”. But I’d be interested to hear the counter argument 🤔

That was you winning the game. Taking the game away would have been going more than one goal up and not giving Queens any way back.

5 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

That was you winning the game. Taking the game away would have been going more than one goal up and not giving Queens any way back.

Has a team never come back from a 2 or 3 goal deficit before?

Today when it went 2-1 the game was gone for Queens, heads were down, no further chances created. The final whistle only confirmed this fact. But if you believe the game wasn’t taken away fair dos champ. Good luck for rest of the season, I think you’ll need it. 

First off I have absolutely zero idea what made Willie think playing Niyah Joseph in centre midfield was ever going to be a good idea. First thirty minutes we couldn’t string two passes together and the ball was just coming back as quick as we could clear it. Apart from Roys shot that was well saved we did nothing of note, Rae kept the score down although he didn’t really pull off any saves I wouldn’t have expected from him. 

Second half it was like a different team had appeared, instead of sitting in we got the game by the scruff of the neck and pressed a bit higher up the pitch. In turn that brought a few mistakes from the Killie defence and keeper with their passing. Will need to see the highlights to see how close Johnstons chance was at 1-1, looked a great opportunity but from high up behind the goals was difficult to tell how close he came, should have been working the keeper. People mentioning a foul on Todd just before the winner, I thought he had ran out of ideas and was praying someone was going to bring him down before just falling down, surprised he wasn’t booked for diving. Then again the referee missed possibly the clearest yellow card I have ever seen when Todd skipped past McGinn breaking in to space in the opposition half and McGinn just pulled his shirt. 

I don’t think Killie could have had any real complaints had we held on for a point, they were pretty dreadful in the second half and we had them on the ropes for a 15/20 minute spell where one or two chances fell to the wrong men. 

9 minutes ago, Casual Observer said:

Has a team never come back from a 2 or 3 goal deficit before?

Today when it went 2-1 the game was gone for Queens, heads were down, no further chances created. The final whistle only confirmed this fact. But if you believe the game wasn’t taken away fair dos champ. Good luck for rest of the season, I think you’ll need it. 

Sigh. 

Taking the game away requires a comfortable lead and a level of control over the game for a sustained period, not scoring a late winner. 

3 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

Sigh. 

Taking the game away requires a comfortable lead and a level of control over the game for a sustained period, not scoring a late winner. 

Whatever pal. I’m pretty sure Killie’s players were celebrating taking the game away with the points 👍

our fans were. 

8 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Has it aye?

The pitch was laid in summer 2019 before the game we hate to talk about. The old one was ripped up then as it was done. It’s been the same dimensions since after our inglorious “European run” of one tie! It had to be bigger for UEFA regulations but domestically it’s always been that since being laid. So, Aye it has

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

That was the old pitch, it's a new one now, apart from being altered for the game against CQN in Europe, it has remained the same dimensions since being laid.

16 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

That was the old pitch, it's a new one now, apart from being altered for the game against CQN in Europe, it has remained the same dimensions since being laid.

2 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

The pitch was laid in summer 2019 before the game we hate to talk about. The old one was ripped up then as it was done. It’s been the same dimensions since after our inglorious “European run” of one tie! It had to be bigger for UEFA regulations but domestically it’s always been that since being laid. So, Aye it has

So this pitch hasn’t been altered but the old one was ? I’m assuming there was never such a gap between stand and touch line when it was a grass pitch ? So over the years Kilmarnock have shortened/ narrowed the dimensions of their pitch ? 

9 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Killie were pretty garbage to be fair...

9 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Lucky to get 12 points from the 4 encounters....

9 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

The only thing that I saw today that was in your words  “batshit crazy” was the idiotic decision to dramatically reduce the width of the pitch on both sides. Presumably this was done while you were in the Premier League to drag better teams down to the same level as you? 

The problem is that you have comfortably the biggest budget in this league, should have the best squad and surely it would make sense to make the pitch as big as possible to take advantage of having better players. Strange indeed - don’t not know who thought that was a good idea.

3 hours ago, Broony88 said:

So this pitch hasn’t been altered but the old one was ? I’m assuming there was never such a gap between stand and touch line when it was a grass pitch ? So over the years Kilmarnock have shortened/ narrowed the dimensions of their pitch ? 

It’s just 3 points lads. 

4 hours ago, Broony88 said:

We narrowed the pitch slightly about 2016 or 2017 as I recall. It had already been the artificial surface by this point. I've no idea why we didn't widen it for this season tbh, it's been a bit of a bone of contention on our own boards. 

As far as yesterday's game went its another one chalked off for us. We really let the tempo slip in the second half and almost paid a heavy price for it. Story of the season really. 

I've always had a soft spot for Queens, and like to see all the SW teams doing well. Hope you guys can stay up this season. 

16 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

You just can't beat a good old pitch dimension debate, eh? Lovely day out there btw ...

Indeed. I guess it’s a change from the crowd w**k stuff we used to endure when Falkirk were in the  Championship. TBF that was many years ago of course 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer