Kilmarnock v QOTS

11 hours ago, Fide said:

I’m starting to get nervous. Utterly utterly totally must win game. 

I'm genuinely concerned for your welfare (and I mean that sincerely) - if you're nervous about playing a QOS side on your own patch that's propping up the table and that's missing three forward thinking creative players through injury and another forward cos he isn't able to play his parent club ... then you're going to be a nervous mess in just about every game Killie play.   This is a bang on 3 pointer for Killie - if McInnes doesn't have the cigars out by half time then even Einstein's general theory of relativity will be open to question.

7 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm genuinely concerned for your welfare (and I mean that sincerely) - if you're nervous about playing a QOS side on your own patch that's propping up the table and that's missing three forward thinking creative players through injury and another forward cos he isn't able to play his parent club ... then you're going to be a nervous mess in just about every game Killie play.   This is a bang on 3 pointer for Killie - if McInnes doesn't have the cigars out by half time then even Einstein's general theory of relativity will be open to question.

I’ve supported Killie for well over 30 years and that’s why I’m nervous. In a must win game, Kilmarnock FC have the capability to slip up against anyone. I mean ANYONE. 

Edited by Fide

24 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I have heard said Relativity theory is incomplete- string theory, quantum theory etc. I don’t pretend I understand it. But I think our league challenge is incomplete just yet, so I suppose yes, we need to win just to prove Einstein was thorough and correct after all.

We’re the team that lost 2-0 at home to Connahs Quay……

38 minutes ago, Fide said:

I’ve supported Killie for well over 30 years and that’s why I’m nervous. In a must win game, Kilmarnock FC have the capability to slip up against anyone. I mean ANYONE. 

OK ... I'll see your 30 years and raise you another 21 years (that's 51 years of watching QOS) - hence my conviction that a home win has never been more certain.

17 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

I have heard said Relativity theory is incomplete- string theory, quantum theory etc. I don’t pretend I understand it. But I think our league challenge is incomplete just yet, so I suppose yes, we need to win just to prove Einstein was thorough and correct after all.

Well, yes ... but I've seen an article this week (from a Professor W. Gibson) which said that a new "hairy black hole" theory (no shit, that's what its called!) claims to have resolved the (Stephen Hawking) paradox by bridging the gap between general relativity and quantum mechanics.  The notion of quantum hair allows information about what goes into a black hole to come out again without violating any of the important principles of either theory.  Apparently it is a simple and elegant solution ... apparently ... and would appear to bridge the gap to Kilmarnock's league title ambitions.

22 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

We’re the team that lost 2-0 at home to Connahs Quay……

Aye ... and can you imagine what that Connahs Quay side would do to this QOS side?

Edited by Otis Blue

You genuinely think this is a "must win" for Killie? Are you saying you're conceding the league today unless you beat us?

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You genuinely think this is a "must win" for Killie? Are you saying you're conceding the league today unless you beat us?

I don’t think “must win” equates to conceding the league if we don’t, but we need to at least maintain the gap v Arbroath or even extend it. It’s definitely a must win. 

I don’t think “must win” equates to conceding the league if we don’t, but we need to at least maintain the gap v Arbroath or even extend it. It’s definitely a must win. 
So if you lose your "must win" game today, what does that mean?

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think what Fide means is that in terms of maintaining Killie's league title challenge, a home game against a team at the backside of the table has to be viewed as a "must win" from their perspective ... and I get that.

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, yes ... but I've seen an article this week (from a Professor W. Gibson) which said that a new "hairy black hole" theory (no shit, that's what its called!) claims to have resolved the (Stephen Hawking) paradox by bridging the gap between general relativity and quantum mechanics.  The notion of quantum hair allows information about what goes into a black hole to come out again without violating any of the important principles of either theory.  Apparently it is a simple and elegant solution ... apparently ... and would appear to bridge the gap to Kilmarnock's league title ambitions.

I seen the hairy theory thing as well. Physicists like funny names don’t they? String theory, entanglement, uncertainty ( yes I am when I read it), wave particle duality - I need some solpadene just reading the names!

Edited by NFL12

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

I seen the hairy theory thing as well. Physicists like funny names don’t they? String theory, entanglement, uncertainty ( yes I am when I read it), wave particle duality - I need some solpadene just reading the names!

I'd like to claim that I understood it, but I don't, I'm too thick!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Fide said:

So if you lose your "must win" game today, what does that mean?

Em, I think that means we don’t win it.."….

1 minute ago, Homer Thompson said:

Anyone watching the stream and getting pictures from the ground? Ive just had a graphic with no sound since it went live

I'm getting a big Killie TV graphic with no sound.  Maybe the stream hasn't started?