Kilmarnock v QOTS

17 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Indeed. I guess it’s a change from the crowd w**k stuff we used to endure when Falkirk were in the  Championship. TBF that was many years ago of course 

Falkirk's last goal in the Championship was scored by Kevin McAllister*.  True story.

*Not Home Alone, there was an enormous crowd there.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

You just can't beat a good old pitch dimension debate, eh? Lovely day out there btw ...

If the pitch was on an accelerating spaceship and the observer was stationary would it appear to be getting wider. That’s the the real question Otis.

10 hours ago, Broony88 said:

the referee missed possibly the clearest yellow card I have ever seen when Todd skipped past McGinn breaking in to space in the opposition half and McGinn just pulled his shirt. 

A definite booking, you’re right, but I thought the ref let a lot go yesterday and there could have been other bookings for both teams, Gibson in particular was lucky with two ‘rash’ challenges, one in each half. Overall the ref did well IMO letting the game run.

18 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

If the pitch was on an accelerating spaceship and the observer was stationary would it appear to be getting wider. That’s the the real question Otis.

Depends if its heading towards or away from you. 

Anyway, just seen a still photo of the shot for Killie’s first goal, Queens defender actually ducks out of the way of the shot, pea heart defending. The Killie second goal isn't really a break away as such imo as some are saying. After Todd's "penalty" claim is turned down Killie do break upfield but Cochrane got possession back, instead of punting it to safety he plays a hospital pass to N'diti who was dispossessed leading to the goal. That's my recollection anyway. Overall a fair result I think. I was more pleased with the attitude and work rate of Queens compared to our last two games which softened the outcome a bit. We need to carry the same attitude into our last six games though. 

At least our fans came away with something yesterday even if it was just free pies. Nice touch too that they were selling empire biscuits with the away teams badge on it. 

Onward to the next challenge for QoS. 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

A definite booking, you’re right, but I thought the ref let a lot go yesterday and there could have been other bookings for both teams, Gibson in particular was lucky with two ‘rash’ challenges, one in each half. Overall the ref did well IMO letting the game run.

The second one was a definite yellow, the one in the first half from behind the goal looked like Willie clearly got the ball but maybe had to come through the man to do so ? From our angle it looked a great challenge and probably was a few years ago. 

3 hours ago, NFL12 said:

Hmm ..... or might it be ageing differently to the observer?

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Depends if its heading towards or away from you. 

Anyway, just seen a still photo of the shot for Killie’s first goal, Queens defender actually ducks out of the way of the shot, pea heart defending. The Killie second goal isn't really a break away as such imo as some are saying. After Todd's "penalty" claim is turned down Killie do break upfield but Cochrane got possession back, instead of punting it to safety he plays a hospital pass to N'diti who was dispossessed leading to the goal. That's my recollection anyway. Overall a fair result I think. I was more pleased with the attitude and work rate of Queens compared to our last two games which softened the outcome a bit. We need to carry the same attitude into our last six games though. 

At least our fans came away with something yesterday even if it was just free pies. Nice touch too that they were selling empire biscuits with the away teams badge on it. 

Onward to the next challenge for QoS. 

Wish I'd known about the free pies and i love Empire biscuits...