Kilmarnock v QOTS

It goes without saying that both teams will view this as must win. 
It’s all in our hands now. If we get more points than Arbroath between now and the end of the season, we’re champs.
We can’t slip up, especially after the Carlsberg-esque results going our way this weekend. 

I expect a tough game, but we’re more than capable of winning this with a bit to spare. 
2-0 to the mighty should continue the prem promotion push. 

Guest Flash
2 minutes ago, Fide said:

It’s all in our hands now. If we get more points than Arbroath between now and the end of the season, we’re champs.
We can’t slip up, especially after the Carlsberg-esque results going our way this weekend. 

I expect a tough game, but we’re more than capable of winning this with a bit to spare. 

Don’t.

35 minutes ago, Flash said:

Don’t.

Really? I thought Queens had picked up?

Essential to build on Fridays result with another win - think the wee team will go up to Arbroath and clownshoe a result to inadvertently give us yet another boost, if we win here the gap will be 4/5 with six matches left. No getting back from that for the lichties. I'm sure they'll take it well...

Like others have said, both sides will view this as a game that they simply must win - a draw is absolutely nae use to either side. Obviously we're looking for Arbroath to slip up further, but we need to come out and take the game by the scruff of the neck like we did in the first half on Friday. It'd also be nice to stay in control as it looked at times like we were about to shíte the bed against ten men. 

I've never been a fan of the cliché about every game being a cup final when teams need to win, but it's getting close to that territory now. This league is full of surprises and I wouldn't be surprised if there's more to come in the run-in. 

Add to that, I've got a wee soft spot for Queens and don't want to see you guys go down - but at times like these you get selfish and you don't care who the opposition are when you're needing to grab as many points as possible. Hope that you guys can sort things out and do the business - after this weekend, however.

9 hours ago, Fide said:

If you score first you will win.

If we score first you'll still likely win.

1 hour ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Being massive outsiders and Gibson/Murray not wanting a defeat at their former club.

Aye 'cos that's how football works. 

We'll have to massively up our energy and performance levels from Saturday if we've to have the slightest chance of stopping Kilmarnock from getting 4 from 4 wins over us this season. Scoring opportunities will be scarce so we'll have to be clinical in front of goal and switched on defensively. We desperately need wins but any point gained against the title favourites would be great. 

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye 'cos that's how football works. 

We'll have to massively up our energy and performance levels from Saturday if we've to have the slightest chance of stopping Kilmarnock from getting 4 from 4 wins over us this season. Scoring opportunities will be scarce so we'll have to be clinical in front of goal and switched on defensively. We desperately need wins but any point gained against the title favourites would be great. 

Do you reckon not having big Innes will hamper your goal scoring chances? 

He's as much a goal threat as I am. I can't recall him assiting many either.

Tbf I don't think he's quite as shite as when he first joined. He does put himself about a bit, wins his fair share of headers and gives players an out ball. But in regards to being a goal threat he's almost anonymous on that front.

34 minutes ago, Fide said:

Given his goals return I would say no. It might actually make us play more football on the deck, if we can get hold of the ball that is, rather than lumping it forward for him to flick-on to usually no-one. His height might be missed at corners and set pieces both for and against us. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Fide said:

I think the other 5 first choice players that are likely to be out are more of a problem tbh. Gibson’s team was more or less coping with McKay, Cochrane and Connelly being out (as well as Cameron in the Diddy Cup) but losing McGrory and Fitzpatrick as well has made the situation much worse.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Given his goals return I would say no. It might actually make us play more football on the deck, if we can get hold of the ball that is, rather than lumping it forward for him to flick-on to usually no-one. His height might be missed at corners and set pieces both for and against us. 

Hopefully Connelly is back - he has more goals in him than Cameron and generally brings more to the team.   They looked like they were forming a decent partnership as a front two before Cameron was recalled in January but have barely played together since Cameron's return due to Connelly's injury.

I suppose if Gibson really wants a big man to run about up front but not look like scoring he could play East there and either recall Nditi or Debayo (God help us if he does the latter) to the back line or even fill in there himself, but I very much doubt any of that's going to happen. 

If Connelly is fit enough to start, maybe pair him up with Paton or even Folarin rather than Junior, and please keep Ally Roy on the bench for dire emergency use only, Wullie!

Got massive respect for Queens as a club, I really hope you stay up, but Killie really need to stamp our authority at the top of the league and get the 3 points. The juggernaut has stalled all season, its got a wee bit of momentum now, we've just got to push on. 

As Fide opened with, win everything and we're champions. Simple, eh? If only..

I doubt if the above will happen, but at the same time we could go to Gayfield with the result being meaningless. This league has been mental throughout the season, and I don't reckon that will change much in the run-in.

What is shite is having the last three games on Friday nights* - late-season games in the spring sunshine deserve (nay, demand) a 3pm Saturday Kick-off. We should be dancing in the streets of Raith, right enough, but when you've got to get out of Fife in the dark it's a long way from ideal.

*..and I say that as someone who has to rely on streams/iPlayer to watch the team these days, before anyone mentions my attendance record over the last few years.

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As Fide opened with, win everything and we're champions. Simple, eh? If only..

I doubt if the above will happen, but at the same time we could go to Gayfield with the result being meaningless. This league has been mental throughout the season, and I don't reckon that will change much in the run-in.

What is shite is having the last three games on Friday nights* - late-season games in the spring sunshine deserve (nay, demand) a 3pm Saturday Kick-off. We should be dancing in the streets of Raith, right enough, but when you've got to get out of Fife in the dark it's a long way from ideal.

*..and I say that as someone who has to rely on streams/iPlayer to watch the team these days, before anyone mentions my attendance record over the last few years.

I agree with most of that, however, two Friday nights in Arbroath are more than enough for me without adding a third. Arbroath game’s at home mate.