Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

No mention of the blatant shove in the back of Doran in the box which actually caused him to leather into MacDonald and injure him I see.  A stonewall penalty.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No mention of the blatant shove in the back of Doran in the box which actually caused him to leather into MacDonald and injure him I see.  A stonewall penalty.

Clocked that at the game. Looked like Williamson gave him a barge in the back to send him flying. Really should have been a penalty and a red card to Willamson.

Any word on MacDonald? Sad to see him go off. Always enjoy giving him a bit of banter about the Scottish Cup final and he always takes it well. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread he's one of the good guys in the game up here.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Clocked that at the game. Looked like Williamson gave him a barge in the back to send him flying. Really should have been a penalty and a red card to Willamson.

Any word on MacDonald? Sad to see him go off. Always enjoy giving him a bit of banter about the Scottish Cup final and he always takes it well. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread he's one of the good guys in the game up here.

Nothing concrete, but Mcglynn hinted post game it didn't look as bad as first feared. 

39 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Nothing concrete, but Mcglynn hinted post game it didn't look as bad as first feared. 

McDonald walk onto the pitch in the background during McGlynn's interview, as someone else has pointed out. Maybe a little of a hobble but nothing serious looking. And hopefully Berra's injury isn't too bad - he looked as if he was hoping to play on at first.

That was my first game in a while and I was a fucking seething mess at the end of it. 🤣

Highlights pretty much confirm my rage was justified. Bene's tackle was daft but if that's a red card then the games fucked. He goes in from the side and clearly doesn't catch Broadfoot as he's up scrapping with him almost immediately. Broadfoot puts the head into him and starts the handbags. Book them both and move on.

Samuels on later on is worse, he's going straight on with Connolly and his studs are shin high. Given what had preceded it, giving only a yellow is absolutely honking refereeing. 

Williamsons first and second yellows are both a joke. The second one he is tripped up then shoved 😂. He probably could have been sent off for the MacDonald incident however I'm fairly sure that was offside anyway. If it wasn't it's more honking refereeing.

Poplatniks deflected shot for a Bye Kick, the foul on Varian leading up to the winner, the fucking lucky deflection for the equaliser, the late foul on Bene that went unpunished, losing our goalie, losing our player of the season, 2-1 to 2-3 at the death..... Yip, as I said a seething mess by the end of it.😂

Love it though. :) 

The Benedictus red was correct, the Broadfoot yellow was correct, the Samuels yellow was correct, Williamson should've had a straight red for the foul in the box on Doran, there was no foul in the lead up to the winner, the boy fell over his own legs.  

But apart from that, good post.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Benedictus red was correct, the Broadfoot yellow was correct, the Samuels yellow was correct, Williamson should've had a straight red for the foul in the box on Doran, there was no foul in the lead up to the winner, the boy fell over his own legs.  

But apart from that, good post.

Nope, you can't have a different outcome for the Bene and Samuels tackles. That's just inconsistent pish, they're either both yellow's or both red's.

5 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Nope, you can't have a different outcome for the Bene and Samuels tackles. That's just inconsistent pish, they're either both yellow's or both red's.

What? The tackles are clearly different. Benedictus jumps in and Samuels slides in. One is dangerous play and one isn’t. The referee saw it that way too. 

It looks (and I stress looks) like maybe Williamson has a little kick out at McAlear as they roll over each other after they collided which brought about the second yellow.

Edited by RiG

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

No mention of it because that's just bollocks.

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

There's a clear shove in the back with no intent to play the ball. You're all happy to bitch and whine about the ref when the decisions go against you, that was a pretty big call that went for you.

Also, could Raith players in future just, you know, stop lunging in on their opponents?  They'd be far better off IMO.

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Good to hear.

9 minutes ago, Yoss said:

It really isn't. In the highlights at 2:35 you can clearly see Williamson come across and crash into Doran from the back / side sending him into MacDonald.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

There's a clear shove in the back with no intent to play the ball. You're all happy to bitch and whine about the ref when the decisions go against you, that was a pretty big call that went for you.

Also, could Raith players in future just, you know, stop lunging in on their opponents?  They'd be far better off IMO.

Next time we’ll just say it was a slide tackle.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Next time we’ll just say it was a slide tackle.

You can do, unfortunately its how the lad in the middle with the cards and whistle sees it, brother.

14 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Dougie Hill and Josh Falkingham immediately comes to mind:

Tempers fly in loco derby - PressReader

Aye, that was the one that popped into my head as well. Admittedly that’s not what Broadfoot did though, as Dougie Hill was attempting to squeeze the life out of Falkinghnam. (Which at the time I was okay with) 

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You can do, unfortunately its how the lad in the middle with the cards and whistle sees it, brother.

That is an issue. They can be a bit erratic. Ah well, hopefully I’ll see us out Inverness to the sword before I snuff it.

I had that spiel that that Norwegian lad did when they beat England b*****dised and everything…

We are the best! We are the best! We have beaten Inverness! It is completely unbelievable! We have beaten Inverness! Inverness, birthplace of Nessie! Billy Dodds, Ross Tokely, SuperCaleyGoBalisitic errr Nebula,  Kessock Bridge, Big Tesco — we have beaten them all. We have beaten them all.  P&B can you hear me?...Those boys took a hell of a beating! Those boys took a hell of a beating!"

…I’ll possibly never get to use it while experiencing the joy of a win over the establishment team of the Highlands.

Yes, my life is that tragic. Pity me.

Edited by Scary Bear