Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Look at the difference in reaction of the players to Benedictus tackle to Samuels. Inverness players all surround the referee, screaming for a red, our player barely even complain. It’s literally the same fucking tackle. We need to be more b*****ds. 

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It’s not really “a clear red” though, is it? Unless you’ve developed the ability to see through bodies, you’ve as much idea as me. I am, however, struggling to see the difference between Samuels yellow and Benedictus red. It looks like the exact same type of challenge - overrun the ball and lunge in.

It was reckless and he completely left Broadfoot in a heap. By the laws of the game it’s a red card.

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Look at the difference in reaction of the players to Benedictus tackle to Samuels. Inverness players all surround the referee, screaming for a red, our player barely even complain. It’s literally the same fucking tackle. We need to be more b*****ds. 

Yep, team are too nice.

I thought it was a definite red for Bene at the game, but I’m not absolutely convinced having seen the highlights - obviously the angle is poor. What you can definitely say is it was a stupid challenge and it turned the game. Can the referee even see it?

062aa8b631d09e3e2273a2561fbd8046.jpg

It’s pretty clearly a red for Broadfoot’s reaction, Davidson rightly given a (second) red by the same ref in the same fixture for the same thing last season….

Both Williamson’s yellows are completely laughable. Obviously not game-changing like the first red but sums things up. Probable red for Samuels and little decisions like that Poplatnik shot that loops wildly off a defender and over the bar and gets a goal kick just seemed to happen all game.

We will genuinely never beat ICT. I’d accepted it after the Davidson game last season but we keep finding new ways to fail. All four games this season have seen a gravitational pull of the ball to the net in the final ten mins - all blootered in from outside the box just as it looked like we’d get a result. What can you do?

Some total shite being chatted by Raith fans here. Williamson is leading with his arm for his first booking and the "foul" in the lead up to the goal is some jobber tripping over his own feet. Samuels' foot only becomes raised after the challenge has been made when he's already past the player. This victim complex is why you'll never get out of this division.

12 hours ago, stevoraith said:

It’s been years now and I still can’t work out if Sophia is a parody account or just someone that loves an unnecessarily complex sentence.

Makes a change from reading the posts of some of our simpleton fans I suppose.

Also, ICT and Colin Steven can get so far to f*ck.

The word supercilious applies.

52 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Was that the game under Nicholl in the 90s? Possibly against Airdrie in the 2nd promotion season?

It think it was the Scottish cup quarter final game against them when we lost 4-1 in 94-95 season

Yeah and it emerged the guy came from Glenboig or Glenbogle or something, which as it turns out when you locate it on a map is, approximately, Airdrie

Here you go lads.

Williamson clearly leading with his elbow:

Screenshot-20220320-095150-Samsung-Inter

Samuels winning the ball:

Screenshot-20220320-095521-Samsung-Inter

But I'm sure the ref who was excellently positioned for each incident should defer to the views of some fans who were sitting seventy yards away. You should've had a corner in the first half though, tbf.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

47 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Here you go lads.

But I'm sure the ref who was excellently positioned for each incident should defer to the views of some fans who were sitting seventy yards away. You should've had a corner in the first half though, tbf.

Where’s the still image of Bene’s tackle? 

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was that the game under Nicholl in the 90s? Possibly against Airdrie in the 2nd promotion season?

5 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

It think it was the Scottish cup quarter final game against them when we lost 4-1 in 94-95 season

Right opposition, right season, wrong game. They beat us 1-0 at Stark's in a league game near the end of that season, Ally Graham sent off for nowt among other things. Think he'd also been a bit dodgy when he reffed us against someone else earlier in the season, and Nicholl fell out with him, and he came back for that Airdrie game and was awful.

He was struck from the list of officials at the end of that season, though nothing was said about reasons. Don't know if it was just because of Raith's complaint or if there'd been other incidents too. I felt vindicated though.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’d still rather put up with the occasional dodgy referee than suffer VAR. just as well we’re never getting out the lower leagues.

Too right.

Edited by Yoss

4 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Here you go lads.

Trying to claim Colin Steven is anything other than a complete buffoon is not going to stick I am afraid. The worst referee I have seen at Palmerston by a distance which isn’t easy considering the amount of incompetent officials we get at this level. 

I’ll be honest, I can’t stand Colin Steven, however, watching those highlights, it looks more like an accumulation of close decisions which all went against us, rather than anything absolutely horrendous. 

I’d say the most contentious might be Williamson’s second yellow, although the fact the game was done and he’ll now be suspended, he may actually have done us a favour there. 

Not sure I’d agree that Broadfoot deserved a red for that, but I appreciate I’m maybe in the minority here. It’s aggressive, but not violent, which should mean a yellow rather than a red. 

There’s been a few occasions where Cammy Devlin of Hearts has been grabbed like that this season, probably because he’s a wee, irritating tube, and it’s led to a booking rather than a red, so it’s probably right enough  

I can absolutely guarantee that if I’d been at the game then I’d have lost the run of myself though, but then by the same token, I was the same the last time Inverness visited and he sent off Matthews, and it turned out it was 100% the correct decision. 

We looked like we played pretty well in general, although Robbie Thomson was really poor at the first one and MacDonald would have got a lot closer to the second one, but regardless, the season is a week closer to finishing, which is the main positive. What a missed opportunity it’s been. 

Edited by McGuigan1978