Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally understand your frustration with the referee I would feel the same but you're all spending too much time focusing on the various card scenarios, look again at the two late goals, Chalmers was given too much time with that ball with not one challenge towards him till it was too late, again the second where he had less time to pull the trigger yet he is in the clear.

The fact you were down to ten men with minutes and 2-1 up clearly meant Raith should, to a man, have been just in front of your goal.

This.  Winning with 2 mins to go in a huge game, every man should have been back to negate the impact of having a man less.

We have chucked points away, again.  

Post match interview

"It wasn't hard to be upset with the referee today".

He also points out that we just can't get any breaks these days regarding key players.

I'm maybe mistaken but he might have been speaking about the referee when he said something about being petulant over Williamson second booking.

In fairness, I've not seen McGlynn so down after a game, even in defeat, for a very long time.

Edited by embow

3 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Williamson’s first yellow was when the referee gave Inverness a free kick after a clash of heads which lead to Williamson needing to off for treatment as he was bleeding, another brilliant moment for the referee today

Oh aye, that was a fucking farce as well.

34 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I didn't see the initial coming together, the impression I got was that Williamson and the defender just came together as they were running. They then went head-to-head, I don't know who instigated that, but the referee then booked them both. 

I can't remember what Williamson's first booking was for, it's not mentioned in the live updates. 

It was for an elbow when going for a high ball, although along with most of the South Stand, I actually thought it was a foul by the ICT player... 

32 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This.  Winning with 2 mins to go in a huge game, every man should have been back to negate the impact of having a man less.

We have chucked points away, again.  

The first one took a deflection as someone went too late close him down. 

Regardless, that's 3 of the 4 league matches against ICT we've been leading with 10 or 15 minutes left and we've ended up with 2 points from 12. That stat alone is the reason we're not going into the play offs and they are. 

I had to spend about 15 minutes in the car trying to collect myself before I could drive back. What an utterly bonkers match.

Clear red card for Benedictus and if Broadfoot did have him by the throat, whilst I can understand his anger, it sounds like we were lucky to avoid a dismissal as well. I didn't even know Williamson had been sent off :lol: I think I was trying to breathe normally again at that point.

We were a mess at the back for much of that game and I felt we gifted Raith their goals by not dealing with balls forward and MacKay not really covering himself in glory for the first and looked weak at the second as well. I guess Raith will feel the same about our goal with Thomson looking really weak on the high ball that led to the goal.

We were absolutely out of that game until the red card. Our tactics seemed to consist of someone trying to dink a ball over the top of the Raith defence and hope that Samuels or Mckay could latch onto it. It took about 8 unsuccessful attempts before the ICT support made clear their feelings that it wasn't working.

Looked like Chalmers first strike was deflected over Thomson but who cares. Limbs in the away end as we thought we grabbed a scarcely deserved point but even better was to follow as Chalmers hit a lovely low drive sweetly past Thomson. Incredible limbs and a charge down the McDermid stand to celebrate with the players. You love to see it!

A simply mind boggling afternoon which saw us grab a massive 3 points but it papered over the cracks of a largely poor performance in which we got the benefit of the doubt with some questionable refereeing decisions.

49 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Williamson’s first yellow was when the referee gave Inverness a free kick after a clash of heads which lead to Williamson needing to off for treatment as he was bleeding, another brilliant moment for the referee today

Oh aye, so it was! 

Which makes it all the more ridiculous, not only because that challenge looked more like Williamson was clattered into than did any clattering, but also means Williamson wasn't booked (and neither was the Caley player) for a head-to-head in the first half that was identical to the one at the end. 

Just a totally shambolic refereeing performance. 

Nothing against Inverness the w****r and his pals shafted Rovers big style a player puts the same challenge into another player of the similar weight that got our goalie carried off only to get a red card when nothing happened to the ICT player . I t makes me wonder why a few number of Rovers players required treatment after questionable challenges that the green w****r didn't produce more cards, maybe the Dodds family stretches that far. Anyway enjoy it Inverness you certainly didn't deserve it.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Totally understand your frustration with the referee I would feel the same but you're all spending too much time focusing on the various card scenarios, look again at the two late goals, Chalmers was given too much time with that ball with not one challenge towards him till it was too late, again the second where he had less time to pull the trigger yet he is in the clear.

The fact you were down to ten men with minutes and 2-1 up clearly meant Raith should, to a man, have been just in front of your goal.

You’re right with that last paragraph. I’d also add that Bene needs to look at himself, a terribly unnecessary tackle after a terribly unnecessary attempted mazy run! It’s easy to highlight the referee’s mistakes… of which there were many, but if we have kept 11 on the park we would have won today.

8 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Nothing against Inverness the w****r and his pals shafted Rovers big style a player puts the same challenge into another player of the similar weight that got our goalie carried off only to get a red card when nothing happened to the ICT player . I t makes me wonder why a few number of Rovers players required treatment after questionable challenges that the green w****r didn't produce more cards, maybe the Dodds family stretches that far. Anyway enjoy it Inverness you certainly didn't deserve it.

Ooft.

18 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

I would be mildly perturbed if my team contrived to throw away a winning advantage and lose the game in injury time.

Would you agree, not least in the wider context of these times, that you may well be overstating the tragedy of your circumstance?

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

I would be mildly perturbed if my team contrived to throw away a winning advantage and lose the game in injury time.

Would you agree, not least in the wider context of these times, that you may well be overstating the tragedy of your circumstance?

Unfortunately throwing away wins in the last 10 mins of games is something we're good at this season, but that utter cretin or a ref didn't help , and maybe some of your players need to take a hard look at themselves too

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Unfortunately throwing away wins in the last 10 mins of games is something we're good at this season, but that utter cretin or a ref didn't help , and maybe some of your players need to take a hard look at themselves too

I'd like to think that through the medium of the stream that my view was dispassionate.

The only call that I can certainly say that was missed was the foul out on the touchline before the winner.

As for the "hard look", I rather think that they have done that and their collective performance today, in parts it must be said, was commendable indeed.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'd like to think that through the medium of the stream that my view was dispassionate.

The only call that I can certainly say that was missed was the foul out on the touchline before the winner.

As for the "hard look", I rather think that they have done that and their collective performance today, in parts it must be said, was commendable indeed.

Commendable to incite the crowd at the end, and the grab at Benedictus throat  ............ how very good, carry on

1 minute ago, sophia said:

They're a shower of cheating b*****ds, dramatised everything to a sympathetic one sided referee who was willing to go along with it, just as he has done every time he's refereed the sides.