Raith Rovers v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Well, it’s that time again. Can we do it?

Rovers and Inverness both coming off winless 11 game streaks yesterday with our first 3 points of the year. Inverness humping Arbroath is the better result. Who will get the better of this game? All Rovers fans probably suspect they know the answer but that long winless streak against ICT (wins on penalties excepted) has to end sometime.

Strange times, strange times.

It seems to me that some of the most vocal Inverness locals have headed for the hills.

The ICT home win against Arbroath was a triumph and rather than concede any of their high horse, we're saddled with silence.

Whilst acknowledging that I couldn't quite get to grips with the formation that Billy Dodds persisted with, it should be recognised that he changed to succeed.

Perhaps those that were so sure of themselves will reflect and register their goodwill with respect to a crucial fixture.

With the amount of injuries accumulating, I can’t see us ever beating ICT. We were really lucky against QoS. I’d rather we finish in 5th and let the clubs that actually want to battle it out for a play off place. Self sabotage seems to be our credo. It seems to be a fear factor of my club, we get to within touching distance, then someone at the club puts a spanner in the works. 

Yes, the original Raith Rovers were from Cowdenbeath. Raith stretched from the west of Kirkcaldy past Lochgelly. There's a Cowdenbeath pub called the Raith Arms. There is still a large area of private land called Raith Estate between Kirkcaldy and Auchtertool.

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

Always the optimist I think we might just edge this one over the home favourites in this the top game in the Championship.

Looked up to see if Raith Rovers were the result of a merger only to find out there was a club before that were called Raith Rovers, so this Raith Rovers aren't even the original. However there is little chance this Raith Rovers would ever merge with a team from Cowdenbeath.

Is San Starko the stadium in Scotland that is closest to a railway line in meters than any other club in the SPFL? I know Alloa and Stranraer have railway lines very close to their grounds, right besides, or one corner in Stranraer's  case.

Raith have only beaten us 5 times in 26 league games, all 5 coming within the first 6 meetings between the clubs during 1999/2000 and 2000/2001. I've probably jinxed us by mentioning this.

Get a look at our baggy orange away kit back in them days, anyone know why orange was a good idea, it seemed very random?

Raith Rovers haven't beaten us on their own patch since 26th August 2000, the game below was us breaking our duck and 21 years + its still going.

I wouldn't worry about jinxing it. This gets brought up every time the sides meet and the only tangible progress we seem to have made is that we can win a penalty shoot out against you. 

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

With the amount of injuries accumulating, I can’t see us ever beating ICT. We were really lucky against QoS. I’d rather we finish in 5th and let the clubs that actually want to battle it out for a play off place. Self sabotage seems to be our credo. It seems to be a fear factor of my club, we get to within touching distance, then someone at the club puts a spanner in the works. 

QOS created the two best chances in the game whereas apart from our sclaffed goal we were shooting from distance, but I wouldn't say we were lucky as we dominated possession.

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

Always the optimist I think we might just edge this one over the home favourites in this the top game in the Championship.

Looked up to see if Raith Rovers were the result of a merger only to find out there was a club before that were called Raith Rovers, so this Raith Rovers aren't even the original. However there is little chance this Raith Rovers would ever merge with a team from Cowdenbeath.

Is San Starko the stadium in Scotland that is closest to a railway line in meters than any other club in the SPFL? I know Alloa and Stranraer have railway lines very close to their grounds, right besides, or one corner in Stranraer's  case.

Raith have only beaten us 5 times in 26 league games, all 5 coming within the first 6 meetings between the clubs during 1999/2000 and 2000/2001. I've probably jinxed us by mentioning this.

Get a look at our baggy orange away kit back in them days, anyone know why orange was a good idea, it seemed very random?

Raith Rovers haven't beaten us on their own patch since 26th August 2000, the game below was us breaking our duck and 21 years + its still going.

Toastie Burns was an absolutely quality player for us. 

Surely to fuck you will beat us in the league soon.  You've been close the last couple of times.  Is it really 6 months since the 1 each at Stark's Park?  That was a decent day out.  I reckon Saturday was a false dawn for The Caley, Arbroath were laughably shite.

I have a bad feeling about this.  2-0 Raith Rovers.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. Pretty sure the club dressed it up as £100k but it transpired that included wages savings. 

Absolutely scandalous. 

It was us that brokered the deal too. I remember a crisis meeting in the main stand when one of the directors at the time tried to justify it as we had booed the team, which included these three, off the park a couple of weeks previous.

14 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

It was us that brokered the deal too. I remember a crisis meeting in the main stand when one of the directors at the time tried to justify it as we had booed the team, which included these three, off the park a couple of weeks previous.

I was at that meeting also. It was Willie Gray that was the spokesman that night. 

3 hours ago, RiG said:

IIRC Raith beat Livi who then spent about £100,000 signing Tosh, Andrews and Burns about 2 days later.

Aye, 4-0 we beat them at their place with Burns scoring one, Andrews with a double and Tosh's brother getting the other. Some day out that was.

I was at that 1-5 game, great days with good players, going into every game with the optimism of a win, now we have some who excitably view Saturdays result against a part time team as a title win.

I'm hoping for a win but fear it will be another draw.