Pars vs Morton #footballforafiver

We made the mistake of sitting on that 1 goal lead. Dunfermline went for it and deserved a point and probably more.  Felt we defended really well at times but to sit in like that was criminal. Happy with a point and f**k you Jack Ross.

Thought the coverage was fair enough. Fairly reflected that Dunfermline put a lot into it and had the big pull of needing a win and that hint of desperation. Morton dug in and mainly held them at arms length till they lost a shite goal.

Thought Dunfermline showed a great attitude but are ultimately shite. Crowd seemed to stick with them pretty well and it looked like a good night at the fitba.

Probably a fair result.

4 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

10 (ten) points ahead of perennial Greenock losers with two games in hand.

lol 

That's the McPherson handicap in play. Sir Douglas has single handedly kept you here for next season. 

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

10 (ten) points ahead of perennial Greenock losers with two games in hand.

lol 

Not sure that being ten points ahead of a side managed by Gus McPherson for half a season is quite the open top bus occasion you think it is.

Still, good to see your bottom lip has finally stopped trembling after your swording last weekend. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

Happy enough with the point in the end up.  Dunfermline at least deserved the draw.

Dunfermline putting that effort into games maybe enough to pull away from bottom spot but it's hard to keep that going. Then a run of games if it's the playoff's with the same effort.

As always it's going to be some battle at the bottom of the league with a few games left.

We've done enough but probably need 1 more win for absolute safety

Oisin McEntee awarded MOTM. That tells you we had a power of defending to do tonight and almost did enough to take all 3 points.

Tbf..... if you're going on possession Dunfermline were due a share of the spoils .

The Pars were noticeably more up for this tonight so if Thistle turn up on Tuesday thinking theyre walking away with 3 points 'nae problemo'...think again.

Dunfermline are fighting for their Championship existence......every game a cup-final. It will be interesting.

26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm guessing it's because we're all garbage. 

Even Arbroath having  a great season have racked up 12 draws to date which has probably hobbled their league title aspirations. They haven't been too much by way of being garbage though.

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I personally thought Ledger was outstanding tonight. My MotM 

Disagree.I'm afraid Ledger gives me the fear these days.

He also looks like he hasnt slept for a week.

Get an early night Michael.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Glass half full for us.

Dunfermline needed to win this one, Morton seen a draw as safe from 10th and 9 points in front of Dunfermline at the end of the day.

Yes we were too defensive but back three were great. Pity Blues came off as after a great defensive display we lost a poor goal not covering the front post run.

Must win v Partick on Tuesday for Dunfermline me thinks.

MOTM 🙂

Edited by Paisley Ton
made a cuxt of it

Point is about as much use as a defeat for us. 9th is the best we can hope for now. But a draw is the least we deserved from the game. We were unlucky, but genuinely can’t fault the team’s work rate, attitude or desire.

Would love to see us try McCann and O’Hara as a partnership. If we have Lawless and Thomas putting crosses in the box having a more physical target would help, with O’Hara still there to get onto the whipped balls/rebounds. He was really unlucky with his offside goal and the one off the post in stoppage time. Thought O’Hara had a good game overall, but kept dropping deep - which isn’t an issue in itself, but it is when none of Lawless, Thomas or Polworth then push forward into the box.

Lads in the NW were brilliant. Other than the idiots who went on the pitch after the equaliser, delaying the game when we needed a win.

3 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Glass half full for us.

Dunfermline needed to win this one, Morton seen a draw as safe from 10th and 9 points in front of Dunfermline at the end of the day.

Yes we were too defensive but back three were great. Pity Blues came off as after a great defensive display we lost a poor goal not covering the front post run.

Must win v Partick on Tuesday for Dunfermline me thinks.

MOTM 🙂

Yeh....I think it was Jacobs who allowed McCann  to get across him.

Some of the last ditch defending from Morton was outstanding tbf. Was convinced the chance at the end was in and then felt sure the rebound would be gobbled up.

I don’t need to see Matty Todd any more to know Aaron Comrie is at least twice the player at RB.

Also, we won’t miss the keeper going by that Morton goal. Incredibly shite.