Pars vs Morton #footballforafiver

Fully deserved equaliser, but throwing it away from sleeping at a set piece is really disappointing.

The gap we still have over Dunfermline with so few games to go would take a ridiculous turn of events to relegate us from here, but we could have buried them tonight. Please, never play the midfield three we started the game with again.

Change things up for Tuesday. Get O'Hara and and McCann up front together. Todd didn't do badly but Comrie is better going forward, so reinstate him. Would drop Lawless for Dow and try Polworth and Pybus in the middle.

Selfishly it's a decent result as Dunfermline haven't won, but they really should have in the end I think.

Some excellent defending at points from Morton, I fear we won't have many opportunities at goal next week if that sort of performance is to be repeated.

Needed a win, deserved to win, didn’t win.

Can’t argue with the effort shown, felt we were comfortably the better side although it was a very low qualify affair as usual in this league. Really lacking a clinical edge.

Thought Morton showed nothing and their goal was one of the worst we’ve ever conceded. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it in the net. They’re practically safe now though so doubt they’ll give two fucks.

No idea why Hughes waited so long to change things when half the team looked knackered. Poor Pybus was almost crawling by the end. Starting to like the wee guy tbh even though running around is literally all he does.

Fans were really starting to turn on Yogi towards the end with “Petrie” and “You don’t know what you’re doing” chants. Not down yet but the games are running out fast.

Our performances have been crap since Sir Douglas' nonsense ban and most of our remaining games at home. I'd expect levels to be much higher than that. 

Bizarre to note a few comments about Mickey Stewart being somehow biased in favour of the Pars. When one team has all the ball you kind of expect that team to have more positive comments. Add in that a lot of the Pars players are fairly well known to Premiership watchers, it's no great surprise that the likes of Donaldson, Polwarth, Ambrose etc get a lot of mentions. And Morton were being (rightly) praised for their defending and one of their centre halves got the Man of the Match...

Anyway, as good as we did for spells and as neat and tidy in possession we are, we are still shite. Not brave enough when in the right areas, top rash when in the wrong areas. Pace of play too slow, nobody bar Donaldson who can attack a set piece delivery (although McCann did well for his goal obviously) and the midfield is basically Pybus running about trying to cover everyone else while also starting off moves himself. Thought he did well apart from the one near the end where he gave it away when he was virtually the last man. 

Shouldn't be a surprise that as soon as we upped the tempo and got balls into the box we looked more dangerous but Hughes doesn't seem to like that sort of thing and would rather pass it 8 times when 2 will do so don't expect to see that again from us even though it looks like the best way for us to play.

6 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Seriously? On that showing?

We aren't threatening nearly enough from open play, we simply aren't scoring enough while consistently giving away soft goals, it's a deadly combination that will result in relegation. 

I thought that was an entertaining game for the neutral. 

Dunfermline should have probably won it but just couldn’t take enough of their chances, that couple with the questionable keeping in the first half may share an insight into their struggles this season.