Pars vs Morton #footballforafiver

48 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The biggest issue with the Greenock train is that it takes you to Greenock.

I would thought the Greenock train not existing would be the biggest issue. It's the Gourock/Wemyss Bay train that takes ye to Greenock. 

As previously pointed out the transport/culture hub of Greenock requires two rail lines (and eight stations) such is the demand for travel to the "Strathclyde Saint-Tropez".

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would just like to say I have always had a great affection for Greenock Morton FC and think that Dougie Imrie is doing a great job, it would therefore be very pleasing if they could take full points from this game. Thank-you. 

You'll be dancing in the streets of Locharbriggs on Friday evening...

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Fed up with Yogi, fed up with the Pars, you couldn’t pay me to go to EEP these days, never mind “Football For a Fiver” marketing.

Comfortable Morton victory, with Gary Oliver scoring a couple. Just fucking relegate us already and be done with it.

Fed up with the Pars but still reading the match threads to say how much you don’t care.

Yikes.

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

The biggest issue with the Greenock train is that it takes you to Greenock.

As @AsimButtHitsASix has pointed out, those trains only go through Greenock; they ‘take you’ to Glasgow, Gourock, or Wemyss Bay.

Two of those places are at the seaside, so Dunfermline supporters would love them.

Suspect as long as we don't lose you can stick a fork in Dunfermline catching us. If we get beat then it's back to needing a couple of good results to be sure.

We have 4 home games coming up and Sir Douglas will be back in the dugout for all of them so hopefully get over the safety line with room to spare.

On 13/03/2022 at 21:35, Cowshed said:

Wilson’s had a rough start to his Ton career no doubt about it but against Partick he had one his best games for us always looking for the ball and looking for the attacking pass a few which he didn’t execute well but I thought he had a pretty decent game and deserves a start Friday for that reason 

He'd be in my preferred starting line-up for Friday, so I'm not being particularly critical of Wilson. But something hasn't been working with our starting line-ups for at least half a dozen games now. We've won no games with the line-up or shape of team we've started a match with for quite a while now, and have relied on subs and tactical changes to get the points that we've managed to get. I think that Wilson and Jacobs would be better suited playing in front of a back four, and I think that bringing Muirhead into a front three would suit us with those players deeper. On the other hand, if we're sticking to our shape, I think we need more attacking players with more guile in midfield, who are going to press high and make runs into the box. Blues, Lyon, and Oliver made an unlikely middle three, but it worked for a while in the set-up that we had. I don't think Wilson is going to give the same type of thing and it gives us a lack of players getting into really good areas in the final third. 

It really wasn't working because we were soft as shite through the middle of the park whenever we lost the ball (although Saturday's defending for the goal says that hasn't been fully resolved). If we were going to run a team by Oliver's ability to press on a consistent, weekly basis then we'd be circling the drain of relegation every other seas... oh that's right. 

A setup with Wilson, Lyon and another is better equipped for sustainable success at this level. Even the added physicality alone should not be underestimated as a factor in slugging games out. Next season I'd be looking for a quality all-rounder but for now it is one of Blues, Oliver or McGrattan to offer that furthest forward role. 

Would start Wilson, Lyon, and Oliver (if fit) in the middle here, not only because Oliver basically owns Dunfermline, but because pressing high against a team nervously trying to ‘play out from the back’ is our best route to victory.

If Oliver scores again, Dunfermline should be doing the obvious thing and offering him a PCA for League One duty straight after the final whistle.

Would start Wilson, Lyon, and Oliver (if fit) in the middle here, not only because Oliver basically owns Dunfermline, but because pressing high against a team nervously trying to ‘play out from the back’ is our best route to victory.
If Oliver scores again, Dunfermline should be doing the obvious thing and offering him a PCA for League One duty straight after the final whistle.
Id be offering that anyway.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Id be offering that anyway.

Only downside is he won’t have games against you to boost his scoring record… maybe he could transfer it onto Falkirk?

Ah great day out at Cappielow on 8th of Jan. But truth is it was one of those days when everything we tried turned to gold.

Hard to work out why Dunfermline have been so abject this year. Started off amassing a seemingly decent squad but none of the team seem to give a Fk for the jersey or put in a shift.

Sadly I can't manage going on Friday so could miss out on us grabbing 10 from 12 points, which would be our best return v an opposition for a few years.

Actually enjoyed more the 1 v 3 away win on 6th November 2021, thought that was one of our best performances at a time when Dunfermline thought they could kick on and move up the league. Also the view from the far side stand was much better than the normal behind the goal stand view.

Getting at least a draw here would set us up nicely to enjoy the next two home games against the Ayrshire teams and as Dougie will be putting contracts on the line without relegation being an issue expect 110% for all selected.

Expect Wilson and Lyon to play.  While Blues has done well so should be disappointed if he doesn't get a start., yes hunger is what we need.

Expect an easy 2 v 0 win for the Ton but will miss those easy points next year.

If Wilson plays and Morton win on Saturday, he will have won more league games than Dunfermline this season - despite being a Dunfermline player for the first 24 games of the season and not being involved in any wins.

Morton have won in 4 of his 7 appearances for them so far and we’ve won 4/28 games.

25 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Started off amassing a seemingly decent squad

Loads of folk have said this, but why?

Who of Mehmet, Jones, Cole, Breen, Pybus and Graham were going to make up a decent squad? I think pretty much everyone saw that we signed Dorrans, and perhaps Todorov, and based it on that, even Dorrans was mostly average to poor for Dundee last season.

We had some decent players already at the club that could make up a decent squad if complemented by good signings (especially in midfield), but Peter Grant happened.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Loads of folk have said this, but why?

Who of Mehmet, Jones, Cole, Breen, Pybus and Graham were going to make up a decent squad? I think pretty much everyone saw that we signed Dorrans, and perhaps Todorov, and based it on that, even Dorrans was mostly average to poor for Dundee last season.

We had some decent players already at the club that could make up a decent squad if complemented by good signings (especially in midfield), but Peter Grant happened.

People looked at the forward options plus Dorrans and Thomas and assumed, with some justification, you’d go right through some of the teams in this league.

No one bothered much about the issues at the back or centre-mid, but problems were clear from day one (at Cappielow); I recall saying the way Grant had set up was arrogant and ridiculous… and got pelters from Pars fans righteously convinced their team would in fact roll teams over with ease. Instead, you were over-run for 45 minutes by Gus MacPherson’s Morton (just let that sink in…).

It took you guys a few weeks to realise Grant is an arrogant, dim-witted cock who had already all but sunk your season.