Pars vs Morton #footballforafiver

Don't think the crowd will be too much higher than normal, I've seen the "Friday night football for a fiver" thing on Social Media but then I follow DAFC on Facebook, Twitter, etc. and I'm not sure how many randomers are 1. Going to see it and 2. Are going to think, aye that's a great idea. 

On the trains (can't believe I'm typing this), there is only one train per hour out of Cartdyke to The Weege in the evenings too, so as usual trying to hold up Greenock (Greenock!) as some kind of metropolitan utopia is well off the mark. Of course, if any of the city slickers wanted to, they could get a 10 minute taxi to Inverkeithing to get the 10 to 10 train back to Edinburgh before heading West. As usual, Fife manages to find a solution.

And as for the game, we'll lose or draw. I'm resigned to 9th at best and even that assumes we beat Queens in the final game and get something from the Ayr and Raith games which is by no means a sure thing. We are not maybe going backwards, but we aren't going forwards that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Do these Morton c***s no have cars?

Most of us do, of course, but there’s a small minority who:

a) choose not to

b) can’t afford to

c) (new category)  can’t afford the fuel

d) can’t drive

e) can’t read railway or bus timetables (see some earlier posts)

f) consider themselves Uberfans and won’t go near anything as humbling as a supporters’ bus (see some earlier posters)

g) would rather just wind up opposition fans on P&B and, even worse, Twitter and watch the game on cooncil telly while dishing out riddies to the posts of the sensible (edited to add: check bottom right hand corner - took just three minutes for the first of the po-faced to react  🤣🤣🤣)

h) some or all of the above

The elite amongst us, of course, will see you there.

Where can I safely park the Bentley?

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

On the trains (can't believe I'm typing this), there is only one train per hour out of Cartdyke to The Weege in the evenings too, so as usual trying to hold up Greenock (Greenock!) as some kind of metropolitan utopia is well off the mark.

There may only be one train out of Cartsdyke per hour currently but Greenock is blessed with two train lines and the upper service is available from Whinhill a short walk up the hill from Cappielow as well.

2105159035_ZomboMeme14032022091809.thumb.jpg.97065c61c276c5fcd33e18f9c740a47f.jpg

I would just like to say I have always had a great affection for Greenock Morton FC and think that Dougie Imrie is doing a great job, it would therefore be very pleasing if they could take full points from this game. Thank-you. 

22 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I would just like to say I have always had a great affection for Greenock Morton FC and think that Dougie Imrie is doing a great job, it would therefore be very pleasing if they could take full points from this game. Thank-you. 

hmm, another fan from a relegation-threatened team ending his post with "thank you" ......   

Please don't let this become a trend; it's bad enough having to read the posts of that other idiot.

23 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

hmm, another fan from a relegation-threatened team ending his post with "thank you" ......   

Please don't let this become a trend; it's bad enough having to read the posts of that other idiot.

It's called manners, not something appreciated in Greenock obviously. 

Fed up with Yogi, fed up with the Pars, you couldn’t pay me to go to EEP these days, never mind “Football For a Fiver” marketing.

Comfortable Morton victory, with Gary Oliver scoring a couple. Just fucking relegate us already and be done with it.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's called manners, not something appreciated in Greenock obviously. 

…..and it’s called humour. Not something appreciated when you’re doon at the bottom obviously. As many of us can remember…….  🙄

16 hours ago, virginton said:

It absolutely is Fife's shite transport network, because there's one train per hour running out of it in the evenings. 

There are no such issues with the service in the soon to be City of Greenock. 

The biggest issue with the Greenock train is that it takes you to Greenock.