Scotland's worst

On 12/03/2022 at 11:16, gannonball said:

Most the chinese takeaways in Stirling are pretty shite. What was the only consistently decent one (The regent) has been taken over recently and have heard it’s gone downhill. The fact they all seem to change hands every few years or shut down kind of says it all. Indian ones are all pretty dece. 

I did a few Plumbing repairs in there about ten years ago, the hygiene standards, or lack of them was appalling. 

Staff standing in manky jeans and t shirts smoking in the kitchen while preparing food, large tubs of various sauces with no lids on lying about under the sinks, bags of rubbish with discarded food piled up near the back door for the flies to feast on.

Crowning glory however was when I was replacing taps at one of the wash hand basins in the gents toilet, head chef/cook guy came in, had a pish at the urinals then promptly walked out without washing his hands at one of the two other sinks that were available. 🤮

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

I did a few Plumbing repairs in there about ten years ago, the hygiene standards, or lack of them was appalling. 

Staff standing in manky jeans and t shirts smoking in the kitchen while preparing food, large tubs of various sauces with no lids on lying about under the sinks, bags of rubbish with discarded food piled up near the back door for the flies to feast on.

Crowning glory however was when I was replacing taps at one of the wash hand basins in the gents toilet, head chef/cook guy came in, had a pish at the urinals then promptly walked out without washing his hands at one of the two other sinks that were available. 🤮

Im hungover and was craving a takeaway, thank you for putting me off.

1 hour ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I was in Glasgow a wee while back and was going to go to Pizza Hut but hadn't factored in that it was Saturday dinner time so the place was heaving, couldn't be arsed to wait in the queue so wandered down Buchanan Street to find an easy takeaway, found a chippy type place and ordered a pizza, it was the most disgusting pizza I've ever eaten, I'd genuinely rather eat a micro pizza. It blew my mind how they could make one taste so bad, I thought generic chippy pizzas all shared some formula and therefore all tasted the same but this was rank. Place was called Pizza Crolla and I'm presuming it only survives from naive tourists and visitors. 

There’s probably at least 10 decent pizza places within a hundred yards or so of Buchanan street.  This only highlights your initial mistake, of planning on going to Pizza Hut in the first place. 

44 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

There’s probably at least 10 decent pizza places within a hundred yards or so of Buchanan street.  This only highlights your initial mistake, of planning on going to Pizza Hut in the first place. 

Fair. 

I did have time constraints and was completely unaware of what restaurants Glasgow has...

...And I have the eating habits of a child. 

7 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Fair. 

I did have time constraints and was completely unaware of what restaurants Glasgow has...

Are you the rangers fan that used to be SATMAN or something similar, I'm sure he used to also have the palate of a child.

9 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Fair. 

So we’ve established the problem is in fact you, and not the eating establishments of Scotland’s greatest city. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, 101 said:
Are you the rangers fan that used to be SATMAN or something similar, I'm sure he used to also have the palate of a child.

Think Stormzy has a different alias on the go atm?

Perhaps it's just being a rangers fan, mean poor taste in football team and scran ;)

On 12/03/2022 at 10:40, Mr. Alli said:

Never knew Pete calls himself a weirdo. Any time paths have crossed always been a sound c**t. Never knew he bullied staff which, considering they're all about 14 is rather alarming. 

China China? Self-obsessed rather than self confessed @mizfit said I think. I've heard similar off pals who live in Craigie, and a couple of pals worked there when we were at school and said he was an utter wrong 'un if I remember right. 

I was in Glasgow a wee while back and was going to go to Pizza Hut but hadn't factored in that it was Saturday dinner time so the place was heaving, couldn't be arsed to wait in the queue so wandered down Buchanan Street to find an easy takeaway, found a chippy type place and ordered a pizza, it was the most disgusting pizza I've ever eaten, I'd genuinely rather eat a micro pizza. It blew my mind how they could make one taste so bad, I thought generic chippy pizzas all shared some formula and therefore all tasted the same but this was rank. Place was called Pizza Crolla and I'm presuming it only survives from naive tourists and visitors. 

I made the same mistake once. I imagine thousands of others have too given its prime location. The chippy up the lane from queen street is much better (not the hellhole on the corner of that street I may add).

For a city with such poor public health and diet choices, the quality of chippies in glasgow is really poor.

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I made the same mistake once. I imagine thousands of others have too given its prime location. The chippy up the lane from queen street is much better (not the hellhole on the corner of that street I may add).

For a city with such poor public health and diet choices, the quality of chippies in glasgow is really poor.

At least people seem to eat the Pizza Corolla stuff. Outside the Blue Lagoon is covered in discarded meals. The seagulls can hardly get off the ground they get so much.

And not just because of the absence of salt ‘n’ sauce

4 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Best Kebab? 😆

I don’t think anyone’s ever been in that place while sober.

On 11/03/2022 at 20:56, alta-pete said:

My first solo inspection (near 30 years ago) as a Surveyor was a chip shop on Cross Arthurlie Street in Barrhead. Doing the job I, of course, had to get behind the counter and into the back shop food storage areas.

Genuinely, I have not had a fish supper since

In a similar vein, I had a Saturday job in Woolworths. I've not touched Pick'n'mix in the 30+ years since having seen how customers behaved. You'd be amazed/disgusted at the number of folk who'd try then put back.....

Its now vastly better under different owners, but woodys on maryhill road (beside the jaconellis chippy which is decent in its own right) when it was under a different name, cant mind it now - anyway; i phone for an order (pre just eat days, forgotten what that was like) a chicken curry and rice, mrs got some kind of tandoori lamb with a naan. The naan was burnt to a crisp, the lamb was charred black to the point it was inedible and best of all they had forgotten to put any chicken in mine so it was only sauce and rice i got. The sauce was pretty meh as well. Kinda impressive for a takeaway to get 1/4 right on takeaway items and f**k up literally everything else, but at least the rice was fine i suppose.

Thinking back im pretty sure it was half an hour late arriving and all.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely