Scotland's worst

It seems that almost every week there's another list published telling us where the best Chippy / Curry House or other take away place is , instead of the best I reckon a list of the worst, the places that should definitely be avoided would be far better to know, there's nowt worse than handing over money for something that's totally rank and uneatible 

I'll start with a Chinese takeaway in Gala that gave me food poisoning ,I've never been back ,  there was also a chip shop in Melrose where I had the worst ever fish supper  , nobody I know of ever had anything good from the place. , it was eventually closed down by the environmental health officers , thankfully it's now changed hands and is a massive improvement. 

Nominations please 

Edited by stanton

10 minutes ago, stanton said:

It seems that almost every week there's another list published telling us where the best Chippy / Curry House or other take away place is , instead of the best I reckon a list of the worst, the places that should definitely be avoided would be far better to know, there's nowt worse than handing over money for something that's totally rank and uneatible 

I'll start with a Chinese takeaway in Gala that gave me food poisoning ,I've never been back ,  there was also a chip shop in Melrose where I had the worst ever fish supper  , nobody I know of ever had anything good from the place. , it was eventually closed down by the environmental health officers , thankfully it's now changed hands and is a massive improvement. 

Nominations please 

Lol @ uneatible

I think you mean ineatible m8

24 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maghera has a population of 4,200 - off the top of my head there's 3 chippys, 2 chinese an indian and 2 pizza places, 4 pubs and a hotel

Sounds a rather pleasant place to live 😁

My first solo inspection (near 30 years ago) as a Surveyor was a chip shop on Cross Arthurlie Street in Barrhead. Doing the job I, of course, had to get behind the counter and into the back shop food storage areas.

Genuinely, I have not had a fish supper since. 

9 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Sounds a rather pleasant place to live 😁

It also has 2 churches, a chapel, an Orange Hall a GAA club, a coffee shop, 3 supermarkets and at least 3 butchers, 2 shoe shops, a gents outfitters and a bank, so I think we've everything covered, tbf.

And there are at least 8 cash machines

Edited by Jacksgranda

It is probably because I like to get full up and my belly is getting bigger but I feel like Vietnamese food should be giving out bigger portions.

Was at Pho Viet the other day and food was fine, starter was quality, had Bahn Xeo. Nice enough but a bit pricey. Had a Ca Kho To for main dish but there should be more fish in that, was pretty hot though which I liked.

£2.50 per person for BYOB is too expensive. That scares customers away.

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

My first solo inspection (near 30 years ago) as a Surveyor was a chip shop on Cross Arthurlie Street in Barrhead. Doing the job I, of course, had to get behind the counter and into the back shop food storage areas.

Genuinely, I have not had a fish supper since. 

Alpinos ?

29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

It also has 2 churches, a chapel, an Orange Hall a GAA club, a coffee shop, 3 supermarkets and at least 3 butchers, 2 shoe shops, a gents outfitters and a bank, so I think we've everything covered, tbf.

Sorry wasn't meaning to come across as sarcastic but it does sound like a good variety of drinking and eating places for such a small town.👍

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Worst cup of coffee at a Scottish football ground - New Douglas Park, Hamilton.

That’s it, that’s my contribution. It was primarily the reason I wanted to see them relegated.

That's good enough 👍

13 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Sorry wasn't meaning to come across as sarcastic but it does sound like a good variety of drinking and eating places for such a small town.👍

I didn't think you were being sarcastic - I just added those other things in because I think it has nearly everything you'd want in a small town,

There's also a florists, 2 barbers (although one of them seems to be shut most of the time now, they are both owned by the same man), a couple of hairdressers, 3 chemists, a beauty salon, a dry cleaners. a cinema and  a primary school. (There are probably two primary schools, but for the life of me I can't think where the RC school is.)

And a Civic Amenity Recycling Facility.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maghera has a population of 4,200 - off the top of my head there's 3 chippys, 2 chinese an indian and 2 pizza places, 4 pubs and a hotel

I do like the Irish small towns, where they retain local shopping and as you say, there’s literally everything you would need within a small town. I find even the smallest town/ large village will have a man’s’ shop which stocks decent formal and casual clothes you struggle to find in a larger town in Scotland or England.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Dumbarton has four vaping shops, five nail bars , six charity shops, seven undertakers, eight people in work, nine fast food outlets and a Walking Stick Museum.