Cove vs Clyde

It's obviously hard to tell from a low quality camera but the red card possibly looked harsh, seemed more chest than arm.

We've been so poor defensively though. Livingstone was excellent against Cove last time but he's trying way too hard today and Cuddihy has been atrocious at right back, constantly out of position. Can't believe we've left our two centrebacks 2-on-2 against McAllister & Megginson so many times, outrageously stupid tactics. Need to get Docherty on to help out and organise.

Tade doing a decent job trying to hold things up, Love done more than usual and we must do whatever we can to get Nick McAllister back next season, makes such a difference to our team.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Disappointing result especially against 10 men but Cove have a number of players that shouldn't be at this level, big gulf in quality.

To come through back to back fixtures against the top 5 and still be 6th with a 7 point gap over 2nd bottom is decent going. Would have taken that before hand.

Hopefully Jamieson is back for East Fife as Cunnigham being out again is big blow especially with his scoring record against East Fife.

Last few performances since the Dumbarton game were a huge improvement and simply nothing went right today. Fair play to Cove but is yet another example of a team, among many others, who are leaving teams like us behind, and wouldn’t be surprised if Keilty are the next one. Will be interesting to see how the Scottish leagues look in about 5/10 yrs from now. 

Yes, Cove have the better players but that level of performance from Clyde was totally embarrassing.

We couldn't pass the ball 5 yards, we dropped runners, we lacked effort and we were tactically woeful.

One shot on target in the second half with a strong wind behind us. Hardly even a cross into the box. We never tried to stretch their defence at all.

Tade's performance needed to be seen to be believed. How he stayed on the park so long I'll never know.

It cost me a lot of money and time to go to Cove. I'm freezing but at least I can satisfy myself that I at least put in an effort.

I doubt there's many of the Clyde team today can say the same.

9 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Yes, Cove have the better players but that level of performance from Clyde was totally embarrassing.

We couldn't pass the ball 5 yards, we dropped runners, we lacked effort and we were tactically woeful.

One shot on target in the second half with a strong wind behind us. Hardly even a cross into the box. We never tried to stretch their defence at all.

Tade's performance needed to be seen to be believed. How he stayed on the park so long I'll never know.

It cost me a lot of money and time to go to Cove. I'm freezing but at least I can satisfy myself that I at least put in an effort.

I doubt there's many of the Clyde team today can say the same.

Fair play to you…whole day taken up and at an expense you probably didn’t need…hats off to you and any others who went there today. 

I get that we obviously missed a few extra players today but if someone had told me before the game that we'd concede a goal from a Cove player (McAllister) being played down the side of a centre half with no full-back there to cover in, I'd have been amazed. What is worse is that it had happened twice already, both ending with shots off the woodwork.

Obviously having an extra man is an advantage but I'd have probably preferred Cuddihy's shot just going in and us being level against 11 men. At least we have a bit of a game-plan to hit on the counter attack, getting to half-time and tightening up was probably our best chance. Us being gifted possession with our complete and utter lack of creativity and movement made us exceptionally vulnerable. Gifting away a goal right on half-time was criminal, the original loss of possession, being caught wide open down our right and then a couple of awful attempts to clear. After that Cove could then just let Rumsby/Elsdon have the ball and get ready to press Livingstone/Cuddihy when the ball went wide.

We surprisingly conceded from a corner kick to start the second half and then for some unknown reason, stuck Jones up front with Tade but didn't sling a single diagonal or cross in their direction, instead patiently passing the ball straight out of play. The fourth goal was the most laughable of the lot, Maley too slow to venture out and Docherty too slow to adequately get back at a striker who looked like he couldn't be bothered scoring. I actually think Docherty's eventual challenge took it over the line for an own goal. 

A limited group of players have done remarkably well to have us sitting sixth but in this division you need footballers with some athletic ability. We've got centre halves who are routinely bullied, our only fit wide player hasn't beaten a man since he signed for Clyde and our target men either get tired after 20 minutes or get knocked over by the wind. Splaine was the only player who looked like a footballer in our team today. In truth, I've spent much of this season keeping an eye on the other scores. Even when we've been getting results it's rarely been fun.

Highlights. Slow Mo at  3 minutes 53 seconds for Harry Milne's spectacular goal line clearance that looks wrongly to have him sent off. Clearly comes his shoulder/chest/collar bone area. His right arm was tucked behind his back. 

Can see why the ref gave it, a snap second decision but surely must get overturned.

Edited by CoveRangers1922