Peterhead v Montrose

Ooft, will take that!

There wasn't much football played at all here, really - game had nil nil written all over it but for the clumsiest goal I've seen in ages, and an absolutely cracking save from Lennox at the end to keep the home side out. Hard to tell from the other end of the pitch, but thought Cammy got the ball with regards to his second yellow. Another very inconsistent ref, today. The last few minutes with nine men were nervy, but I really don't think Peterhead troubled us much. They didn't look confident at all during the game, and I'm not surprised there are more shouts for McInally to go. 

Gutsy performance today, but exactly how we set up next week, feck knows.....

Guest Bluetoon
22 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

You're not allowed to say that - did you not know that he has been here 10 years and is part of the furniture at cosy Balmoor.

Might need another relegation for some to release he's been coasting for years.

Guest Bluetoon
11 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

No. Jim and the board will know when the time is right for him to go. We have been unlucky in quite a few games this season and the team needs our support and less criticism, leave that to the Falkirk fans.

Exactly what's wrong with our support. We've been brainwashed into thinking that Jim is untouchable and he's "done a good job". I guess you'd be happy with a relegation then him leaving as "the right time"?

14 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

No. Jim and the board will know when the time is right for him to go. We have been unlucky in quite a few games this season and the team needs our support and less criticism, leave that to the Falkirk fans.

The right time for Mcinally to have gone was several seasons ago, however, they made the unbelievable decision and asked him to stay!! As for support and less criticism, there's only so much that fans will put up with standing up at cold, windswept Balmoor - I think they have the right to criticize. Hard luck stories cut no ice with me - only goals and points matter.

8 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

Might need another relegation for some to release he's been coasting for years.

Relegation would be the best answer and get a new man in with fresh ideas and build up a team that will get promotion and mount a challenge in Division 1. It may take a few seasons to get back but surely it would be better than what's on offer at the moment.

Would love to know how many goals we’ve conceded from unforced errors similar to that one today. Seems we’ve got a ‘comedy’ goal in us every game. Combine that with us not having many ideas going forward and it doesn’t look great. At least we play good football tho!

2 minutes ago, bluetoonscotty said:

Would love to know how many goals we’ve conceded from unforced errors similar to that one today. Seems we’ve got a ‘comedy’ goal in us every game. Combine that with us not having many ideas going forward and it doesn’t look great. At least we play good football tho!

Play all the football you like. If you dont score, you dont win and as someone pointed out earlier we have a propensity to give away stupid goals.

A recipe for losing if ever there was.

Dont want hard luck stories......one or two a season maybe acceptable, but not on an almost weekly basis.

14 minutes ago, Toon 68 said:

Typical of our season. Just getting a good grip of the game and we lose a comical goal

Do you want a tall striker back ? 

Well that was daylight robbery.  Told you earlier in the thread that we’ve been grim for weeks .. today was just a continuation of that form. From where I was sitting it looked like your keeper made an absolute arse of it for the goal … but to be frank I couldn’t figure out how the ball ended up in the net.  As for the tall striker … nah it’s alright .. he’s reverted to the lazy shitebag that arrived at LP.  Utterly useless.   

4 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Well that was daylight robbery.  Told you earlier in the thread that we’ve been grim for weeks .. today was just a continuation of that form. From where I was sitting it looked like your keeper made an absolute arse of it for the goal … but to be frank I couldn’t figure out how the ball ended up in the net.  As for the tall striker … nah it’s alright .. he’s reverted to the lazy shitebag that arrived at LP.  Utterly useless.   

Utterly useless hits the spot. Problem is, his replacement is 41 years old and no matter how good he was in his prime, his prime was 15 years ago.

But McLean will never have a 'prime's. Unless he's  an Amazon member.....

On 11/03/2022 at 16:32, PortyMo said:

I'm more optimistic about away games just now. We can't buy a win at home but away days seem to be more fruitful. Pretty confident we'll scrape a 1-0 win in a wind spoiled, dour match at a Baltic Balmoor.

Well, despite the best efforts of the referee I'm happy with my clairvoyant skills.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

He's not Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger. They earned the right to stay as managers of their respective clubs because they won trophies on a regular basis.

J Mc has not.

Big Rusty the money chaser....💷💷 I'm glad he ain't doing well for you lot no time for him at all thinks he is brilliant tae.

As for the game wasn't their but always a hard place to go and well happy to come down the road with 3 points.

13 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Big Rusty the money chaser....💷💷 I'm glad he ain't doing well for you lot no time for him at all thinks he is brilliant tae.

As for the game wasn't their but always a hard place to go and well happy to come down the road with 3 points.

He's doing not too bad. 11 league goals and 14/15? In all competitions. A decent return but not many others complimenting that goal tally for the Blue Toon. Who's the next top scorer Peterhead and how many they got?

As if the wind wasn't enough to make this match farcical along came the referee. There was barely a bad tackle in the match but the ref found enough to show 9 yellow cards and 2 reds. Somewhere between the cards there was supposed to be a football match. Both teams seemed to play better kicking into the wind. As farcical as the game was, the goal topped it off. Still not sure what actually happened. Ironically it came just as Peterheid were taking control of the match. For us, Blair Lyons put in good shift but Dillon was immense in the heart of the defence. No nonsense defending. As for the big lanky striker, despite being crap he's better than anything we have up front. As for Eli, apart from knocking the keeper into next week he is rank rotten.

19 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

We really need to stop making a habit of getting red cards. It’s getting ridiculous the amount of games in a row we have got red cards. We’re probably going to play the u15’s next week knowing how inept the SFA is.

How many is that we've had this season?

Must be half a dozen.

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's doing not too bad. 11 league goals and 14/15? In all competitions. A decent return but not many others complimenting that goal tally for the Blue Toon. Who's the next top scorer Peterhead and how many they got?

Aye if you look at it like that a suppose he doing okay...but at the wrong end off the table when he could have been in the play offs with us but greed got the better of him.