Relegation Decider - EF-vs- DFC

I mean... at least it is only 1 - 0 and we have 11 men on the park.

In all seriousness though, this just sums up how bad a place we are in. I don't think we have a squad FULL of bad players but we play nothing like a team and the management have no idea what they are doing, clearly

Just now, squeezebox-son said:

I mean... at least it is only 1 - 0 and we have 11 men on the park.

In all seriousness though, this just sums up how bad a place we are in. I don't think we have a squad FULL of bad players but we play nothing like a team and the management have no idea what they are doing, clearly

Nearly forgot about our obligatory red card still to come.

He needs to go for it here, whatever he deems going for it is. There's just no urgency about us, the ball goes out for throw ins and we dawdle along then have no idea how to build play from there, resulting in a minute passing by where the ball isn't even in play and our players are making half hearted appeals for the ball. If the players don't come out with fire in their bellies in this second half then the dressing room is lost. 

Our lack of an actual, proper striker is absolutely murdering us. Stokes and Duthie are playing fine. But neither of them are just sticking to playing as centre forward in the way Josh does.

If I was Faz and (contrary to popular belief) I'm not, I'd be telling Duthie to stop drifting wide and dropping too deep and just stick on or around the last defender. It's not his natural game. Naturally he wants to work hard. But we just need a bit of discipline positionally.

Less said about the defence the better.

That was absolutely depressing. We’re a total mess at the back, the midfield is non existant and we are offering hee haw going forward. I’d rather an out form Wilson at least trying to take folk on than Greg Wylde who absolutely shites himself any time the ball comes near him. 

The players don’t have a clue what they are doing, they look completely lost.

If this is how we perform in a what should be a vital fixture then we really are in deep trouble.  We essentially have two makeshift teams in oppostion today but only East Fife look up for it, and I'm seriously beginning to get the feeling that several of our players are lacking motivation and conviction - too many look to be going thro the motions and there was not a hint of belief evident in that first half.

That isn't a natural state of affairs  at a football club and is perhaps indicative of wider issues.  Anyway, it has become a pretty brutal watch on almost a weekly basis, and no amount of tactical trial and error will fix it.

I WANT A MANAGER WHO PLAYS PEOPLE INTHEIR BEST POSITION INSTEAD OF THINKINGTHEY ARE SOME FUCKING NEVER BEFORE SEEN MANAERIAL GENIUS.

GOOD MNAGERS PLAY TO THEIR TEAMS STRENGTHS .WE SHOULD BE  HIGHER UP THE LEAGUE BECAUSE BASICALLY WE HAVE A DECENT SQUAD.

Boyle coming in is baffling. Buchanan has to have a knock or be ill because  there's no way that Boyle should be playing. Lynch and Hutchinson can both play at the back. Both are better options than Paddy Boyle.  McKee has the freedom in that formation to concentrate on offering a creative, attacking threat. Wylde and Carlo should be able to attack out wide with the 3 at the back and 2 central midfielders able to protect against the counter. Duthie and Stokes up front is a frustrating problem - McLean and Onyson are sorely missed.

We've got the players to play this way. Playing Boyle is a choice and Farrell should be criticised for it. It's baffling. But the players need to take a lot of responsibility. They're better than they've shown this season. I swear that most of them have given up. In recent games we've looked far from giving any kind of f**k about fighting against the drop. These players  are ripping the piss out the manager, the club and the fans.