Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Clown Job

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I’ve just realised they’ve not announced where you can watch this in the UK

Wonder if it will be on Pluto like Discovery 

With it coming out in May it could just be a case of waiting for Paramount plus to launch here in the summer. I know that's the case for the Halo tv show. I'm not sure if there's an official date for its launch yet.

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Star Trek has been making political points for a while tbf.

Data’s daughter chose her own gender and the spotty hottie from DS9 was a lesbian.

In the original series, "This Side of Paradise" was a criticism of peace loving hippies.

Although it was a great episode, the colonists seems to have a great life and were happy.   They only grew enough crops for themselves but do what.  I don't why they had to be evacuated from the planet.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Star Trek has been making political points for a while tbf.

Data’s daughter chose her own gender and the spotty hottie from DS9 was a lesbian.

True, but try watching the most recent season of discovery. All about mental health and wellness and really sucking the life out of the drama. Utterly unsubtle about the political stuff too. 

• 3 weeks later...

That’s Paramount plus officially announcing its launching here on the 22nd June 

Click

n the UK, Paramount+ will be available online at https://www.paramountplus.com/ and on mobile and a wide range of connected TV devices via the Paramount+ app, via broad direct-to-consumer distribution through Apple, Amazon, Google, Roku® and Samsung, with more platforms to be announced in the coming months. Users will be able to sign up to the service for £6.99 per month/£69.90 per annum in the UK, after a free seven-day trial*.

Paramount+ will launch on Sky platforms in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Austria in 2022 as part of a new multi-year distribution agreement that also includes the extended carriage of Paramount’s leading portfolio of pay TV channels. Sky Cinema subscribers will get the bonus of Paramount+ included at no extra cost.

On 16/04/2022 at 09:15, scottsdad said:

True, but try watching the most recent season of discovery. All about mental health and wellness and really sucking the life out of the drama. Utterly unsubtle about the political stuff too. 

Only watched half the first series but sounds like they went from one extreme to the other, full blown militarism and species/race war in the first to a parody of wokism later on. I thought it was dreadful from the start, Gene Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave.

19 hours ago, Clown Job said:

That’s Paramount plus officially announcing its launching here on the 22nd June 

Click

n the UK, Paramount+ will be available online at https://www.paramountplus.com/ and on mobile and a wide range of connected TV devices via the Paramount+ app, via broad direct-to-consumer distribution through Apple, Amazon, Google, Roku® and Samsung, with more platforms to be announced in the coming months. Users will be able to sign up to the service for £6.99 per month/£69.90 per annum in the UK, after a free seven-day trial*.

Paramount+ will launch on Sky platforms in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany and Austria in 2022 as part of a new multi-year distribution agreement that also includes the extended carriage of Paramount’s leading portfolio of pay TV channels. Sky Cinema subscribers will get the bonus of Paramount+ included at no extra cost.

All well and good but no way am I shelling out yet more cash on another pointless streaming service. Especially this one, who pulled Discovery the day before it was due to come on to Netflix last season.